Sorry to say but this is still an ongoing issue for me. In mid-Feb Neilski said that the changes were imminent. What's going on gents?
Apologies for this. Final testing showed a problem with the changes, which is not yet resolved. Still hoping they'll be in place very soon, but unable to promise a timescale right now.

Last edited:
rn im downloading a mod with 80KB/s, i tried with different browsers and IDM but it doesnt help, i get 90Mbps download in speedtest, and i download with around 11MBps on steam. is the problem my connection or not? do i just wait
The site has been busy lately but not enough to explain that I'd say; it's currently giving me downloads at around 25 Mb/s (~ 3 MB/s), and for you to have been getting less than 1 Mb/s from us earlier today does probably mean that there's a problem with your connection to our server. Your ISP may be able to offer some assistance so it's worth consulting them, but the true issue may lie between your ISP and ours.

It is insane to me that in 2022 people host files directly from a server with 1 network interface. Use bittorrent or a CDN... free content can go on bittorrent and paid content can go on a CDN (which u can gate with cookies/headers or whatever). Then you're not wasting your web server's bandwidth on files...

Just sending my feedback on the matter on my part of the map. Checking in from Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo - Brazil. Both places have a 1.5GB fiber connection, hitting an awful 85kbps surfing the site and downloading at max 200kbps with drops to as low as 28kbps until the download simply fails. Wasn't like this back in December last year. I started to notice the drops in January this year. Tried all browsers and called my ISP - nothing there.

Last edited:
Just sending my feedback on the matter on my part of the map. Checking in from Rio de Janeiro & Sao Paulo - Brazil. Both places have a 1.5GB fiber connection, hitting an awful 85kbps surfing the site and downloading at max 200kbps with drops to as low as 28kbps until the download simply fails. Wasn't like this back in December last year. I started to notice the drops in January this year. Tried all browsers and called my ISP - nothing there.
Site is really busy right now, but I'm still getting around 300 kB/s (i.e. roughly 2.5 Mb/s) on a test download. If you don't see something comparable (if you test again nowish) then it's not our server, but rather the connectivity in between (and only your ISP can help with that I'm afraid).

I got in touch with ISP again. The bouncing from here to there is insane. Pretty crazy stuff. Nothing they can do over there. I got a friend who lives 40 KM from me, just asked him and he tells me it's good on his end. He's got a different ISP than mine so yeah. Unfortunate. I'll have to see something in the Modem then.
Site is really busy right now, but I'm still getting around 300 kB/s (i.e. roughly 2.5 Mb/s) on a test download. If you don't see something comparable (if you test again nowish) then it's not our server, but rather the connectivity in between (and only your ISP can help with that I'm afraid).

I got in touch with ISP again. The bouncing from here to there is insane. Pretty crazy stuff. Nothing they can do over there. I got a friend who lives 40 KM from me, just asked him and he tells me it's good on his end. He's got a different ISP than mine so yeah. Unfortunate. I'll have to see something in the Modem then.
It's no fun when an otherwise-reliable ISP is unable to fix an issue you're experiencing. I've had that before myself.
If of course the ISP has other issues and can't/won't fix them - and they have competitors in your region - then you could consider changing. Not a lawyer but I think they would have a hard time enforcing a minimum contract length if they can't fix a problem that they have acknowledged is not your fault.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.