rFactor 2 | New Build Update And First Competition System Blog Posting

M D Gourley

Premium
New Zealand
EUREKA :confused::confused::geek::inlove:, it's here in all it's glory, Jim Pearson's 'Isle of Man Mountain Course' for rFactor 2, converted to rF2 by S.Victor(Xiang) with assistance from Corti(Andres) with permission from Jim Pearson. You can read all about it in the rFactor 2 Workshop. ;):)
Wanted a modern car to drive...why...because I can :cool: :) and it did not disappoint,

0RFACT~1.JPG
1RFACT~1.JPG
3RFACT~1.JPG
4RFACT~1.JPG
5 rFACTOR 2 ISLE of MAN by JIM PEARSON CADILLAC DPI copy.jpg
9BRFAC~1.JPG
9CRFAC~1.JPG

Last edited:
Woah, they really improved the performance of the track since I last played it in VR. It used the chug a bit through a couple of the villages (with just me on track), but seems smooth as now. Nothing quite barrelling through the "British" countryside at full blast to get the adrenaline pumping.

lol. so, thought I would take a look at the competition service that for all intents and purposes should mimic the equivalents of RRE ranked / ACC setup.

OHHHHH NO
Wait, I have to purchase all content to join???? WTF is that about, I do not want to race the missing car that's not in my library.

Honestly, RF2 is a total farce, forcing you to purchase content, even if you have no intention of racing it.

Joke
You can take part in the Tatuus series, which only consists of free content. Marcel has said there will be a balance between free and paid content options in the competition system so you will always have the option to race without buying extra content.

I love the fact they're now finally releasing cars with properly finished interiors. Love driving the P217 in VR, way better than the Oreca 07 where the interior feels like a thrown together AC mod with a cardboard steering wheel. They should upgrade the 07 and DPi-V.R with the P217 steering wheel for a start, makes the VR experience way more enjoyable and immersive.

You can take part in the Tatuus series, which only consists of free content. Marcel has said there will be a balance between free and paid content options in the competition system so you will always have the option to race without buying extra content.

Agreed - but it's a flaw in the way it's been rolled out - it does not work like this elsewhere across the sim racing platforms.

Lol imagine if iRacing adopted similar approach, you would be bankrupt!

Needs fixing, end of.

Last edited:
Agreed - but it's a flaw in the way it's been rolled out - it does not work like this elsewhere across the sim racing platforms.

Needs fixing, end of.

It's a "flaw" of the Packaging System developed by the predecessors ISI, for S397 to change it would take a monumental amount of work & time, so chances of this happening any time soon are extremely thin.
As above there will be Free Content Comps, so best thing to do is to keep en eye on the Bundles especially during Steam Sales and see if they then become cheap enough for you to consider.

Also as per your previous post comparing to RRE & ACC, this RF2 System is clearly still in Beta, just like RaceRooms was a year ago. If you're expecting the same right now then you're very wide of the mark and perhaps need to come back later in the year, the first page Blog clearly describes what to expect in the near future :)

For me this suffers the same fate as ACC in VR....it looks crap compared to AMS, AC with mods and even Raceroom (found I could ramp up SS to 200% with no real performance hit)

Those IOM shots look great in flatscreen but it looks distinctly 'cardboardy' to me in VR. By that if you ever saw one of The Hobbit films in HFR it looked like the school play rather with cardboard sets than the filmic look your normally get. Maybe it looks ok on a Pimax and a 3090.

Needs fixing, end of.
if it gets fixed, you would have a different price model, the system is currently set up, with packages and inexpensive cars to compensate this issue, its a a lose - lose situation in a way, either its a must to have all to be able to use the system, or have the ability to choose only one but pay more than certain packs cost atm

Leynad777

Premium
Germany
I was watching Michi Hoyer today driving "Formula E"-car in rF2 while watching real onboards on another window. I was just shocked how absurd this 'car' handles compare to the real ones:confused:
:eek:

In rF2 they all have 2 gears and you have to use them all the time, while in the real world they are all single-speed only since 2019
o_O
or so:redface:. They did this virtual Formula E races in rF2 and Daniel Abt was asking sim-racers how to drive with the rF2-car
:D
:notworthy:. This should tell enough how authentic it is in rF2.

S397 didn't change anything yet, but promised a big update in early September while still waiting:whistling:
:whistle:
Now they are running 100k Euro competition with this total joke of a car which is still running two gears. I would say the Formula E car in pCars 3 has better physics than this running joke of a car in rF2. Certainly the AC mod should be better according to Abt
;)
:sneaky:

I was watching Michi Hoyer today driving "Formula E"-car in rF2 while watching real onboards on another window. I was just shocked how absurd this 'car' handles compare to the real ones:confused:
:eek:

In rF2 they all have 2 gears and you have to use them all the time, while in the real world they are all single-speed only since 2019
o_O
or so:redface:. They did this virtual Formula E races in rF2 and Daniel Abt was asking sim-racers how to drive with the rF2-car
:D
:notworthy:. This should tell enough how authentic it is in rF2.

S397 didn't change anything yet, but promised a big update in early September while still waiting:whistling:
:whistle:
Now they are running 100k Euro competition with this total joke of a car which is still running two gears. I would say the Formula E car in pCars 3 has better physics than this running joke of a car in rF2. Certainly the AC mod should be better according to Abt
;)
:sneaky:
Is FE a limited audience though? Personally prefer efforts were made elsewhere :)