Reiza Set to Release AMS Themed rF2 DLC...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza Bundle 3.jpg

rF2 Reiza Bundle 1.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 2.jpg rf2 Reiza Bundle 4.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 6.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 7.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 8.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 9.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 10.jpg
Reiza Studios, the developers behind the excellent AMS, have teased a new DLC pack coming to rF2 soon.. adding some of the excellent content from Automobilista to the Studio 397 simulation...

We had a sneaky teaser image reveal on social media in recent weeks that left many to wonder if the yet to be announced sequel to Automobilista would be based on the rFactor 2 game engine, and all the physics goodness that that implies, however it has now become clear that rather than relating to a totally new title, that teaser image was to do with an upcoming new DLC pack for rFactor 2.. featuring Reiza cars and circuits made famous by AMS in recent years.

No doubt visually upgraded to meet the new rFactor 2 standards, and taking advantage of the tech behind rF2 such as time of day, weather, real road, advanced tyre models and of course VR, this is one very interesting development and will act as a very positive boost for rF2 players looking for more quality content for the simulation.

No firm details have yet been revealed about what exactly will be contained in the upcoming DLC, although several images from the pack have been released giving us at least some idea of the types of things we can expect to see..

It is not thought that this DLC partnership will have any effect on plans for a sequel to AMS, as this is still underdevelopment at Reiza HQ.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you happy to hear of a Reiza DLC pack coming to rFactor 2? Which cars / tracks would you like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below..!

Last edited:
I dont know whether I'm happy there is more content for rF2 or whether I'm sad that Reiza haven't progressed with their own stuff.
Maybe Reiza will use the rFactor 2 engine for their next sim, in which case this is progress since they'll need to port their content to the new engine in the first place. This DLC might even be part of the deal they made with S397 to get the license for the engine.

Just speculation of course, but considering what Renato said in Reiza forums abut this being a "parallel" project I doubt they haven't made progress in their own stuff :)

The legend that is Reiza Studios continues....as they started out doing mods for rF1 to, i suppose to get a handle on the software etc and they knocked it out of the park with their 'Automobilista' title...they are now starting again on rF2...baby steps forward to future Awesomeness...lol

Reiza stated on official forum:
- rF2 Reiza Bundle is a standalone project
- AMS will have the latest DLC as promised
- they are working to their next title (Reiza 17)

Btw, we will know something more in the next days...

About the rF2 DLC, the content will be:
Cars: F-Vee, AJR Metalmoro, MCR 2000
Tracks: Ilbarra, Guapore (not sure about the latest)

Last edited:
each time i (re)install rF2 to see what the update gives, i (re)uninstall in 2 min, it's an outdated and an awfull simulation.
How awful for you. :cry:
I feel so sad that you have this terrible downer in your life. :cry:
These horrible people keep spending countless hours, creating content and updates (much of it is for free) for a video game, which you don't even like. How dare they?
What could you possibly do to avoid this massive negative, which repeatedly makes you feel sad, frustrated, angry or whatever?
I hope you find something (positive) that you enjoy doing one day. I hope it absorbs you and fills you with joy, so that you no longer have to express your negative feelings in such a hopeful and positive thread. :sick:

each time i (re)install rF2 to see what the update gives, i (re)uninstall in 2 min, it's an outdated and an awfull simulation.
I did the same yesterday to see how rF2 is now and it is as always, good physics, FFB I can easily relate to but it just feels like somebody is making random mods on physics platform.

Also stock content is pretty limited and not really fullfulling and than paying 5 euro for single car or 10 euro for one track and car is not really inviting ... copared to generous AMS or AC pricing (3 tracks, 10-13 cars for 15 euro for example)

Last edited:
I hope the historic tracks and the Brazilian Touring Car Classics brasil pack, stockcars,V8, MCR2000 and No modern F1...

I hope that the dev de ams will show dev rf2 that better shaders exist and how to get a car and a track right! :D

Seems like a very sensible move - I think we can all safely assume Reiza's next game will be rf2 based, so it's a good opportunity to develop their skills on that engine and do some financial bridging, I'll definitely be purchasing out of interest and support.

However, I hope they can bring to the table something I'm not sure 397 are even capable - some consistency of content/performance and some bloody ART DIRECTION !!

If ever a game was a clunky sprawling mess with big dollops of genius it's rf2. It's like a Jackson Pollock painting - you can't deny it, it wants the thrill and provoke you, but it doesn't want to love you, or doesn't know how to.

AMS meanwhile was just point to point joy, from every corner, to every track, to every vehicle, to every nuance of the ffb - the only choice was whether you liked what was on offer, not if the game decided if it was going to like you and your system on any given day / content combination ... or not. I hope they can bring that level of finesse to their rf2 content, some unity of vision and performance - massive fingers crossed because that could be something really special in the future

Last edited:
Seems like a very sensible move - I think we can all safely assume Reiza's next game will be rf2 based, so it's a good opportunity to develop their skills on that engine and do some financial bridging, I'll definitely be purchasing out of interest and support.
is it safe to say? I kind of hope not .. I wouldnt mind physics. Eventough I realize more complex tyre model I dont think it is that massive change for 'end user' (rain and nonscripted dynamic road of course make a change).
But moving from AMS graphics to rF2 Dx11 graphics is not something I`d like to see .. with exception of replays (DOF helps a lot) I woulnd say rF2 looks better. Id preffer them to step up to something more modern (or 'next gen' if you will) ...

Than there is the rF1 engine licencing, all the work they put into it and magic they can do with that engine.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back