That hard stop roller bearing solution is very interesting.
My only question about softening the springs is whether you have turned off your motion system or are just using it for road grade, without texture or bumps etc..

good question

motion is still part of my agenda :) and it will be in future
with the recent dual LFE and super soft spring setup i got unexpected tactile experiences.
so motion is set to min and the travel correlates to real car suspension travel, but limited to motion capabilities.

let me re-explain it with this chart
motion on very high settings can deliver 0,8-0,9g
dual LFE - still with my hard spring setup - around 2g

1688559711389.png

Curbs are a good example - during my last IRL race - Porsche GT3 at RedBullRing - i measured 5-6g when rumbling a curb - especially this effect is impossible to be done by motion - for sure some motion system try to show case, but i did not experience on doing it "right" - not the needed frequency nor the gforce. Tactile can do it - so i use motion to rebuild suspension move when going on the curb - and the high gforce curb rumble is done by tactile.

:)

no didn't see that thought I had seen every page but there is so much info to divulge. Is that a 3d printed part on the rock woods as well??

Thanks for the link for the 3M stuff

such a great weekend - friday

amazing trackday with aprox 100min cockpit time - i love the Dacia - it deliveries a great track experience. Just can recommend everyone to find a raceteam offering this super cheap entry into race track training. The best - i had the chance to race against my son, who was driving one of the other Dacia

Dacia is not powerful at all - but as it is fully FIA certified and running on slick tires you have fun and racing at the same time

IMG_0041.jpg
IMG_0050.jpg
IMG_0098.jpg
IMG_0099.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0102.jpg
IMG_0104.jpg
IMG_0106.jpg
IMG_0111.jpg
IMG_0123.jpg
IMG_0124.jpg

such a great weekend - saturday

on the following day i had a great surprise - i got the invite - due to certain circumstances - to run the coaching car (lead car) for some race car new comers - fans of my blog know my post some time ago. I never thought that in such short timeframe it would be possible to share my track knowledge to others.

going out with my son for some test laps
IMG_0132.jpg

some pro pictures from the lead car follow car stints. I really appreciated this new way of running a racecar. for me just amazing as its follows my motto about sharing knowledge to others.
IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Peter

• Deleted member 1449502

good question

motion is still part of my agenda :) and it will be in future
with the recent dual LFE and super soft spring setup i got unexpected tactile experiences.
so motion is set to min and the travel correlates to real car suspension travel, but limited to motion capabilities.

let me re-explain it with this chart
motion on very high settings can deliver 0,8-0,9g
dual LFE - still with my hard spring setup - around 2g

View attachment 677396

Curbs are a good example - during my last IRL race - Porsche GT3 at RedBullRing - i measured 5-6g when rumbling a curb - especially this effect is impossible to be done by motion - for sure some motion system try to show case, but i did not experience on doing it "right" - not the needed frequency nor the gforce. Tactile can do it - so i use motion to rebuild suspension move when going on the curb - and the high gforce curb rumble is done by tactile.

:)
did you take a g measurement with the softer springs and rollers?

Seriously! What is all this real world racing stuff ;)

It's like they think real life racing is more exciting than a simulation!
its just another hobby - but maybe more costly
i am still not sure what i prefer - going downstairs and starting my rig is so great -
so simple - has so many different faces (cars, tracks, weather, ....)

Last edited:
Dream Rig ?

had the unique chance to help a good friend of mine - race driver - to build his dream rig - for sure this tool is used for track preparation AC and some fun AMS2. In this case it was clear from the first minute that there is no budget limit - which was a very interesting exercise/journey for a DIY guy like myself. So far i did not see that qubic build, hence i like to share some detials with this community.

IMG_7129.JPG

the specs are amazing
Qubic QS-CH2 - SURGE / YAW Plattform - https://qubicsystem.com/product/qs-ch2/
Quibic QS-220-PL - Motion from Qubic - https://qubicsystem.com/product/qs-220-pl/
SC2 Ultimate
Simtag Ashely
Simlab P1-X
OMP HTE-R XL
GV Advanced Tactile Setup (Seat and Pedals)
AOC 32 Zoll triples
Frex H Pattern
BavarianSimTec - ONE

IMG_7142.JPG

small feedback:
- Qubic is outstanding - so far the best motion i drove (beside my SFX) - but is indeed more powerful and faster - in addition there is a nice tactile system integrated
- SC2 Ulti is definitely something i will consider if my PRO will die.
- simtag is still the best - we tested SC AP up and down but finally simtag was the choice of the race driver
- GV advanced setup - nothing to add, such a setup requires GV - and i was happy how great qubic and GV works together
- BavarianTec, amazing steering wheel

IMG_7136.JPG

I hope you like my pictures - running this rig is just amazing - the overall weight is about 350kg - rock solid and the weight is creating the wow effect in each an every motion movement. So far i did not like surge nor yaw - but this build changed my mind.

Peter

IMG_7143.JPG

^^^Very nice build. I still love my D-Box, doubt I'd be swayed by another motion system personally but surge and sway sound interesting and nice low profile platform. How well (solid) do the monitors mounted to the rig handle the motion? My triples (I've had those same AOC ones as well as tighter radius curve Samsung G5) are mounted on a floor stand tucked as close to the rig/wheel as the 1.5" of travel from the D-Box allows. I was always worried about how those small M4 screws and plastic backed housing on consumer monitors would hold up to an agressive motion rig.

Last edited:
depends to the power you set - a max - the monitors will die - but i need to admit that i also will not survive - we are planning to upgrade like Frank did

Hi Peter!
Your rig build continues to impress. It’s hard to keep up ;)

I was wondering, where you soueced your springs from? I have been looking all over for a set of those but without finding the correct specification.

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 57 70.4%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 17 21.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • No 3pa registration pages