Show us your Rig / Cockpit

RigRolled.jpg

Cockpit: https://www.racedepartment.com/store/sim-lab-gt1-evo-sim-racing-cockpit.59/
Wheel: https://www.simracingbay.com/product/srb-ultra-competition-wheel/
Pedals: https://www.racedepartment.com/store/heusinkveld-sprint-pedal-set-of-3.140/

@Bunyip-Adventures that looks to be a versatile and solid rig! Even on the affordable side as well.
Do you notice creaking noises or similar from the wood?
Cheers
DrRob, It is a very adjustable setup. So far no noise at all. I did have the wheel deck adjusters came loose during a session and the top monitor drooped but after a retighten its been solid.
I would say the wood actually dampens some of the noise you get on a profile rig.

DrRob, It is a very adjustable setup. So far no noise at all. I did have the wheel deck adjusters came loose during a session and the top monitor drooped but after a retighten its been solid.
I would say the wood actually dampens some of the noise you get on a profile rig.
Thank you for the feedback! The dampening would be indeed one of the main benefits (not to forget price). Also not to underestimate: static discharge. I've been zapped a number of times using a Aly rig and rubber-soled shoes.

Yep Bram, was admiring yours ! :)

So I moved from PT-A to a D-Box system. Less Movement, more feelings (Dbox does tactive rumbles too, quite amazing) I also moved back a rift CV1 - the Rift S onboard cameras didn't like the movement of the rig, whereas I can mount CV1 sensors on the rig, so they don't know about the overall movement.

Love it !

Last edited:
New Rig day!!

ASR 3 powder coated
RTX3080Ti
3D printed bits Cup holder, Headphone mount, QR Mount, Stream Deck Mount, Sequential shifter, VR mount

Not installed: Sequential shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, Fanatec SQ shifter.

The most important part of this build is being able to use it as a PC. Still have some cable management left to do as well once everything else is sorted.

IMG_9742.JPEG
IMG_9744.JPEG
66789024210__1CB21349-4503-4E86-9ABB-E01185359F5A.JPEG
IMG_9712.jpeg

New paddle shifters (Simracing Coach) installed on my dished rim with custom mount made in aluminium. The paddles are 3D-printed and spray painted. The electronics are in a separate box and the wires go through the spacer. The horn button is also connected.

levas-sparco-champion-2.jpg

levas-sparco-champion-3.jpg

levas-sparco-champion-4.jpg

Also, new secondary button box to the right of mi rim. It's for urgent actions, so that's why it's so small and minimalistic. It shares the same aesthetics and components used in my other button box such as the 3D-printed rotary stand and the face in painted mehtacrylate. No electronics inside bacause it uses the same USB controler for the paddles and the horn in a separate box.

segunda-botonera.jpg

Last edited:
New Rig day!!

ASR 3 powder coated
RTX3080Ti
3D printed bits Cup holder, Headphone mount, QR Mount, Stream Deck Mount, Sequential shifter, VR mount

Not installed: Sequential shifter, Fanatec Handbrake, Fanatec SQ shifter.

The most important part of this build is being able to use it as a PC. Still have some cable management left to do as well once everything else is sorted.

View attachment 546124View attachment 546126
I need that cupholder!!

I printed one - You'll no doubt have access to FDM printers, I'd guess. Some nice black filament and you're away. Lemme know if you want one from Bonnie Scotland....

If you want a convenient hydration solution, you could try this. If you get a 1 liter Camelbak, along with the extension tube and magnetic clip for a harness.

hydrationSolution_8033.jpg

This is my 3rd Simtag’s pedals.
( Old racer edition of two pedals > Old black edition of three pedals > Ashley )
The brake firmness of Ashley is turning the knob of the slave cylinder left or right.
But it cant be adjusted to very soft.
The old version can be exchange the soft rubber on the slave cylinder.
But the Ashley is high degree of quality, I love it.

C745C400-7B0A-45DE-853E-DD964D197791.jpeg
A333EF53-B22B-43D7-9A9A-D0C40DEDF511.jpeg

Great to see you share this here Frank and taking the time for an excellent story into your journey so far.

Going to be another spectacular rig that combines both motion with high end tactile.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back