Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Shaun Clarke submitted a new resource:

Seat Leon TCR - 2018 - Seat Leon TCR - 2018

View attachment 241006
We are proud to release the Seat Leon TCR

There have been some major changes compared to the Eurocup version witch was based on a 2014 version of the car. This is based on the 2018 UKTCR Series and I am so pleased to say that I have had help from a real life driver in the TCR UK, Carl Swift. Has provided me with information, stats and at every point I have sent him videos to see what his thinks and...

Read more about this resource...

I don't know why but the upload of @Shaun Clarke doesn't contain the right texture for the window logos of the Carl Swift car :O_o: Its the right one at the preview picture.

This file will set the logos to the series style and similar to all other liveries.
Put the "windowlogos.dds" in the skin folder carl_swift and overwrite the "wrong" one.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/caudepr84ve5ct6/carl_swift_windowlogos.rar

It will NOT break the online capability. :thumbsup:

Greets After_Midnight

Last edited:
Hi, did a quick test against AI with the TCR and AC's GT4 cars (which fit together quite nicely) at Catalunya. It appears the AI has trouble shifting (shifting down and up several times instead of up once at certain points of the lap). Maybe the shift down rpm is too high?
Edit: Did a another test where it seemed fine though, so I'm not sure what's up with that. There was nothing in the log as far as I can see.

Last edited:
Hi, did a quick test against AI with the TCR and AC's GT4 cars (which fit together quite nicely) at Catalunya. It appears the AI has trouble shifting (shifting down and up several times instead of up once at certain points of the lap). Maybe the shift down rpm is too high?
Edit: Did a another test where it seemed fine though, so I'm not sure what's up with that. There was nothing in the log as far as I can see.
Thanks for that info. I did most of my testing at Silverstone, BH and Donington as this is where Carl has been testing.

If you can remember, is it where they need to change down quickly, from 3-2nd for example, or was it just simply changing down?

Regards

Shaun

Shaun,
Nice mod, but I'm finding no grip an very sensitive on steering input for the first few laps. I known it's cold tires but it feels like an ice track.

Just me :whistling:
The first lap with cold tires and a very snappy rear end should be done a little bit careful. After that you should be feel the increasing grip of the tires. But I had never the feeling driving on an ice road.

Shaun,
Nice mod, but I'm finding no grip an very sensitive on steering input for the first few laps. I known it's cold tires but it feels like an ice track.

Just me :whistling:
@After_Midnight

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comments, but yes, just to expand on what AM said. Temps and grip take around 3-4 laps to get to the almost ideal levels (if you don't push it). If you push it before this, you tend to either flat spot them or raise the temps to quickly.

I have been made aware of what "might" be an issue with the tyres, which I am investigating tonight.

Regards

Shaun

Hi Paul,

Well that's good, that's how they should work in FWD, and also you will find the Rear Right will always mostly stay cold, due to the UK tracks direction.

Thank you for your input

Shaun

PS - EVERYBODY - I will get my server up tonight. This car loves Brands Hatch GP, unless somebody has another suggestion?

Thanks for that info. I did most of my testing at Silverstone, BH and Donington as this is where Carl has been testing.

If you can remember, is it where they need to change down quickly, from 3-2nd for example, or was it just simply changing down?

Regards

Shaun
Hi Shaun, as mentioned in my edit, in my tries since I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, times seem to be good now. And sadly it didn't come to my mind to record it or save the replay before I ran the next session.

It occurred the first time I booted AC up with the TCR and GT4 cars (to check how pace compares), at Barcelona Catalunya through all the slower turns around the middle sector (when upshifting to third or coasting in third I believe), the AI (two TCR cars) was downshifting from third and then up- and downshifting in quick succession, slowing the car down on exit of the turns. But as I wrote, can't reproduce it now so I have no idea what it was. Perhaps I should've waited with posting here.

Hi Shaun, as mentioned in my edit, in my tries since I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, times seem to be good now. And sadly it didn't come to my mind to record it or save the replay before I ran the next session.

It occurred the first time I booted AC up with the TCR and GT4 cars (to check how pace compares), at Barcelona Catalunya through all the slower turns around the middle sector (when upshifting to third or coasting in third I believe), the AI (two TCR cars) was downshifting from third and then up- and downshifting in quick succession, slowing the car down on exit of the turns. But as I wrote, can't reproduce it now so I have no idea what it was. Perhaps I should've waited with posting here.

Hi Epistolarius,

No problem, I will look in to it tonight. I have dropped some what of a clanger which needs fixing (already fixed it) just need testing, so will test this at the same time.

Again, thank you for your input

Shaun

Shaun Clarke updated Seat Leon TCR - 2018 with a new update entry:

Updated Seat Leon TCR

Hi All,

As I mentioned in the support thread, there was an update coming, and here it is. Now I will hold my hands up, and apologise, as I dropped a clanger here re the tyres.

Change-log V1.1.

Improved / Fixed Tyres
Improved / Fixed Automatic Gear Box (down shift was to low, so bounced between 2nd and 3rd
Tweaked AI
Included Carl Swift's fixed Windows
Included Templates folder.

Thank you all for what you reported back thus far, and again, if you spot an issue please report in the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Evening all,

Had a couple of comments already about V1.1 about the tyres and esp the Front Left, so thought I would clarify a couple of things. With UK Tracks, that is the tyre that takes the most pounding in a FWD car, so it will heat up, quickly and if you push it, it will over heat....its all about "managing " your tyres.

These tyres usually get around 100 - 105 degrees this is normal esp the one that takes the load balance

With AC, you cannot tell the right tyre to do this, and the left tyre to do that, its one for all setting, so you try to balance it, but the front left will always take the pounding more than any other tyre, due to the UK tracks.

Its trying to find that "fine balance" which is the difficult part.

If your tyres are going in to the 110 - 120 degrees range, then sorry, you are driving to agressive.

I hope this explains a few things

If in doubt, please just ask, I am open to questions

Shaun

Hi Shaun, first of all thanks again for this great mod.

Just a request if is it possible (it's not a matter of life and death): is it possible to align the side mirrors? They're now some 10-15° off:
upload_2018-3-18_0-8-26.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back