Sol

Misc Sol 2.2.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
In the first place I would say, just use this, to get everything working. With Sol there are much more features now with the ppfilter. Now a script is linked to the ppfilter, which will do dynamic changes. So if you use a standard filter, you will miss some important features like time depended exposure adjustments with the __Sol and __Sol_ACC ppfilter.
Got them in now. Also found in apps that I have another 'apps' folder inside with exactly the same contents as the main apps one has. I'll switch over to my phone and put in the photo if you'd need it. This, I'm presuming, is just an error?

I'll have a look at it in order to check if this should be working in SLP 140 ... if I succeed to test it before this evening, date of the event. :D
Thanks for your quick answer, Peter. :thumbsup:
Last time I've tried it didn't work in p140 too. The only solution was to reduce lights brightness to a lower value from default 300%. But this affects everything else (even though it tames most cars with exaggerated lights).

Thanks for the info, @AlleyViper :thumbsup:.... that's what I suspected after a quick test done.
It doesn't work but I will not touch the lights brightness ....

What I did may help a bit for a better view ahead or at least at the sides ahead: I just increased the "Multiplier for headlights wideness" ... the Ginetta GT4 beams are rather narrow.

@AlleyViper @Jempy
I actually tried it with this settings:
upload_2019-7-6_19-43-36.png

upload_2019-7-6_19-44-1.png

I'm on a dev build 1.25.166, but it should work with 140...

The cars lit multiplier works as well...

IMO it would be the easiest to set the brightness multi ro 100-150%. Thats where it should be...

Last edited:
@AlleyViper @Jempy
I actually tried it with this settings:
View attachment 313792
View attachment 313793
I'm on a dev build 1.25.166, but it should work with 140...

The cars lit multiplier works as well...

IMO it would be the easiest to set the brightness multi ro 100-150%. Thats where it should be...

Thanks for your input, I guess "Headlights on interior" then heavily depends on other settings. Under p140 + 1.2.4 (also on previous versions) when everything in the lighting page is set to default, just reducing "Headlights on interior" unfortunately does almost nothing even when set to very low levels or at 0%. It might have to do with default brightness at 300% and other settings that mess this multiplier.

In the following screenshots with everything else on the Lighting FX set as default, the first is default "Headlights on interior" 100%, then 10% which looks the same. I believe this was also the reason for @Jempy 's comment.
images
(for these screenshots "Limit some things if there are a lot of cars" on the general settings was disabled, so all car lights from behind show right at session start)

Edit:
I hope you convey this to x4fab, as it's important both for track and car config making to achieve realistic looks under a sensible default value that'll be left untouched for most users. 300% is very exaggerated, making common cars look like they have Le Mans spec headlights.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input, I guess "Headlights on interior" then heavily depends on other settings. Under p140 + 1.2.4 (also on previous versions) when everything in the lighting page is set to default, just reducing "Headlights on interior" unfortunately does almost nothing even when set to very low levels or at 0%. It might have to do with default brightness at 300% and other settings that mess this multiplier.

In the following screenshots with everything else on the Lighting FX set as default, the first is default "Headlights on interior" 100%, then 10% which looks the same. I believe this was also the reason for @Jempy 's comment.
images
(for these screenshots "Limit some things if there are a lot of cars" on the general settings was disabled, so all car lights from behind show right at session start)

Edit:

I hope you convey this to x4fab, as it's important both for track and car config making to achieve realistic looks under a sensible default value that'll be left untouched for most users. 300% is very exaggerated, making common cars look like they have Le Mans spec headlights.
The multi don't change the track lights. Just saw this when I tried around.

Sorry, I meant that track lighting should also take in account car lights effectiveness. If road car lights are too strong, it might end up looking too weak by itself when levels are OK'ish. Just faced that dilemma days ago testing lights on a city circuit.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

images

Edit:

From what I remember bright cockpit was result of some texture loading threaded oprimization option turned on.
I think it's okay now with 164.

This isn't the other problem that caused nuclear cockpit (disabling all optimizations doesn't change it, except for the few options that forcefully disable the new node::render), it's just caused by a very close car on the back with high lights.
With p164 I have the same "issue", if all other lighting fx are left at default, just reducing "headlights on interior" does nothing. Tweaking other settings, mostly reducing brightness from 300% to a value like those peter suggested has a greater effect.

Please notice that if you don't look back, or disable "limit some things with a lot of cars", the car behind you at the back of a grid won't illuminate the interior of your car by default on the starting line to spare resources.

Thanks, and sorry for the OT.

Last edited:
Thanks for the infos .... and I just only can confirm what @AlleyViper explained in his 2 posts.
This just happens when the car is just behind you and except surely modify the brightness as @Peter Boese advised ... just modifying the "Headlights on interior" has no effect.

The problem is finally more the windshield than the cockpit itself ..... as with especially dirty windshields like for example the Ginetta 55 .... you cannot really see the track ahead ( white and stray is rather a good color for a cat but not really for a windshield at night ! :roflmao: )

But I'll have a look at all your settings, Peter ... and try to apply them to see the result :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 197115

This isn't the other problem that caused nuclear cockpit (disabling all optimizations doesn't change it, except for the few options that forcefully disable the new node::render), it's just caused by a very close car on the back with high lights.
With p164 I have the same "issue", if all other lighting fx are left at default, just reducing "headlights on interior" does nothing. Tweaking other settings, mostly reducing brightness from 300% to a value like those peter suggested has a greater effect.

Please notice that if you don't look back, or disable "limit some things with a lot of cars", the car behind you at the back of a grid won't illuminate the interior of your car by default on the starting line to spare resources.

Thanks, and sorry for the OT.
It used to be Optimize Draw Order option causing it
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/page-36#post-2907659

It seems it's not the perfect solution any longer as .... this "Optimize Draw Order" option has remained unticked since I read the post you mention, Andrew ;)

Thank for the help,
It's not the case anymore, as I don't activate that option. Disabling "custom node::render" will solve it under the same very high lighting fx defaults, but that's because it'll use the older slower render engine that was common to public csp versions before p112, as the one pointed in that old peter post were having that option disabled would fix it.

• Deleted member 197115

Thanks for the confirmation too, when you pointed p164 was OK I assumed you were using the current node:render. Hence my previous replies.
No, guess optimization that disables headlights in cars behind me confused me.
Thanks for clearing things up. :thumbsup:

The "Limit some things with a lot of cars" can leave you with some cars on track (that started behind you) for many laps without their headlights on. AFAIK this will remain until you either look back to them, set a camera on them, or let them pass you and their 3D model front or side shows for the fist time on cockpit view.
Those conditions force their lights to render from that point on (they'll also be kept on if you restart the race in the same session). If one fails to notice it, one can get caught by an AI divebomb, as they'll remain dark on the virtual mirror and fail to project lights next to you.

Anyway, I've dropped a comment on the buglist regarding the "Headlights on interior" slider not making a difference when everything else is left at default. For now, if current render::node is left enabled, tweaking lighting as peter suggested seems the best option.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.