RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
rc006%20wanna%20race.jpg

Hi @Paul Jeffrey, I'm sort of new to R3E and have been online before but not in an organised series. I'm not in anyway a newbie to racing online with a four years experience with GranTurismo 5 & 6, Grid 1, 2 and Autosport and F1 2010/2011/2012/2013/2014.

I'd just like to ask how this works? Do you have some sort of club around which I can join to get more information? :)

Cheers,

Mike.

Hi @Mike Bearpark , thanks for stopping by! :)
I'll try and be as detailed as I can be, but feel free to ask if I haven’t covered something you want to know...

We run 'club' races for R3E here on RaceDepartment 7 days a week, keeping to the same track all week and alternating the cars to add some variety. The races are mainly 30 minutes (except Wednesdays WTCC 14 which is x2 20 minute races, and Sunday is our multiclass endurance event). The idea with club races is to offer an environment of fun, clean, exciting races without the emphasis on laptimes and the pressure of racing in a league environment.
You don't have to participate in a minimum number of events, the only think I ask is for you to try and sign up early to events you fancy (the more sign up the more it encourages others) and that you try and finish the race if you can...

To race with Race Department you need Premium membership, this allows you to race on any sim offered on this site, not just R3E...
Team Speak is not mandatory for R3E but is recommended, however its up to you :)

We have a great bunch of guys here who race hard and clean, its been a fun few weeks and the grid numbers are increasing steadily, once the summer is over I would expect we will be seeing full 24 car grids in the near future... so best to get in early and build up experience :D

Hope this answers your questions fella, I would recommend it here, since I started a few months ago I've not looked back, been an awesome experience...

Hope we see you out with us soon... any questions just ask ;)

Cheers,

Paul

In order to spectate you'll have to set up spectating first. At this point spectating isn't really implemented ingame but rather controlled from outside of the game from your browser. Basically you'll have to download a package which will show some controls in your browser (can be your game PC but also externally like a tablet. You don't have to get the package to be able to spectate but without the package you'll not be able to see the names of the drivers and the standings and such.

To spectate a server without the racing do the following:

In steam select the game and go to properties. Then select 'set launch options' and insert "-broadcastUrl=http://localhost:9090" without the "" icons. This is actually necessary to access that package and also to enable spectate mode. If you don't install the package you'll need to use the - and + keys to change driver and the home and those keys around to change camera's

If you do want to have control and visual notes on which drivers you are whatching you'll have to download the package found here: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/mp-spectator-web-overlay.2264/page-5#post-24693

There is a read me file inside if you need more help setting up everything and otherwise feel free to ask if you need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back