Should Ferrari Start Supporting Leclerc Over Vettel?

With all due respect, I really think RD should stop posting real life motorsport news or at least scale it way back. I'm pretty sure we all have other websites we check for that kind of information and all this real motorsport news is just cluttering up the home page and news page. And then on top of that, the editors seem to be missing actual sim racing news which is what this website is supposed to be about. For example, there's no article on the release of the RSS Formula Hybrid 2019. I understand real life motorsport news probably gets more clicks and therefore money, but sim racing needs to be the priority. I appreciate this website and everything it provides but this is just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Race dept staff keep up the good work ,

Yes Lando could beat Lewis, but saying Lewis won't allow a young team, is a bit.... well just another unnecessary lewis conversation. Lewis is not the Team Boss its not his final say. Comments like this expose your dislike.
I think Lewis would start throwing his toys out of the pram if Merc hired a hot young driver and let them race, especially if Lewis started getting beaten. He certainly wsn't amused in the post race interviews after Australia.

I think Lewis would start throwing his toys out of the pram if Merc hired a hot young driver and let them race, especially if Lewis started getting beaten. He certainly wsn't amused in the post race interviews after Australia.

The point is drivers don't have a majority say in who should take the next seat.Its easy to miss the point if you need to have a go :)

Should Ferrari Start Supporting Leclerc Over Vettel?
Can only be a joke to ask such a question after RACE 2 to be honest.
For sure, Ferrari must favor now the unexperienced " young gun" over
the 4 times WDC after one admittedly outstanding race.:roflmao:
And no, Leclerc was NOT the faster driver in Melbourne, he was slower
in qualifying and was far back behind Vettel (15secs) in the middle of the race
and everyone could see that Vettel had big problems with his car in the
second half. Remember?:" Why are we so slow?" Nevertheless, the decision
to call a team order was wrong at that time, they should have let him pass Vettel.
If after race 6 or 7 Leclerc is still in front of Vettel in the standings and has
really proven he is the faster guy THEN Ferrari can start thinking about it (even
though i hate team orders) but seriously, not right now.

till seb is with reds guys he is the n1 for team,cos they have to justify his 40milions of euro.

looking at what LeClerc and Lando are doing no one can justify the massive wages of the 'top' superstar drivers...... but it is simply 'image'..... you pay for the image as much as anything else....
Bottas is on way way less than half of Lewis's wage but is not that far off him really....
You could put any kid who can drive a GP2 car in the Merc or Ferrari and they would be at least 4th...

looking at what LeClerc and Lando are doing no one can justify the massive wages of the 'top' superstar drivers...... but it is simply 'image'..... you pay for the image as much as anything else....
Bottas is on way way less than half of Lewis's wage but is not that far off him really....
You could put any kid who can drive a GP2 car in the Merc or Ferrari and they would be at least 4th...

I Disagree.

You have the massive hang up about the top two teams being superior to the rest and any driver being able to win in those cars. Yet vettel, Kimi and Bottas all lost to LH last year. (granted one was through a sickening display of team orders)

Who won in 2017? '16? Etc. The fact is they all couldn't put in enough consistent performance throughout the season to become champion. I firmly believe that Seb had the better car last year but crumbled because of the constant pressure from Lewis, and that's what wins championships.

If any kid from gp2 could finish 4th how come verstappen and riccardo kept pinching race victories even perez snuck onto the podium. If what you said was true both ferrari and merc would've binned their drivers in favour of some fresh new gp2 drivers and stuck the leftover salary into their own pockets. Both teams felt that their best option for winning the wdc and wcc is with their current line up.

I do however agree that their salaries are insane, but no footballer is worth what they get paid either and in my opinion, in a just world doctors, nurses, coppers and fireman would get paid a lot more than they do. I guess maybe if their daddies were millionaires they could all have been driving f1 cars?

Too early, let them fight.

As far as RD being F1 heavy in their coverage, I think the economics of it break down like this - take a random sample of 9 RD members and ask, "what motorsports coverage would you like to see?":

- 3 of them each want to see coverage of their personal favorite (non-F1) series. Can please at most one of these 3.

- 3 of them each think it would be nice to see RD cover anywhere between 6-12 different series (including one guys local kart rental track, which has been having some really dicey action during Tuesday AM drop in sessions). Major news outfits lack the resources to please these 3.

- 3 of them say "F1". One series and make 33% of the people happy? Boom, done.

I saw the race today and to be honest, leclerc and vettel drive kinda the same (except leclerc dindt spin out on his own but whatevs) i will say its too early to take decisions, its just 1 race that leclerc out raced vettel, theres track who fits other drivers and tracks who dont. Vettel its a talented driver, otehrwise he wouldnt had 4 world titles (and dont come to me saying it was the car, cuz in 2012 Mclaren had the best car on the grid and still lost), the only problem vettel has its that he just loses the rear of the car over presion. And those people saying vettel should get in alfa romeo and kimi back in ferrari, you gotta remember since kimi got back in ferrari he got out qualified always by his teamate, he might be consistent but if you are not fast its useless, and who will go on seb seat? Doubt ferrari wil lelt giovinazzi in. In conclusion:
Vettel: might have 4 titles but he needs to train himself over presion.
Charles: one heck of a deal and im sure he will win a few world titles in the future

Regarding LeClerc today:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%