Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi All,

I have had a few PM's asking me this question, damn you lot look things up :laugh:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/49141179/Seat-Leon-Cup-Racer-TCR

After speaking to Martin, I can confirm, that it will be scratch made, and will be the 2018 Cupra version, but that link above, should wet your appetite :thumbsup:

Shaun
Should be a massive improvement, can't wait to see it.

Also I thought I recognised the profile pic when I checked out the Behance link - turns out I've chatted to him before about moddelling - all this time I had literally no idea who he was/how experienced he is! :roflmao:

Hi All,

Not an update as such but something I wanted to share with you, and got permission to share this with you, and as you can imagine, it made me smile, big big smiley....

I had a PM from @travaglino real name Ricci Raimondo. He drives the Peugeot 308 TCR in the Italian TCR Series. He agreed that I could share his PM to me. He said his english wasn't that good, but no problems here, so here it is.

Hello Shaun!

this is my first post here,i write you because yesterday was my first time with Seat Leon TCR, i love she, it's incredible physics, sound, handling and so much more (I play with VR Oculus CV1).
Last year i had buy AC because i need to made practice for real race, i'm driver in TCR Italy series on Peugeot 308 and finally with your Leon TCR i have find right car for my "virtual practice session".
Tyre model it's very good, grip it's like real, suspension too..car "jump" on curb so good, only 1 problem for me, I can not find the right corner entry (too much understeer).
Thank you for attention and THANK YOU for best work, I will always use it to train at real races!

Have a nice day and congrats again, nice nice work! :thumbsup:

adyrg6.jpg

ibg83t.jpg

I would just like to thank @travaglino for these kind words. He is going to work on an proper setup for me, to share in the new version.

Regards

Shaun

Just out of interest. The seat is not completely made from scratch by you, it's based on the work of someone else. So my question is: What difference in work is it making a model from scratch to editing an already existing one?
Note: I don't want to discredit anyone's work, I'm genuinely interested.

Just out of interest. The seat is not completely made from scratch by you, it's based on the work of someone else. So my question is: What difference in work is it making a model from scratch to editing an already existing one?

The new one will be based on the 2018 Cupra, not the Leon, so external and internal changes.

Shaun

Affirmative permission and support of the original author.

For anyone who wants to make their own skin with GIMP, I also originally tried to open the templates with GIMP 2.8, and saw that the image was "flat" (no layers), but then I upgraded to GIMP 2.10 and the file works fine. So if you are also having this problem, just upgrade to the latest GIMP.

Thanks again Shaun for this mod. I'm a terrible racer but still love driving this car.

For anyone who wants to make their own skin with GIMP, I also originally tried to open the templates with GIMP 2.8, and saw that the image was "flat" (no layers), but then I upgraded to GIMP 2.10 and the file works fine. So if you are also having this problem, just upgrade to the latest GIMP.

Thanks again Shaun for this mod. I'm a terrible racer but still love driving this car.
Does GIMP 2.10 support 3d models?

I've been doing a championship with this car and i'm loving drive with it, the close battle etc etc etc.

but I got one question? is any mod or something to improve the sound of the engine? Somehow the sound doesn't fill right to me. Could be just me ( never driven a tcr or even listen live one).

But Awesome work and thanks a lot for this mod. Way worth it

I don't think so, but I haven't looked lately. I've just been editing the flat skin files with the wireframe layers turned on, and then loading them in AC to check them.
nope, it doesn't, and it doesn't look like anyone is really looking into adapting it to do that (which is a shame really).

But apparently the newest version of Blender will offer a lot more "Paint options"

I've been doing a championship with this car and i'm loving drive with it, the close battle etc etc etc.

but I got one question? is any mod or something to improve the sound of the engine? Somehow the sound doesn't fill right to me. Could be just me ( never driven a tcr or even listen live one).

But Awesome work and thanks a lot for this mod. Way worth it
Unfortunately we are not able to improve the sound of the Seat. The reason for this @Fonsecker stoped his work for Assetto Corsa.

If you're not happy with the sound you can also use the Kunos Audi TT Cup sound instead.
Maybe its better for you :)

Greets After_Midnight

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back