some updates - did minor changes but ended into few days of work :)
- new laptimer, now with original buttons and cable connectors
- new righside button box - holding a streamdeck medium, power switches and 9 toggleswitches
- minor update on the handbrake position and mount
enjoy the pictures
View attachment 482692
View attachment 482689View attachment 482690
View attachment 482691
View attachment 482684View attachment 482687
View attachment 482685

back to index
Sorry to reply to such an old post but can you tell me where you got the fan duck insert please. Amazing work mate.

added some new elements - mini CT and mini LFE

pwistudio_gv_setup-pwi-audio_v1.5.png

with the new "softer" setup i was able to reproduce 2,8g at my rig
its just amazing and a great milestone

1696246321268.png

just tuned some settings on my tactile units to get closer to the real data - believe it or not - after 6 month of work i measured the the same g-forces at my rig - to clarify - we are talking about g-forces produced by curbs.

1696257630807.jpeg

• Deleted member 197115

What kind of wheels are those, wondering if they can be used for seat isolation?
I've been using neoprene bobbins with some great results, but could probably use something a little stiffer.
Thanks.
whatsapp-image-2023-07-04-at-20-37-32-jpeg.677242

They ´d probably be great to brace your seat against brake flex when you´re on soft(ish) springs.

Peter and his accomplices have a development in this direction. (the above "softer setup" ;))

long time ago that i made a free to download project
again a stream deck button box - like the KTM GTX/2 cockpit

View attachment 698519
View attachment 698518
View attachment 698521
Looks great, Peter!

Racedriver for one day

a great headline and i think many simracers want to get a racing car experience soon or later. unfortunately prices are rising and its hard to find companies offering free track racing for affordable numbers. being in touch with a racing team since a while, created the idea to invite friends/simracers to a entry level motorsports event. whats happening behind the scenes - how to change a tyres - doing a pitstop - flags, racing line, overtaking and being overtaken by a GT3 - and last but not least, racing a FIA certified racecar. A couple of points you learn if you are behind the wheel and get the chance to help behind the scenes.

on 29.9 i invited 20 friends/simracers to a full trackday at the wunderful pannonia ring in hungary. i got the entire racing team infrastructure - 5 Dacia Logan - 3 KTM XBOW - trailers -tyres - pit tools for my own usage.

Many Thanks to my friends and family - Without their support i would not been able to arrange this day. My son and Brian helped to get the racing cars to hungary and back to austria - sounds easy, but it takes min 6 hours to load the cars - drive them hungary - unload and get back. Bear in mind that i got 2 trailers - and we had 8 cars. some some time needed

1696165166174.jpeg

After some preparation work, intensive car testing and some rest (we had a nice hotel at the track) we started our Daica trackday. I think i shared already some details about the lovley FIA certified Dacia. We had a wonderful late summer day with 25 degrees. I rented 4 pits to have enough place.

IMG_0021.jpg

After some intensive instructions i shared the prepared stintplan with my friends. Some had 2 Dacia stints, some 3 stints and others decided to run 1 Dacia and 1 KTM Stint. Something i saw very often - big smiling faces.

IMG_7352.JPG

On track it was very intensive - always traffic - either together with GT3 cars - or in combination with sportscars. It was about - get your Dacia under control - check your mirror, maybe you will be overtaken - and for sure have a look at your laptimer - i also organised some tools to see the predictive lap time and the delta to your personal best

IMG_0063.jpg

If you think the Dacia is a slow car - you are maybe right - 90bhp are not leading edge - but 800kg, slick tyres and a professional racing suspension delivers the big smile. during the day we had one new lap record after the other. the surrounding racing drivers predicted a personal best of 2:39 for us - but they did not expect that we had some very good simracers with us - so the best laptime was at 2:31 with surprisingly high corner speeds at the same level of other race cars with much better engines.

i really appreciated the entire team spirit - we ran one stint after the other hence we had some hectic times - change drivers, check fuel, check timing, check tire pressure and fix some gravel exists. Every person had a helping hand - maybe its the different style of event - either i buy a seat at a trackday - or i am part of a racing team - imo a different experience.

1696167585285.jpeg

20230929_153301.jpg

2023-10-06_13-46-37.jpg

some GT3 owners offered taxi seats - so my friends got the opportunity to get some fast laps in a brand new 992.1 GT3 - i saw people smiling across the entire day - but after those taxi sessions i saw some different energy - maybe for some guys, who spent there last years behind the 992 sim cockpit, a dream became thru. I did not plan this, but it looks like that the idea of this "lets show motorsports to a broader audience" helped to get such cool benefits.

1696168960613.jpeg

The guys who decided to run the KTM XBOW got the a special coaching. my friend and owner of this racing team lead them across the ring. meaning you have a pace car showing you the braking points, racing line and helps you to get as fast as possible towards your personal best. I think i shared this experience already in my report - as i already offered those coaching's to some friends.

its a different experience for both, the coach and the coachee. just look at the smile of this guy :)

1696167308099.jpeg

Overall it was one of my biggest events with friends (some i organized already) - i spent a lot of time and i gained so much. Friends became motorsports enthusiasts - i saw again that a good simracer can be a fast racedriver - I learned what is needed to organize a trackday and now i see offered trackday prices from a different angle

I would like to close by thanking everyone helping me to get this event done - especially to my friend allowing me to use his cars/ecosystem.

small remark - i made this event on voluntary basis - for my friends and to follow my entire sim vs real mission/vission

1696168649033.jpeg

and a Dacia can overtake much faster cars :)

Last edited:

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 22 78.6%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Standard game content

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No 3pa registration pages