Hello i will try to explain my method of importing tracks from other milestone games here.
So far i managed to put tracks from VR46, MXGP2 and SLRE into Ride2 and now i wanna try to guide you through this process a good as possible.

First you need the tools :
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mixfile-remixer.11107/
this is to unpack and repack the *.mix files we need access to.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/mgp-bml-file-editor.10939/
this is to edit the *.bml files which are milestones format of *.xml in the gamedatabase.

What you need do you need to edit and what files do you need from the other game:
data.mix
gfxgem.mix
mixfiles.lst (not needed from other game, but you'll need to edit this file in Ride2)
and of course the *.mix file with the track itself :)

Set up your work space :
Create folders where you wanna unpack all the files from both games seperate.
I just named them "RIDE2" and "VR46" on a empty HDD.
You'll have to write a lot of files while unpacking so better not take a SSD^^

Now lets get to work :
Start ReMixer1 use the "Extract Files" tab and unpack data.mix and gfxgem.mix from both games to the folders you created for them.
Make sure have "Extract all files in mixfile" and "Uncompress packed files" ticked.

After you're done ... it should look like here

Please only extract one track, or you will have problems with repacking later.

We will take Assen2002 as example for this time. This is single layout track, with 4 weather conditions.... multi layout tracks work a bit different.

Now we will borrow something from the other games database:
For our example open the DATA\TRACKS\ folder from both games you extracted the files from. In our case here , we take the folder ASSEN2002 from VR46 and copy it to the other one.
You can take all the folders for every track you're planning to import here... no problem.

So lets get into the bml files:
the first one I always edit is found in >yourmodfolder<\RIDE2\GFXGEM\TRACKS\gfxgem_tracks.bml

you also wanna open the folder we took from VR46 Data section earlier (>yourmodfolder<\RIDE2\DATA\TRACKS\ASSEN2002) and the folder containing your extracted track from VR46 (>yourmodfolder<\VR46\TRACKS\ASSEN2002).

should look a little bit like this ....

as you may notice i already made a copy/paste of Magny_cours_A ...this will be our template to edit.

Now we need to change all the Magny_cours_A and Magny_cours entries ... into Assen2002.
Always double check paths and filenames.
in our example here the Parameter (PhysicsLayer) points to the wrong directory.
the filepath (./) always points to the trackfile-path - while DATA\TRACKS\ always points to the trackfolder inside the database.

This should be your result now - notice how i added 2 more "SceneFile"-entries ?
That will control the weather conditions availible.
In the gfxgem_tracks.bml from VR46, you can learn how to make each weather setting.
Later i am going to explain the different files inside the track and database folder.
But to make it short , what we did here is telling where to find the scenes, AI-line, camera-files, and physical layer you actually drive on.

We also created the so called "GfxGem_TrackEntity_Key" found on top as "key", which will be important for the next file we edit :)

But for now, we're done here and can close the folders ... but keep the gfxgem_tracks.bml open, you'll need the weather-condition/scenefile-combo later.

Next ...
we will edit the following files with bml-editor
DB_GAMEENTITYTRACKS
DB_TRACKBINDINGS
DB_TRACKGROUPS
DB_TRACKS

lets start with DB_GAMEENTITYTRACK.BML ... you will find this in you extracted DATA folder -> subfolder DB\GAMEENTITIES

just grab any entry you like ... no matter which on, this will be our template...since we have 4 weather setting - you need to make 4 new entries...so hit that copy/pasta :)
GfxGem_TrackEntity_Key -> leads to your entry in GFXGEM_TRACKS.BML
Track_Key -> enter whatever you like there but keep a system.
This names will have to match the next files we take care of ;)

The next file edit will be DB_TRACKBINDINGS.BML . You will find it in DATA\DB\ from your extracted RIDE2 files.

Not much to say ... again copy/paste to have a template and make sure "Equivalent Track" to match with the "TrackKey" from the file we edited before.

So the biggest steps are done now :) ... now we need to make the UI recognise, there is a new Track/Location. Open DB_TRACKS.BML from your extracted files found in DATA\DB\

Copy / Paste a track to have a template and give each weather setting a entry here.
I marked to crucial parts.
"Weathercondition_key" only controls the icon that will be shown in track selection
"IdealSettings" might be interesting - this controls what predefined bike setup from the game will bei loaded for the track.

