Show us your Rig / Cockpit

here is the virginity protection area. It's getting motion.. arrives next week!!

Attachments

• IMG_4778.jpg
    IMG_4778.jpg
    449.8 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_4779.jpg
    IMG_4779.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 424
DD setup for not a whole lot of money (or space)

Yes I took the plunge on the Cammus wheel base. I was on the fence between DIYing a MIGE setup or the CSL DD when I found out about it. Glad I did because this thing has more torque than I'll ever need and came standard with 6x70mm mounting holes so I didn't have to pay $200 (cough) just to bring my own rim. I'll be 3d printing a flappy paddle gearbox as well to keep costs down.

Oh and yes that is a guitar strap attached to the rig. I'm stuck having to use a desk chair for space reasons, and it keeps me from sliding back under hard braking. You wrap it around the center pole of the chair and put a carabiner on it. A good strap will have virtually no stretch so you can still be consistent with a load cell.

vfZnlOR.jpg

Last edited:
Just finished rearranging my car racing computer setup. It has 17 power plugs connected to the mains. It has 15 USB devices connected to the PC. It has 5 screens (3 monitors, an old tablet and an old phone) and a VR headset. 5 sound amplifiers drive 8 shaking devices. 3 game devices (steering wheel, hand controller and an X52 Pro Flight stick for flying simulator. A racing seat is connected to a motion platform. Sound is delivered by either stereo speakers or headset or through the VR headset. There are 3 different sound cards on the system. The PC has 3 disk drives and 2 SSD drives connected to it has 64 GB of memory and an nVidia GTX 2080 graphics card.. Oh yes, then there's the fan that cools me down while I race.
It is extremely untidy, nothing planned, everything added as I go.....but....it works ;);)

Attachments

• pc1.jpg
    pc1.jpg
    384 KB · Views: 245
  • pc2.jpg
    pc2.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 290
  • PC3.jpg
    PC3.jpg
    459.6 KB · Views: 327
  • pc4.jpg
    pc4.jpg
    474 KB · Views: 347
  • pc5.jpg
    pc5.jpg
    433.5 KB · Views: 288
A little change made to the connections of my rig. Previously I had the USB and audio cables rolled up and fastened with a clip to the side of my rig. Now I've replaced these cables with shorter versions and I have 3D-printed a little box with the exact space for each connector.

caja-conexiones.jpg

How do you like the DK2?
I had doubts on going for motion , and definently didnt want a huge travel rig for my use (for several reasons, keeping triple monitors placed perfect for distance/fov is only one of them), but now i would not have a rig without it.

Dont have much to compare it to, but i am very picky with stuff like this. Always noticing if theres stuff going on that doesnt feel right. This system never fails to make me smile :)

It’s not a comfort system that just leans over a bit in turns etc, it’s more raw and detailed, telling you excactly what’s going on just like a racecar. If you crank it up, curbs will make you see unclear
But you can also calm it down using the filters, to youre likings.

In short, i like it. Alot.

It’s very much a haptic/tactile system.
And on friday they will release sw with motor vibrations too :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea