Should Ferrari Start Supporting Leclerc Over Vettel?

I was called out in a previous thread pre-2019 season kicking off, slating the good old days of F1 were gone how I've since eaten my words.

Yesterday's race was an absolute blast to watch albeit disappointed Hamilton won as I really like the underdog to always win.

Been a phenomenal start this far, but as soon as team orders start to come into play, I start to lose interest.

If there is any of these shenanigans mentioned over the radio, it should be an instant disqualification or drive through.

PS @Bram Hengeveld please feel free to gift me membership too :D, I like your sense of humour haha

I Disagree.

You have the massive hang up about the top two teams being superior to the rest and any driver being able to win in those cars. Yet vettel, Kimi and Bottas all lost to LH last year. (granted one was through a sickening display of team orders)

Who won in 2017? '16? Etc. The fact is they all couldn't put in enough consistent performance throughout the season to become champion. I firmly believe that Seb had the better car last year but crumbled because of the constant pressure from Lewis, and that's what wins championships.

If any kid from gp2 could finish 4th how come verstappen and riccardo kept pinching race victories even perez snuck onto the podium. If what you said was true both ferrari and merc would've binned their drivers in favour of some fresh new gp2 drivers and stuck the leftover salary into their own pockets. Both teams felt that their best option for winning the wdc and wcc is with their current line up.

I do however agree that their salaries are insane, but no footballer is worth what they get paid either and in my opinion, in a just world doctors, nurses, coppers and fireman would get paid a lot more than they do. I guess maybe if their daddies were millionaires they could all have been driving f1 cars?

So Kimi has gone from possible race wins to nowhere.....and LeClerc has gone from nowhere to possible race wins......go figure....
And don't even start me on Dan......

If you don't think that Merc and Ferrari are the top tier teams then i despair of you.....i really do...

Yes over 20 odd races weird things can happen due to others bad luck etc...(see Strolls podium).
But a mentalist would only bet against Merc or Ferrari as the top teams who can win the WCC....and their drivers the WDC...

****ing hate these anonymous 'disagrees' things.....so '12 year old girl on instagram 'esq....
You disagree? act like a man and ****ing quote me and take me on....

Indeed, some people are acting strangely. Last Sunday @Navigator went through all my old posts and gave me 20 disagree as a vengeance when he made personal attacks against me and his post was deleted.

Navigator.jpg

How I see this, it all started with Ferrari saying "We will let them race, Vettel is No.1 driver". Journalist translating it to "We will let them race. We will support Vettel". Fans going crazy as "Noooo, you should just let them race, don't favor anyone".
After that, Ferrari let them race and all journalists/bloggers/etc are "Ferrari must support Leclerc". I'm just happy to see that here, we have most of people voting to have equal treatment. :thumbsup:

I re-looked the incident, it seems Vettel was to close behind Hamilton and lost all pressure front his front wing keeping the frontwheels planted. Adding the fact that it's an off camber corner and Vettel was not really happy with the setup. Could have happened to any experienced driver fighting on the edge.
That later his whole frontwing went of just from "flatspot-vibrations", might suspect there was more going on with the car of Vettel than just him "cracking under pressure".

Leclrec just needs to keep be 3 tenths quicker than Vettel all the time, so Vettel can't even get in the position to be favoured.

I have never seen Vettel as a driver of the same quality as Hamilton, and that's clearer than ever since last year. But saying Ferrari should support a guy that has done one year in F1 and two races for them instead of a 4 time world champion is just delusional.

I re-looked the incident, it seems Vettel was to close behind Hamilton and lost all pressure front his front wing keeping the frontwheels planted. Adding the fact that it's an off camber corner and Vettel was not really happy with the setup. Could have happened to any experienced driver fighting on the edge.
That later his whole frontwing went of just from "flatspot-vibrations", might suspect there was more going on with the car of Vettel than just him "cracking under pressure".

Leclrec just needs to keep be 3 tenths quicker than Vettel all the time, so Vettel can't even get in the position to be favoured.

I do believe that the incident may have had something to do with loss of downforce, but definitely not on the front wing. Why would he spin by losing front downforce?

So Kimi has gone from possible race wins to nowhere.....and LeClerc has gone from nowhere to possible race wins......go figure....
And don't even start me on Dan......

If you don't think that Merc and Ferrari are the top tier teams then i despair of you.....i really do...

Yes over 20 odd races weird things can happen due to others bad luck etc...(see Strolls podium).
But a mentalist would only bet against Merc or Ferrari as the top teams who can win the WCC....and their drivers the WDC...

Maybe I didn't make myself very clear. Of course ferrari and merc are ahead of the pack, but I do not think any old driver would be able to get the same results.

Definitely. I'd say yesterday's spin was Vettel's most forgivable one compared to last season. How it happend was quite unfortunate, a sudden loss of gr, he fought Lewis quite nicely the previous laps

One successful race does not make Leclerc the obvious driver to back. Vettal has a hell of a lot of accolades on his stat sheets for some snot nose punk to take his position on the team.

Indeed, I feel like being on Reddit, where people are saying eveywhere that Gasly should be demoted, Kvyat is a god, Vettel is done and Leclerc should be number one. It's been two races, quite a bit early to decide which driver the team's gonna back for the championship.

Hey, moustaches are back in fashion again it seems, but i agree, it doesn't look
really good on him.;)
If you look at his haircut in Melbourne last year you'll notice he doesn't have the greatest sense of style. Or really doesn't care.

Indeed, I feel like being on Reddit, where people are saying eveywhere that Gasly should be demoted, Kvyat is a god, Vettel is done and Leclerc should be number one. It's been two races, quite a bit early to decide which driver the team's gonna back for the championship.

You forgot to mention that McLaren is as fast as Red Bull and Norris is the next Lewis Hamilton.

I think Vettel is still the main driver, he's got the experience and following to lead the team. He's basically eared his place through seniority. However LeClerk was just way faster, bar telling LeCerk to just sit behind Vettel he was always going to beat Vettel that day.

He did seem to be throwing caution to the wind though. Did he not say in the interview afterwards that he may not have had enough fuel to finish the race if the safety car hadn't come out?

I think Vettels accident was unfortunate. It was an odd accident, he didn't even have much steering lock on when the car spun. If the race played out without Vettels accident and no safety car LeClerk may have ran out of fuel with Vettel taking 2nd place after Hamilton. So Vettels long term strategy was going to beat LeClerk by the end of the race.

I have never seen Vettel as a driver of the same quality as Hamilton, and that's clearer than ever since last year. But saying Ferrari should support a guy that has done one year in F1 and two races for them instead of a 4 time world champion is just delusional.
Those 4 times World CHampionship were done with Red Bull, having a car that is superiour also puts the driver under a lot less pressure.

Indeed, some people are acting strangely. Last Sunday @Navigator went through all my old posts and gave me 20 disagree as a vengeance when he made personal attacks against me and his post was deleted.

View attachment 299313
For sure something personal. There is mostly no relation to the content. Disagree FFS.
Maybe this kind of people have to compensate something or just hunting for attention.
There was this @Leynad777 guy who even has disagreed with a skin preview (as a birthday gift for @Shaun Clarke ) of mine:
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/shaun-clarke-mods-updates.158781/page-5#post-2849676
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

The only sensible answer to the poll question is "Both, it's too early to tell". I am glad most sensible f1 fans on here voted that.:thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back