Seat Leon TCR - 2018

Cars Seat Leon TCR - 2018 V1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Well I can only go on feedback that I get. I was told that V1.2 was more twitchy, wasn't planted to the floor, like the older version, and it felt more natural. This was not just from 1 driver, as loads of drivers use IZONE, and they said it was a massive improvement from the Eurocup Version, which they have used (yes my version) for testing.

What else can I say?

Also, had a IRL TCR driver give feedback here, and he said the same. Not questioning you mate, but if IRL drivers are given me that sort of feedback, what do I do?

Shaun
Sorry to hear about your health. Read through the posts; glad you're on the mend.

A driver once told me that adding rear wing angle gave the car less understeer in real life, which isn't physically possible (for that vehicle). Many drivers have very different ways of "feeling" the car and many have trouble distinguishing what its different components are actually doing. Case in point, your current car has ~2.7 times the downforce of a real TCR car, but none of the drivers who tried noticed...

I posted wind tunnel numbers for another TCR car. I'd say use the data you have available (those numbers) and then tweak the things that are up in the air (e.g. tires) to achieve the correct balance/lap times.

edit: this isn't something subjective like the tires feeling this way or that; there's data and the car doesn't match it. It's actually a good thing as fixing it will lead to the rest of the car being more accurate as well.

Last edited:
I didn't know about your health too, I hope you're fine now!
Looking forward for the next update
Yeah I sort of vanished quickly, but here is the low down and I don't mind sharing. I was ill for a while and got diagnosed with Enyrthrocytosis, which basically means there it to many red blood cells in my body. This can cause clotting, stroke, heart Attack and blood cancer as it becomes sticky, a bit like a bogey you cannot shake from your finger :roflmao: Its hearidatory, I got it from my Grandad. Unfortunately, he passed away from it, but he was a stubborn old git (bless him) and didn't get treated, where I do not inherit his stubbornness so I am on the mend.

I avoided stressful situations for a few months, and had my first race two weeks ago as my BP was 180/114. Normal BP should be 120/80.

They are monitoring me, another blood test next month, with a possible full blood transfusion to reduce the blood count but will wait and see.

So there you have it, like I said I don't mind sharing, I am on the mend.

Regards

Shaun

Shaun Clarke updated Seat Leon TCR - 2018 with a new update entry:

Updated

Hi All,
After a space if illness, I said I would re-visit this, and well here you go. The feedback I got was amazing, so will let you all be the judge.

Here is the Change Log for V1.3

Set the Power and Coast Diff to the correct default values
Diff can now only be adjusted in increments of 15
Diff Preload is now correct and non adjustable.
Steering Ratio corrected and Steering Rod Lenght
Lowered FF Slightly (to much clipping)
Weight set correctly for DSG Model
Slightly adjusted front tyres...

Read the rest of this update entry...

don't know why did you rush on updating the resource, the toe setting now is useless since there's no room for setting adjustment. I pm'd you something to test. The other stuff in the setup seem to be just fine.

Last edited:
Yeah I sort of vanished quickly, but here is the low down and I don't mind sharing. I was ill for a while and got diagnosed with Enyrthrocytosis, which basically means there it to many red blood cells in my body. This can cause clotting, stroke, heart Attack and blood cancer as it becomes sticky, a bit like a bogey you cannot shake from your finger :roflmao: Its hearidatory, I got it from my Grandad. Unfortunately, he passed away from it, but he was a stubborn old git (bless him) and didn't get treated, where I do not inherit his stubbornness so I am on the mend.

I avoided stressful situations for a few months, and had my first race two weeks ago as my BP was 180/114. Normal BP should be 120/80.

They are monitoring me, another blood test next month, with a possible full blood transfusion to reduce the blood count but will wait and see.

So there you have it, like I said I don't mind sharing, I am on the mend.

Regards

Shaun
Thanks for the wonderful mods ....and 'Welcome' back.

"For motorcycle drivers, it's not difficult to drive on four wheels and catch up on the speed and pace" OMEGALUL No ****, Sherlock.. :roflmao:

hey, are these collisions normal?
don't happen with kunos cars and it's really bugging since MP with these kind of cars there's gotta be some door to door banging at some point and you really can't with this car. Also happens with the other Seat. Definitely something wrong somewhere.
just tried other FWD kunos cars and they behave as expected, not flying any weird

hey, are these collisions normal?
don't happen with kunos cars and it's really bugging since MP with these kind of cars there's gotta be some door to door banging at some point and you really can't with this car. Also happens with the other Seat. Definitely something wrong somewhere.
just tried other FWD kunos cars and they behave as expected, not flying any weird

hmm potentially something to do with the colliders settings. I shall take a look later

is it possible to get a change to the logo on the steering wheel? not sure if its the same on monitors, but in VR it is super reflective and while driving I am constantly put off by seeing trees and roadside stuff showing up on the logo on the wheel.

is it possible to maybe just get a file i can put on at my end that would make the logo not reflective?

is it possible to get a change to the logo on the steering wheel? not sure if its the same on monitors, but in VR it is super reflective and while driving I am constantly put off by seeing trees and roadside stuff showing up on the logo on the wheel.

is it possible to maybe just get a file i can put on at my end that would make the logo not reflective?

You're the first one who mentioned this :O_o:
I can try to make it less reflective but in this case you'll loose your online compatibility because its not done by changing a texture. It will be necessary to change shader numbers and this will create a new KN5 file :whistling:

Greets After_Midnight

You're the first one who mentioned this :O_o:
I can try to make it less reflective but in this case you'll loose your online compatibility because its not done by changing a texture. It will be necessary to change shader numbers and this will create a new KN5 file :whistling:

Greets After_Midnight
Not using a proper multimap shader? If so you could make it matte with just a texture.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Prizes

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.1%