Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
You're right on this. This part is missing.
Also unfortunately the inner black part of the rear bumper is not really paintable atm. You can just colorize this one.

Sorry for that :unsure:

Greets After_Midnight
Thanks for making this already awesome mod even better. Driving the car is so much fun and it looks and feels spectacular.

The "missing" section is now back on the V 1.2 Parts template, but doesn't seem to be coming on to the car itself? Also, the Parts template is now just 1 layer? I am sure you are working on this, but just wanted to check I am not doing something wrong. Thank you again for all your hard work & sharing this with us all to enjoy

Thanks for making this already awesome mod even better. Driving the car is so much fun and it looks and feels spectacular.

The "missing" section is now back on the V 1.2 Parts template, but doesn't seem to be coming on to the car itself? Also, the Parts template is now just 1 layer? I am sure you are working on this, but just wanted to check I am not doing something wrong. Thank you again for all your hard work & sharing this with us all to enjoy
There is no issue on your side. :thumbsup:
For an unknown reason the the version 1.2 contains the wrong templates. :O_o:
Sorry for this :unsure:

The right templates are in the version 1.1 or this one:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/seat-leon-tcr-2018-templates.148496/

Again SORRY for this mistake on our side.

Greets After_Midnight

Hi Shaun,

It seems that something went wrong with the new aero file. Total CL is now 2.73 instead of the intended 1.2 by Guillaume Francois . Did all the new files get packed in the data.acd?

Last edited:
Hi Shaun,

It seems that something went wrong with the new aero file. Total CL is now 2.73 instead of the intended 1.2 by Guillaume Francois . Did all the new files get packed in the data.acd?
Yes, the overall downforce has increased, and drag decreased, moving both further away than they already were from the provided example data.

Balance is a bit better, though still quite far from the example data given.

laDU2Z8.jpg

Then again, it was released just a few hours before April 1st, maybe the timing was off a little.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have just returned from a well deserved and fantastic break with the wife.

I will spend sometime catching up (messages coming out of my ears, and not just hear, FB as well) and will look at everything you have posted / commented on.

Just to confirm / clarify, I used some files from GF but not all of them, as it made the car to unbalanced, but will catch up with GF shortly.

Thank you for your paitence

Regards

Shaun

There is no issue on your side. :thumbsup:
For an unknown reason the the version 1.2 contains the wrong templates. :O_o:
Sorry for this :unsure:

The right templates are in the version 1.1 or this one:
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/seat-leon-tcr-2018-templates.148496/

Again SORRY for this mistake on our side.

Greets After_Midnight

Thanks for your reply and assistance. Is the plan to eventually have the "missing" section in the parts template (the rear low part - rear grill / whatever it's correct name is!! :)) paintable / able to have a Yokohama license plate or whatever?

Not a major issue and hopefully something that is "fixable" with your expertise. Icing on the cake for me would be that bit.

Thanks again for bringing this mod to us all.

Is the plan to eventually have the "missing" section in the parts template (the rear low part - rear grill / whatever it's correct name is!! :)) paintable / able to have a Yokohama license plate or whatever?

We have had this discusion already intern. I don't really like this big "dead" empty space. Especially as a 2D artist.
My idea was similar to yours. Add some kind of a licence plate holder with a paintable plate in it. Or just the licence plate. :thumbsup:
But this is not in my hand mate because I'm not responsible for the 3D part.

Greets After_Midnight

We have had this discusion already intern. I don't really like this big "dead" empty space. Especially as a 2D artist.
My idea was similar to yours. Add some kind of a licence plate holder with a paintable plate in it. Or just the licence plate. :thumbsup:
But this is not in my hand mate because I'm not responsible for the 3D part.

Greets After_Midnight

Thank you for reply again.

I support your idea then, (hopefully others do too!) and then we can "persuade" your exceptionally talented 3d artist to enhance this superb mod by adding that bit in whenever they can - are they open to bribes??!!.;):););)

Afternoon all,

Well I have some bad news, and also good news. I didn't see this coming, only got contacted today.

All current development work on the Seat Leon TCR is now on hold, but before you all start a petition and hunt me down as an angry mob, I am pleased to announce.....

I got contacted today by Martin Oberg, who offered and wanted to enhance the car. If you don't know who Martin is, he is former 3d artist for Simbin :confused: :thumbsup:

There is currently no time lines, but I can promise you that it WILL BE FREE as like all my mods, as Martin has the same thinking as me.

As soon as more news comes available, I will be the first to share it here. To say I am excited would be an understate me.

Regards

Shaun

@Phil Etty I fully support @After_Midnight idea. Like I posted, I have just got back from some time away with the wife, and trust me, I have messages coming out of my ears, so I am playing catch up.

Once I have caught up, I will approach our 3d artist, and get something done.

Regards

Shaun
Hi Shaun, hope you enjoyed your well deserved break & thanks for replying. I will await future developments eagerly, especially now with the other news. Great work thus far mate. Grab yourself a beer (or 2!!) this weekend and I (like you) am super excited about the news!

Awesome news Mr. C. Top, top stuff already, can only get better too! Great news.

Try and trick Martin into doing several versions of the Seat, but ones that look suspiciously like:

Astra TCR
Golf TCR
Audi TCR
Hyundai TCR
LADA TCR
Peugeot TCR
Honda TCR (FK2 and 8)
Alfa TCR

If you can do that, without him suspecting anything, then that would be just grand :)

Thanks for this fantastic mod. I have one question anyways. Is there maybe to much grip? I just drove the car on Nordschleife in cold weather with slow grip settings, and the cornering speeds are totally crazy. Feels like a modern F1 car to me.

Thanks for this fantastic mod. I have one question anyways. Is there maybe to much grip? I just drove the car on Nordschleife in cold weather with slow grip settings, and the cornering speeds are totally crazy. Feels like a modern F1 car to me.

I also suspect about this but since I am not a physics guy I cannot prove it .

@UnixRoot @Jim Liak you are both correct, as I have now had "real" feedback from the driver. It's not a lot out I have been told. The rear is almost perfect, needs to slide a little more, but this can be adjusted through the ARB. He loves the way the rear wheel "lifts" so the balance is correct, but yes, the front does point like an "arrow".

Now there is no point in spending time on this now, with the news I posted up there, as the 3d model is going to change, so there for the physics will need to change.

But yes, it's not perfect, but it was a perfect starting point, if that makes sense

Shaun

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 110 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing