Hello i will try to explain my method of importing tracks from other milestone games here.
So far i managed to put tracks from VR46, MXGP2 and SLRE into Ride2 and now i wanna try to guide you through this process a good as possible.

First you need the tools :
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mixfile-remixer.11107/
this is to unpack and repack the *.mix files we need access to.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mgp-bml-file-editor.10939/
this is to edit the *.bml files which are milestones format of *.xml in the gamedatabase.

What you need do you need to edit and what files do you need from the other game:
data.mix
gfxgem.mix
mixfiles.lst (not needed from other game, but you'll need to edit this file in Ride2)
and of course the *.mix file with the track itself :)

Set up your work space :
Create folders where you wanna unpack all the files from both games seperate.
I just named them "RIDE2" and "VR46" on a empty HDD.
You'll have to write a lot of files while unpacking so better not take a SSD^^

Now lets get to work :
Start ReMixer1 use the "Extract Files" tab and unpack data.mix and gfxgem.mix from both games to the folders you created for them.
Make sure have "Extract all files in mixfile" and "Uncompress packed files" ticked.

After you're done ... it should look like here

Please only extract one track, or you will have problems with repacking later.

We will take Assen2002 as example for this time. This is single layout track, with 4 weather conditions.... multi layout tracks work a bit different.

Now we will borrow something from the other games database:
For our example open the DATA\TRACKS\ folder from both games you extracted the files from. In our case here , we take the folder ASSEN2002 from VR46 and copy it to the other one.
You can take all the folders for every track you're planning to import here... no problem.

So lets get into the bml files:
the first one I always edit is found in >yourmodfolder<\RIDE2\GFXGEM\TRACKS\gfxgem_tracks.bml

you also wanna open the folder we took from VR46 Data section earlier (>yourmodfolder<\RIDE2\DATA\TRACKS\ASSEN2002) and the folder containing your extracted track from VR46 (>yourmodfolder<\VR46\TRACKS\ASSEN2002).

should look a little bit like this ....

as you may notice i already made a copy/paste of Magny_cours_A ...this will be our template to edit.

Now we need to change all the Magny_cours_A and Magny_cours entries ... into Assen2002.
Always double check paths and filenames.
in our example here the Parameter (PhysicsLayer) points to the wrong directory.
the filepath (./) always points to the trackfile-path - while DATA\TRACKS\ always points to the trackfolder inside the database.

This should be your result now - notice how i added 2 more "SceneFile"-entries ?
That will control the weather conditions availible.
In the gfxgem_tracks.bml from VR46, you can learn how to make each weather setting.
Later i am going to explain the different files inside the track and database folder.
But to make it short , what we did here is telling where to find the scenes, AI-line, camera-files, and physical layer you actually drive on.

We also created the so called "GfxGem_TrackEntity_Key" found on top as "key", which will be important for the next file we edit :)

But for now, we're done here and can close the folders ... but keep the gfxgem_tracks.bml open, you'll need the weather-condition/scenefile-combo later.

Next ...
we will edit the following files with bml-editor
DB_GAMEENTITYTRACKS
DB_TRACKBINDINGS
DB_TRACKGROUPS
DB_TRACKS

lets start with DB_GAMEENTITYTRACK.BML ... you will find this in you extracted DATA folder -> subfolder DB\GAMEENTITIES

just grab any entry you like ... no matter which on, this will be our template...since we have 4 weather setting - you need to make 4 new entries...so hit that copy/pasta :)
GfxGem_TrackEntity_Key -> leads to your entry in GFXGEM_TRACKS.BML
Track_Key -> enter whatever you like there but keep a system.
This names will have to match the next files we take care of ;)

The next file edit will be DB_TRACKBINDINGS.BML . You will find it in DATA\DB\ from your extracted RIDE2 files.

Not much to say ... again copy/paste to have a template and make sure "Equivalent Track" to match with the "TrackKey" from the file we edited before.

So the biggest steps are done now :) ... now we need to make the UI recognise, there is a new Track/Location. Open DB_TRACKS.BML from your extracted files found in DATA\DB\

Copy / Paste a track to have a template and give each weather setting a entry here.
I marked to crucial parts.
"Weathercondition_key" only controls the icon that will be shown in track selection
"IdealSettings" might be interesting - this controls what predefined bike setup from the game will bei loaded for the track.

So last BML file we need to edit is DB_TRACKGROUPS -> found in DATA\DB again

not much to do here ... just match the TrackGroup_key with the DB_TRACKS.BML we edited before.

So much for BML / MIXFILE editing ... time to repack our files now :)
Make sure nothing else than "Compress files is ticked" and Mixfile format should be SBK-X/V8.

You now should have a modified "data.mix" and "gfxgem.mix" to put into your Ride2 game folder. Don't forget to copy your track to Ride2 :D

Last step before we get to fine tuning ... find Mixfiles.lst in your Ride2 folder an open it with any texteditor/notepad whatever.
This file controls which mixfiles exist for the game.
So in our case here, we must add "\Tracks\Assen2002.mix" to this list and save.

You are done now... start your game :)

That's it so far .... some tracks like Assen2002 also need some finetuning on the track afterwards to make Particleeffects work (spray in the rain/wet), other tracks like Jerez will have a Ghost-Safety-Car on the track - only workaround i found so far would bei editing the textures

Last edited:
@casual: I was able to get it to work with counter steering by pushing up/forward on the right bar to "fall" into a right turn and vice versa. As long as the game allows you to assign buttons & controls (both Ride 2 and IOM TT allow it) you can get it to work. I'm ordering Moto GP so I'll let you know if it works on that game too. I used to do track days so I'm with you on the need to cs, but without the gyroscopic effect of the front wheel it kind of loses that feel you get on a real bike. Plus when my friends come over to try it they try to steer if like a car's steering wheel and keep crashing because they're counter steering the wrong way, LOL. I'm going to wire up an old PS4 DualShock controller as a basis for a motorcycle sim rig I'm building so I can have foot shifting and braking. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Hi,

Ive been having trouble exporting bike skins in photoshop. When I repack the .mix file after exporting the modded skin from photoshop and run the sim the bike wont show on the screen or run when you load the track.

I tried all the export options or most until I got fed up and left up to getting some advice from a post.
Like if anyone had this trouble and found a solution. I thought a simple DXT3 ARGB like I used for most other skins would work but not it seems for this one.

Anyone that can help would be most appreciated.

Is there any way to stop AI from upgrading their bikes? Say, stock Honda NSR 125 is rated at 135PP, but AI will upgrade it to 170PP on later races. I prefer to race stock vanilla bikes myself and AI becomes too fast on the straights. If I could prevent them from upgrading I could up the difficulty and fight them on in a realistic looking battles, not like now - with easy AI that compensates its abysmal cornering on the straights.

Hi,

First I have to say, wow, what a rush this thing will get for the serious sim racer. Great job.

Second, the bikes sound great. Third the FX sounds not so great. Things like tire or road/tarmac etc. sounds could be better. Unfortunately my reading skills like english falls a bit short. I was hoping that there wasn't a section in the data.mix file after it was unzipped that let you fix the sound fx settings so I had a cause not to find it.

But if there was and someone knew about I would love to know about its location.

I just bought Ride 2 from steam and the game starts perfectly but when i get to the loading screen with the blue swirling circle it never loads...what can i do; im so disappointed,im about to ask for a refund...
linkfilter

Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050ti 4GB
CPU: A10 7870K
RAM: 8GB
http://prntscr.com/k2x41m
And here is a video of me showing my problem:

Last edited:
Ciao a tutti e mi chiamo Federico e ho relaizzato 3 Livree per la Cagiva mito.
Ho realizzato queste livree ispirandomi al campionato SP del 2017 e Ad una vera ufficiale da corsa.
Le livree sono:
Livrea 1 - Michele Prontelli - Ceppa
Livrea 3 - Valentino Rossi 1993
Livrea 6 - Oliviero Danelli
Spero vi piacciano

English Translated :
Hello everyone and my name is Federico and I have relaizzato 3 Livree for the Cagiva MIto.
I made these liveries inspired by the SP championship of 2017 and a Official Racing Bike by Lusuardi Racing.
The liveries are:
Livrea 1 - Michele Prontelli - Ceppa
Livery 3 - Valentino Rossi 1993
Livrea 6 - Oliviero Danelli
I hope you enjoy them
LINK: https://mega.nz/#!Hw8GEYBa!8lq9OVwYQUObP1x2pePDvvCg-pNlILVCG8lkowOHSww

Attachments

• IMG_20180723_180810.jpg
    IMG_20180723_180810.jpg
    519.6 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG-20180712-WA0059.png
    IMG-20180712-WA0059.png
    775.8 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG-20180712-WA0055.png
    IMG-20180712-WA0055.png
    768.2 KB · Views: 286
Hi folks,
just made my first steps in Ride 2. Sadly i can only choose my keyboard as controller. My beloved Thrustmaster T150 Steering Wheel wont get identified.

Iam not sad about that... the tears in my eyes?... just the wind... But i ask you if there is a way to play ride 2 with the famous T150???

I want the TT Isle of Man game but it's still quite high priced. Ride 2 is currently 75% off on Steam, so i'm rubbing the chin. I never played the first Ride or any motorbike games really.

Going by the Steam store page, Ride 3 has sweet looking night tracks which I find hard to resist ha :)

Ride 2 now? TT when I have more money? Wait for Ride 3.

TT IOM and RIDE2 are quite different games.
I feel both are absolutely valid for gamers who love motorcycles, and both are better enjoyed with analog steering+throttle+brakes (they feel best with Xbox360 and XboxOne gamepad controlers, IMHO).

TT IOM is an absolute thrill.... when things go right.
The Isle of Man road course is the real thing, a monster of a track, absolutely freakin amazing balls(!). The other tracks are good too. You do have to feel some interest in the type of road-racing being recreated, otherwise you may miss the point.
The SuperSport bikes (600cc class) somehow deliver, IMHO, some of the best immersion I've ever got from a motocycle game, of any variant, of any platform. For me, only GPBikes can surpass it there (but this one is even harder, and has no single-player)
IMO, some physics issues exist and occur sometimes at random. Seeing no fix for it (official or from modders), made my initial lust for the game eventually cool down, a lot.
The single-player is also a bit "meh". It is challenging, and it can feel very rewarding, but the overall experience can be frustrating for a newcomer and, in the end, the whole thing is not as polished when compared to what you can get from other bigger name racing games.

RIDE2 is a totally different game. It's the celebration of road/sport bikes culture. Like a Forza/Gran-Turismo but with bikes, the best of its kind too.... and I think this says it all.
So many bikes to choose, so many categories and competicions, where you can fit your bike choice (and plenty aftermarket parts to add on each bike), you can then tune the bikes, get different performances within same bike, to get different experiences and challenges against the other riders in the various competicions. Especially with lower capacity bikes, it's fun!
IMO, it's less "hardcore" (much easier) but it too can be very immersive... while I never got the same sense of challenge and achievement, it is a LOT more polished, and certainly a more complete gaming experience, no doubt.

TT IOM at 27,99€ (30% discount) can be worth a look, especially if you're interested in the race events that the game atempts to recreate. The problem is, although there's great potential in it, there are some very rough edges and the developers seem to have abandoned further development and fixes (they seem to have left it "as is"?).

RIDE2 at 12.49€ (70% discount) is absolutely worth getting, no doubt.
The trick behind the deal is, of course, you don't get the separate DLC packs (some aren't free).
Yes, you may ignore the paid DLC packs (but do get the free ones), as the "vanilla" game will deliver many, many hours of fun (if you like the genre), and it will certainly work as well as a sort of "Demo" for RIDE3 (more of the same, expected to be better).

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back