General Shaun Clarke Mods....Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it’s more of a time thing than anything. 12 weeks to do the whole car start to finish. That’s not much time to establish contacts with teams and get meaningful data. Also, it’s a lot harder to get data for cars from larger, more grand series/championships. Ginetta aren’t really hiding anything from competitors in their designs. Nor is Seat. Their global outreach and popularity is minimal, so they won’t hold their data very close to their chests. The same cannot be said for GTE/3 or LMP cars.

You can see when devs have more time per car (e.g. ACC), they go a lot further in depth.

I mean it’s more of a time thing than anything. 12 weeks to do the whole car start to finish. That’s not much time to establish contacts with teams and get meaningful data. Also, it’s a lot harder to get data for cars from larger, more grand series/championships. Ginetta aren’t really hiding anything from competitors in their designs. Nor is Seat. Their global outreach and popularity is minimal, so they won’t hold their data very close to their chests. The same cannot be said for GTE/3 or LMP cars.

You can see when devs have more time per car (e.g. ACC), they go a lot further in depth.
Totally agree with you there, even trying to get information out of BTCC teams was like pulling teeth. I remember talking to Paul O'Neal about the Focus, and he said, his does 0-60 in 2.5wks :rolleyes::D

Thank you for that, but they have the revs and limiter wrong. They have the limiter set to 6400, but IRL it's actually 6800, and the turbo works until 6800rpm as you will find out :)|

Shaun

Just drove the Civic tcr today in RaceRoom and the limiter is set at 6800rpm.

I don't have the pack, but testing them at the store's test drive, both the A3, Golf and Cupra TCR seem to redline at ~6528 rpm, and the limiter kicks exactly at 6800 rpm.

(edited)

Last edited:
A couple more WIP for you all :thumbsup:

__custom_showroom_1538826398.jpg
__custom_showroom_1538826370.jpg
__custom_showroom_1538826335.jpg
new_dash.jpg

Just found this, how I missed it, god knows but here is Ben Green with a 360 degree Cam in the Ginetta Supercup @ Snetterton.

Watching / listening to this, I cannot believe how good @Fonsecker sound is that he made, amazing work.

Shaun

Well that's it from me and my team. The Seat Leon is now out and well, although I can take criticism of course, don't have a problem with that, but what "we" was about was just bringing back MODS that where fantastic, and bringing them back to life....hence why this video, over 2yrs ago..

Now what seems to be have judged is that we would totally "re-model" re-do everything, which was and has never been the case, but now, everything we do, come's under this.

This seems to have started when I spoke about the "cough cough" project a couple of months ago I was and still am working on, which seems a little unfair, but each to there own I guess.

I am grateful and thankful for the THOUSANDS of people that have downloaded our work and appreciated what a group of working/family/life men have brought to you all for free, seriously THANK YOU ALL

But I will now turn my concentration to enjoying my racing, my sponsored team and also personal projects that are being used at a multi million pound simulation centre based at Silverstone where real drivers use our mods to learn / train and save money due to not having to test on track. If you want to, you to can go there and try them but it's not cheap :thumbsup:

So again, thank you all, have enjoyed every minute and made some amazing friends @After_Midnight @dreamer al @mclarenf1papa @Fonsecker to name a few.

CURTAIN_CALL.jpg

Regards

Shaun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Prizes