To the admins, what are your plans for fixing this issue? In the mornings my internet goes to 6mbs on this site and on the evening like 1-0.3mbs

Last edited:
To save you the trouble of reading hundreds of posts, I'll just clarify here that this thread is indeed old but it relates to more than one kind of problem, and most of the issues reported here are not connected to the site itself being overloaded; that's a pretty recent phenomenon. See this post in particular for more info.

Premium users are about to get preferential download treatment..

Hi, Nielski. I love your work and the rest of The Staff 's work.
Make no mistake about that.

And so do almost everyone else ..
I have a humble staff question :

What if, 500, 1000, or more guests go Premium, would that help people's loading of the site and downloading speed ?
Yes.. or No..

× In plain writing here, please ?

/Pp

To the admins, what are your plans for fixing this issue? In the mornings my internet goes to 6mbs on this site and on the evening like 1-0.3mbs

What if, 500, 1000, or more guests go Premium, would that help people's loading of the site and downloading speed ?
Yes.. or No..

/Pp

I'm no staff but:

Quotes from Neil:
We're also working on some other changes in the medium term which should make things better.

The work that is currently under way is intended to accomplish two things in particular:
  1. prevent high demand for downloads from causing the main website (forums etc.) to become unresponsive
  2. for downloads, provide preferential treatment for Premium members
This will improve the overall site experience for all users at peak times. However, it will obviously make downloads for non-Premium users slower when the site's bandwidth is at full capacity.
For non-Premium users, the simple answer for getting good download speeds will still be to download at off-peak times (e.g. morning for western Europe).
The additional remedial measures are almost ready for testing...

Hi, Rasmus.
Sorry.. The Qustion still stands, for the Staff... YES or NO...
Hehe no problem, what I tried to say with the quotes:
Measures are underway and you can't really accelerate them apart from maybe being a big investor and dropping a load of money into RD to get and pay actual employees to push things forward.

But guests going premium would be like waiting for Amazon to get your order shipped and then asking Amazon if they could ship your order sooner if you'd place more orders.
Yes, it helps Amazon if you order more. But no, your single order wouldn't get accelerated by it.

If I understand your question (but I'm not certain I do), then at present it would make no difference at all.

Yes.. or No..

/Pp
Not clear ?!
In essence, it's could be about the money needed, to get thing going smooth in the future .. For Premium users and guests.

Staff-meeting first, Not OK..
YES.. OR NO.. ?

In essence, it's could be about the money needed, to get thing going smooth in the future .. For Premium users and guests.
Well, we are very close (weeks or thereabout I believe) to improving the download experience for Premium users and the overall website experience for all users. At to how much money we'd need to provide high download speeds for an indeterminate amount of users... that'd be indeterminate I reckon ;)

Well, we are very close (weeks or thereabout I believe) to improving the download experience for Premium.. ;)

Well, Nielski, thanks... I wish You good in your mission.. , however
not satisfied..

> {{ Dear, Neilski, I can not save the Racing World. Neither can you.. }}

— You still do not answer the question ! ! ..
500 or 1000 New Premium ??

YES or No..

Premium users are heavy complaining about it , You know that already...
Would You try, and show us here , what complaints You've maid so far, posted to those You think is responsible. And their answers, please, from your Inbox... . A good sobering thing to do, for us.

( IT IS a matter of transparancy. For Vistors, Regulars and Premium Users... Think about it.. I hope You understand this.. )

This is important..
Over 200 replays alread. , Some 6 years old .. Not good. Reading recent post in the thread..
It needs to be adressed, soon..

We will not have to reach three hundred more complaints about it.. Do we ?
/Pp

Well, Nielski, thanks... I wish You good in your mission.. , however
not satisfied..

> {{ Dear, Neilski, I can not save the Racing World. Neither can you.. }}

— You still do not answer the question ! ! ..
500 or 1000 New Premium ??

YES or No..

Premium users are heavy complaining about it , You know that already...
Would You try, and show us here , what complaints You've maid so far, posted to those You think is responsible. And their answers, please, from your Inbox... . A good sobering thing to do, for us.

( IT IS a matter of transparancy. For Vistors, Regulars and Premium Users... Think about it.. I hope You understand this.. )

This is important..
Over 200 replays alread. , Some 6 years old .. Not good. Reading recent post in the thread..
It needs to be adressed, soon..

We will not have to reach three hundred more complaints about it.. Do we ?
/Pp

Not all posts are related over the last 6 years, it's a thread which has grown and not all posts are related. Thanks,

Why do downloads take such a long time now. Even small files are taking anything up to 20 minutes to download, what has happened

Piease, always be a bit more informative about issues you might have. Your location.. country, ISP provider, maybe..
These things may actually being of good help to individuals at RD, involved in making the site to run smoothly.
Has it been said before ?
I've been blessed with super speed all along, in Sweden.
No complaints at all. I still feel sorry for you, guys and girls, not having this. Really...

I've been blessed with super speed all along, in Sweden.
OK, before people get too excited about this: the entire site has been suffering from limited network capacity for the last few weeks.
The end result is that at peak times, everyone has low download speeds. (Peak times typically means weekday evenings in western Europe, and much of the day at weekends.) People downloading at 4am western European time will for sure have been seeing very high download speeds though :D
We are working on ways to reconfigure our systems - see this post for a few more words on that.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 92 91.1%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 16 15.8%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 28 27.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 33 32.7%