Reiza Set to Release AMS Themed rF2 DLC...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza Bundle 3.jpg

rF2 Reiza Bundle 1.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 2.jpg rf2 Reiza Bundle 4.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 6.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 7.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 8.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 9.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 10.jpg
Reiza Studios, the developers behind the excellent AMS, have teased a new DLC pack coming to rF2 soon.. adding some of the excellent content from Automobilista to the Studio 397 simulation...

We had a sneaky teaser image reveal on social media in recent weeks that left many to wonder if the yet to be announced sequel to Automobilista would be based on the rFactor 2 game engine, and all the physics goodness that that implies, however it has now become clear that rather than relating to a totally new title, that teaser image was to do with an upcoming new DLC pack for rFactor 2.. featuring Reiza cars and circuits made famous by AMS in recent years.

No doubt visually upgraded to meet the new rFactor 2 standards, and taking advantage of the tech behind rF2 such as time of day, weather, real road, advanced tyre models and of course VR, this is one very interesting development and will act as a very positive boost for rF2 players looking for more quality content for the simulation.

No firm details have yet been revealed about what exactly will be contained in the upcoming DLC, although several images from the pack have been released giving us at least some idea of the types of things we can expect to see..

It is not thought that this DLC partnership will have any effect on plans for a sequel to AMS, as this is still underdevelopment at Reiza HQ.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you happy to hear of a Reiza DLC pack coming to rFactor 2? Which cars / tracks would you like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below..!

Last edited:
That would be interesting if Reiza took the helm of content production, so 397 Studios would be free to expedite the engine development.
I’m a long time believer in my own theory a merge between Reiza and S397 will creat a real strong combo to become the defacto standard in physics. Simce Reiza members helped with GTE content and probably even more gives me hope.

is it safe to say? I kind of hope not .. I wouldnt mind physics. Eventough I realize more complex tyre model I dont think it is that massive change for 'end user' (rain and nonscripted dynamic road of course make a change).
But moving from AMS graphics to rF2 Dx11 graphics is not something I`d like to see .. with exception of replays (DOF helps a lot) I woulnd say rF2 looks better. Id preffer them to step up to something more modern (or 'next gen' if you will) ...

Than there is the rF1 engine licencing, all the work they put into it and magic they can do with that engine.

I understand you, but... i think that now they already have a test run putting their stuff into RF2 it's gonna be way too convenient for them to step away from.

But moving from AMS graphics to rF2 Dx11 graphics is not something I`d like to see .. with exception of replays (DOF helps a lot) I woulnd say rF2 looks better. Id preffer them to step up to something more modern (or 'next gen' if you will) ...

That's kind of what I'm saying, and I agree with you, I much prefer the look of AMS, on triples at least, it's still a beautiful game, way nicer than rF2 which really suffers from incredibly bland presentation that at worst doesn't give you any real sense of moving from circuit to circuit, let alone continent to continent. AMS had a real sense of identity. So can they add what's desperately needed to the rF2 engine as it stands - some art direction, and a bit of magic dust

I think it's unrealistic to expect them to move to a new engine, there are two many outweighing advantages to continuing to collaborate with 397. I'd love to see them take the rF2 engine to the next level, as they did with rF1 - there's huge scope to do that

from 397 perspective .. you gave Reiza you new engine, they will probably (most likely) make better sim than you do, why would anybody play rF2 after that? Unless they make deal that all improvements to engine made by Reiza belongs to 397, Reizas game will not be officialy moddable (not that it matters since you have tools, manuals and resources for rF2)..

with rF1 engine it made sense to let it be licenced.

I guess better to wait than speculate ... in most scenarios players will profit anyway :)

The legend that is Reiza Studios continues....as they started out doing mods for rF1 to, i suppose to get a handle on the software etc and they knocked it out of the park with their 'Automobilista' title...they are now starting again on rF2...baby steps forward to future Awesomeness...lol
Well it just makes sense, let's say they are working on the coding part of AMS 2, porting the AMS base (physics and features) to the next title, physic and art people have nothing to do then for now, selling stuff in rF2 keeps them paid and busy I guess

Well it just makes sense, let's say they are working on the coding part of AMS 2, porting the AMS base (physics and features) to the next title, physic and art people have nothing to do then for now, selling stuff in rF2 keeps them paid and busy I guess
well physics and art people are hopefully about to finnish last DLC :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.1%