So last BML file we need to edit is DB_TRACKGROUPS -> found in DATA\DB again

not much to do here ... just match the TrackGroup_key with the DB_TRACKS.BML we edited before.

So much for BML / MIXFILE editing ... time to repack our files now :)
Make sure nothing else than "Compress files is ticked" and Mixfile format should be SBK-X/V8.

You now should have a modified "data.mix" and "gfxgem.mix" to put into your Ride2 game folder. Don't forget to copy your track to Ride2 :D

Last step before we get to fine tuning ... find Mixfiles.lst in your Ride2 folder an open it with any texteditor/notepad whatever.
This file controls which mixfiles exist for the game.
So in our case here, we must add "\Tracks\Assen2002.mix" to this list and save.

You are done now... start your game :)

That's it so far .... some tracks like Assen2002 also need some finetuning on the track afterwards to make Particleeffects work (spray in the rain/wet), other tracks like Jerez will have a Ghost-Safety-Car on the track - only workaround i found so far would bei editing the textures

Last edited:
some tracks are still a mystery :( ... i just took some SLRE tracks, but one of them is giving me the same troubles as Losail from VR46 ... Pink Screen of Doom

i blame milestones messed up database/filesystem^^ ... for SLRE tracks for example , you need to do one thing different in DB_TRACKBINDINGS.BML ... at "EquivalentTrack" you must enter the scenefilename without the *.scn ending , instead of the TrackKey.
Didn't try that approach on Losail yet, but at least it made Mexico and Alsace from SLRE work, while LA Rally Cross give me pink screen of doom whatever I try:redface:

Last edited:
DLC_Kalender.jpg

source : http://www.speedmaniacs.com/News,RIDE-2-DLC-Roadmap-und-Limited-Edition-Bikes-Pack-am-Start,8619

Hi Rez!
Must be something that i missed in your description because no matter what i do, i cant get Motegi from VR46 to work :-( becomes Pink Screen Of Doom

Please if possible, could you try it out yourself and see if you manage to make it work?

Hello everybody!
I know alot of people enjoy the game as it is, but for me and many others, the game feels unfinished and needs to be tweaked for an ultimate experiance!

I thought we all could share our modifications with eachothers! Maybe we can learn from eachother to!

Ill start by showing of my crazy mods (more to come)

YZF1000cc Supermoto

Mega BACKFLIP at Monza From VR46

Rs250 tuned to make 110hp@22.000 RPM

Please share your mods!

Hey guys, I have bought several MotoGP games, as I am a huge fan.

I have played RIDE too, but the AI ruined the experience.

There is no demo for RIDE 2, so I was wondering what you guys honestly think of it

So far i really like it... the carreer is a bit bland, compared to motogp - its more like gran turismo career - grind money , buy/tune your bike/gear etc.

Bike selection is great , handling is fun..can't say much about the AI, but i like the fact that they don't bunch up like in VR46, where even motogp class behaves like 125ccm.
btw. from spying the database of the game - i can predict a demo version incoming:D

So far i really like it... the carreer is a bit bland, compared to motogp - its more like gran turismo career - grind money , buy/tune your bike/gear etc.

Bike selection is great , handling is fun..can't say much about the AI, but i like the fact that they don't bunch up like in VR46, where even motogp class behaves like 125ccm.
btw. from spying the database of the game - i can predict a demo version incoming:D
They are not going to provide a DEMO
They use the same game base since MotoGP13 (14,15, RIDE 1, VRTG) most of them had a demo, there must be some game files left

hm, i guess we can add Sepang also to the "pink-screen" list ...tried all 3 variants of track-import i developed so far - no success :( i was really hoping after i got Sanremo working, this would also do the job on Losail, but it doesn't.

Can you tell me the .dds locations for the bike skins? I can make up some good skins if i could find them! any help would be great. I don't need to know how to do it, just locations! thanks!!

BTW Great mods! first one is so funny! so fast! haha

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 360 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing