Reiza Set to Release AMS Themed rF2 DLC...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza Bundle 3.jpg

rF2 Reiza Bundle 1.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 2.jpg rf2 Reiza Bundle 4.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 6.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 7.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 8.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 9.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 10.jpg
Reiza Studios, the developers behind the excellent AMS, have teased a new DLC pack coming to rF2 soon.. adding some of the excellent content from Automobilista to the Studio 397 simulation...

We had a sneaky teaser image reveal on social media in recent weeks that left many to wonder if the yet to be announced sequel to Automobilista would be based on the rFactor 2 game engine, and all the physics goodness that that implies, however it has now become clear that rather than relating to a totally new title, that teaser image was to do with an upcoming new DLC pack for rFactor 2.. featuring Reiza cars and circuits made famous by AMS in recent years.

No doubt visually upgraded to meet the new rFactor 2 standards, and taking advantage of the tech behind rF2 such as time of day, weather, real road, advanced tyre models and of course VR, this is one very interesting development and will act as a very positive boost for rF2 players looking for more quality content for the simulation.

No firm details have yet been revealed about what exactly will be contained in the upcoming DLC, although several images from the pack have been released giving us at least some idea of the types of things we can expect to see..

It is not thought that this DLC partnership will have any effect on plans for a sequel to AMS, as this is still underdevelopment at Reiza HQ.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you happy to hear of a Reiza DLC pack coming to rFactor 2? Which cars / tracks would you like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below..!

Last edited:
'Different experiences' will still boil-down to being subjective outside of a full-motion rig & DD. If one car turns a plastic-toy steering-wheel 15 degrees and the other car does 18, no matter how much you think you are Senna, you won't tell the difference in real-time while mid-corner, 'chasing an apex' or 'pointing an exit'. We are gamers, we are not professional drivers.
My point is if the general end-user can get whatever type of driving-experience they are after, be it low-power/low-grip or mid-power/high-grip or whatever, with content already available in one sim, the appeal to acquire more of 'the same' in another sim isn't exactly the strongest to me. Why buy the McLaren GT3 across 4-5 games?, Why buy Spa 4 times over?, it hits a point of wash/rinse/repeat... It's like Madden or Call of Duty where its just the same thing over and over each 'new' release, just with a new paint-job - yet still asking full-price.
Offering the same experience, with slightly different numbers behind-the-sim just isn't an effective sale to me, and that's just me personally - others are free to and will support it either way for another 'honeymoon period' before moving on to 'the next thing'.

Sorry if I sound like Emptybox or that PRC guy for just thinking logically. :sleep:

What I'd really like to see come of this is more Formula cars and Formula-ready tracks in rF2, as that kind of content is what really lets rF2 flex it's muscle, especially with the tire model it has - considering how influential tires are in F1 suspensions. Imagine having official Formula car-content before and past 2012 Formula 1, imagine more than just Silverstone or Interlagos or not-Suzuka for racing F1, that appeal is strong, that forward movement is what interests me in regards to where rF2 fits in my sim-racing library.

As for why people think Reiza hasn't progress with their own stuff - I would take a look to the radio silence that's been present outside of Reiza51. We've learned and seen more of ACC than Reiza17 lately, and I'd have to say that's a contributing factor to such thoughts, but that's just my 2 cents, I'll get off the soap-box now. :whistling:

Well... you didnt see anything about ACC for more than a year (watch the interviews when they talk about how long they've been working on ACC) while they were porting stuff to UE4 and learning how to deal with the code of that engine, in fact they didnt tell anything about what they were doing till they had something to show. Why you think you'll see anything from Reiza in this short time? It's already a good thing they told they are working on the next project, they could just do like Kunos and appear with a new title "out of nowhere".
Insert that meme "Not sure if trolling or.." here lol

Last edited:
'Different experiences' will still boil-down to being subjective outside of a full-motion rig & DD. If one car turns a plastic-toy steering-wheel 15 degrees and the other car does 18, no matter how much you think you are Senna, you won't tell the difference in real-time while mid-corner, 'chasing an apex' or 'pointing an exit'. We are gamers, we are not professional drivers.
My point is if the general end-user can get whatever type of driving-experience they are after, be it low-power/low-grip or mid-power/high-grip or whatever, with content already available in one sim, the appeal to acquire more of 'the same' in another sim isn't exactly the strongest to me. Why buy the McLaren GT3 across 4-5 games?, Why buy Spa 4 times over?, it hits a point of wash/rinse/repeat... It's like Madden or Call of Duty where its just the same thing over and over each 'new' release, just with a new paint-job - yet still asking full-price.
Offering the same experience, with slightly different numbers behind-the-sim just isn't an effective sale to me, and that's just me personally - others are free to and will support it either way for another 'honeymoon period' before moving on to 'the next thing'.

Sorry if I sound like Emptybox or that PRC guy for just thinking logically. :sleep:

What I'd really like to see come of this is more Formula cars and Formula-ready tracks in rF2, as that kind of content is what really lets rF2 flex it's muscle, especially with the tire model it has - considering how influential tires are in F1 suspensions. Imagine having official Formula car-content before and past 2012 Formula 1, imagine more than just Silverstone or Interlagos or not-Suzuka for racing F1, that appeal is strong, that forward movement is what interests me in regards to where rF2 fits in my sim-racing library.

As for why people think Reiza hasn't progress with their own stuff - I would take a look to the radio silence that's been present outside of Reiza51. We've learned and seen more of ACC than Reiza17 lately, and I'd have to say that's a contributing factor to such thoughts, but that's just my 2 cents, I'll get off the soap-box now. :whistling:
Oh dont worry you dont sound too logical ;)
You can feel difference between cars in same class not mentioning between GT3 and LMP or car with pure mechanical grip vs low aero grip .. If you dont than you have lower standards than some of us or devs did something wrong but it for sure makes you save money for DLCs and content :)
I either wanna drive that car or dont .. doesnt matter if it is similiar to other car I have ..
If I invite you to track and put you in Golf GTI and than offer you ride in Focus RS and Type R you will tell me "Oh no thanks, I just drove in medium sized sporty hatchback. Have a nice days" ? :)

Last edited:
Well... you didnt see anything about ACC for more than a year (watch the interviews when they talk about how long they've been working on ACC) while they were porting stuff to UE4 and learning...

'Kay, but.. it's 2018, Reiza17 was eluded to as early as the beginning of their fund-raising campaign on Indiegogo circa... 2015, as 'a new sim'. I'll give you the remaining half of 2015 (campaign was funded July 26th 2105) and a good chunk of 2016 for everything that became AMS. But 'Summer 2016' to now - Summer 2018 is still 2 years. I'd like to think Reiza are just as competent and staffed as Kunos, so why haven't we heard or seen a thing about it? Something should be presentable by now for Reiza17 going by such a time-frame.

Oh dont worry you dont sound too logical ;)
You can feel difference between cars in same class not mentioning between GT3 and LMP or car with pure mechanical grip vs low aero grip .. If you dont than you have lower standards than some of us or devs did something wrong but it for sure makes you save money for DLCs and content :)
I either wanna drive that car or dont .. doesnt matter if it is similiar to other car I have ..
If I invite you to track and put you in Golf GTI and than offer you ride in Focus RS and Type R you will tell me "Oh no thanks, I just drove in medium sized sporty hatchback. Have a nice days" ? :)

Did I say a difference between 2 different cars?, or car in 2 different sims? Re-read the post, I don't see me saying 'bah the Skip Barber and F.Vee handle the same', I see me asking 'why buy the F.Vee again in a different sim?, which already has something like the S.B.?'
And you can invite me out, pay for everything and cover my work and I'll gladly come out, but we can skip the Golf GTI and Type R, I've rode along in a GTI thanks to a nice Englishman named Franklin I met at my first trackday in 2013, and I've actually built something faster than a Type R, see below.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/mcluvins-project-racecar-05-03-15-update.287773/

And yes, FWD is FWD is FWD - you can change it with tires and power, but ultimately it's still going to be a FWD hatchback through the steering wheel. It's very much that 'seen one, seen them all' idiom - especially with the rise of electric power-steering in affordable modern cars.

F-Vee - Skip Barber
AJR Metalmoro - Radical GT3
MCR 2000 - USF2000
:unsure:
If this is what's coming in the dlc with 1-2 Brazil tracks, I can't say I'm super excited personally - I'm not putting the idea down here, just saying it's not my cup of tea.
If we eventually see all the Formula 1 cars, Brands Hatch, RBR, and totally-not-Suzuka, at a very low price for Reiza51 members (seeing we've already payed for them essentially), then I can get hyped. Otherwise I'm just not interested in paying again for cars/tracks I already have.

Why would you want the Kansai track from AMS ported to rF2? The Suzuka version from Woochoo (Matrsusaka) is one of the most detailed and well executed tracks within rF2, especialy for night racing. Go grab it from the workshop, if you haven't allready ;)

Why would you want the Kansai track from AMS ported to rF2? The Suzuka version from Woochoo (Matrsusaka) is one of the most detailed and well executed tracks within rF2, especialy for night racing. Go grab it from the workshop, if you haven't allready ;)

Because I forgot about Matsusaka or w/e it's called, that one's on me. :laugh:

Edit* Again, this goes to show why rF2 needs more interesting Formula content, had I played it more often with content of interest, I would've remembered. :roflmao:

'Kay, but.. it's 2018, Reiza17 was eluded to as early as the beginning of their fund-raising campaign on Indiegogo circa... 2015, as 'a new sim'. I'll give you the remaining half of 2015 (campaign was funded July 26th 2105) and a good chunk of 2016 for everything that became AMS. But 'Summer 2016' to now - Summer 2018 is still 2 years. I'd like to think Reiza are just as competent and staffed as Kunos, so why haven't we heard or seen a thing about it? Something should be presentable by now for Reiza17 going by such a time-frame.
AMS development finished just a few months ago.
You are comparing a studio with like 5 people with Kunos that just had a publisher buying his company for 5 milions plus all the money injection into the titles that come with it.
Nonsense, pure nonsese.

AMS development finished just a few months ago.
You are comparing a studio with like 5 people with Kunos that just had a publisher buying his company for 5 milions plus all the money injection into the titles that come with it.
Nonsense, pure nonsese.

"A few months ago" still puts us within 2018, leaving a lot of 2017, one year-ish, for co-development work on Reiza17 which, didn't you say, is what Kunos was doing? - i.e. "they talk about how long they've been working on ACC while they were porting stuff to UE4"
Maybe we're on the cusp of 'the big announcement', maybe people are forgetting about Reiza's games after waiting so long. Either way something's gotta give soon.

"A few months ago" still puts us within 2018, leaving a lot of 2017, one year-ish, for co-development work on Reiza17 which, didn't you say, is what Kunos was doing? - i.e. "they talk about how long they've been working on ACC while they were porting stuff to UE4"
Maybe we're on the cusp of 'the big announcement', maybe people are forgetting about Reiza's games after waiting so long. Either way something's gotta give soon.
We will have news soon as stated by devs on Reiza forums...please guys you aren't part of a dev team or if you are not the Reiza one so I doubt you know what is happening and Reiza is a well know team not only for their work but even for communication...we also know what their silence means, every time they go silent something big is incoming...basically is the only dev team able to tease user base with silence, because we know they are working and not ignoring us...

Again, you are missing the base-point that is the origin of all this - that being "why would I want to buy the F.Vee from AMS, to use in rF2, when I already have it in AMS?"

You could argue (rF2 benefits) over (AMS benefits), and I would ask "Why not use globally more popular content such as (newer than 2012 F1 car), versus a lesser-known car/class such as F.Vee?" - Something that would really boost DLC sales, much in the way the Formula V10 boosted the Indiegogo funding.
But as I'm typing this, I'm also brought to question how Reiza would approach the whole 'no hybrid code' in rF2 for Formula cars from 2014 and beyond, among other things such as aero with rF2's engine... so I might as well just take Dave's advice and wait it out, there are other sims to play in the meantime.

But as I'm typing this, I'm also brought to question how Reiza would approach the whole 'no hybrid code' in rF2 for Formula cars from 2014 and beyond, among other things such as aero with rF2's engine...
I will not be surprised if they develop it lol, as serious note...rF2 code have great potential, do you know you can simulate wind and effect track objects and car too?
But for some obscure reason that was never used...
I think Reiza guys will squeeze the max from that engine and S397 will benefit of this too and vice versa of course.
About buying the same car in two "titles" from the same developer, I understand your point but let's see this DLC like a taste of what we will expect from Reiza in the future and a way to fill with some content rF2...
rF2 phisycs is different from rF one so I will expect to have the same instant feeling while racing with Fvee from AMS and discover some later surprise in handling due the rF2 tyre model and body flex...

But as I'm typing this, I'm also brought to question how Reiza would approach the whole 'no hybrid code' in rF2 for Formula cars from 2014 and beyond, among other things such as aero with rF2's engine... so I might as well just take Dave's advice and wait it out, there are other sims to play in the meantime.

I don't think they will use the entire rF2 engine, but that's just my guess. Firstly I don't think S397 would be willing to sell the entire rF2 code to a competitor when they just bought it from ISI less than two years ago. It makes little sense to me that two games would be using exactly the same base to develop on. All we have seen is one screenshot from Reiza which shows rF2-like graphics, so I guess they made a deal to obtain the updated DX11 graphics part of the engine. Everything else is just speculation.

I think you'll find ISI own the Engine Code rights, S397 merely got an agreement to "carry on" the RF2 development as they see fit but the bare bones still belongs to ISI. Therefore Reiza - *if* they have licensed the engine (still not confirmed yet) - will be acquiring the Engine from ISI not S397.

Mehh, don't know how I feel about this.

I love Reiza physics, but I feel like with S397/ rF2 physics the cars won't have the same unique feeling they do in AMS. Would only consider for rain, but I've personally not been very impressed with rF2 rain - it's bugged apart from anything else.
rF2 is also missing many features that AMS has e.g. championships, 2 races. You can make a custom championship in 2 minutes in AMS, something you can't in rF2.

Think I'll wait for Reiza's next title personally and give directly to Reiza.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 23.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 19 20.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 6.4%