Reiza Set to Release AMS Themed rF2 DLC...

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Reiza Bundle 3.jpg

rF2 Reiza Bundle 1.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 2.jpg rf2 Reiza Bundle 4.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 6.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 7.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 8.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 9.jpg rF2 Reiza Bundle 10.jpg
Reiza Studios, the developers behind the excellent AMS, have teased a new DLC pack coming to rF2 soon.. adding some of the excellent content from Automobilista to the Studio 397 simulation...

We had a sneaky teaser image reveal on social media in recent weeks that left many to wonder if the yet to be announced sequel to Automobilista would be based on the rFactor 2 game engine, and all the physics goodness that that implies, however it has now become clear that rather than relating to a totally new title, that teaser image was to do with an upcoming new DLC pack for rFactor 2.. featuring Reiza cars and circuits made famous by AMS in recent years.

No doubt visually upgraded to meet the new rFactor 2 standards, and taking advantage of the tech behind rF2 such as time of day, weather, real road, advanced tyre models and of course VR, this is one very interesting development and will act as a very positive boost for rF2 players looking for more quality content for the simulation.

No firm details have yet been revealed about what exactly will be contained in the upcoming DLC, although several images from the pack have been released giving us at least some idea of the types of things we can expect to see..

It is not thought that this DLC partnership will have any effect on plans for a sequel to AMS, as this is still underdevelopment at Reiza HQ.

rFactor 2 is available exclusively for PC from Steam now.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch

RaceDepartment Instagram

Are you happy to hear of a Reiza DLC pack coming to rFactor 2? Which cars / tracks would you like to see added? Let us know in the comments section below..!

Last edited:
is it safe to say? I kind of hope not .. I wouldnt mind physics. Eventough I realize more complex tyre model I dont think it is that massive change for 'end user' (rain and nonscripted dynamic road of course make a change).
But moving from AMS graphics to rF2 Dx11 graphics is not something I`d like to see .. with exception of replays (DOF helps a lot) I woulnd say rF2 looks better. Id preffer them to step up to something more modern (or 'next gen' if you will) ...

Than there is the rF1 engine licencing, all the work they put into it and magic they can do with that engine.

More complex tire model isn't a massive change for the end user? I don't know if you are serious or not but the driving sensation in rF2 is def. different when it comes to tire management and how it affects what the enduser is feeling in the FFB. Where the rubber meets the road is in fact the biggest deal, otherwise devs wouldn't be spending so much time developing their tire models. And if it wasn't a big deal, ISI wouldn't have released and developed rF2 in first place. Lets face it, today every dev slings around with features like tire deformation, flatspots and dynamic roads allmost ten years after the first tech previews from ISI. I think most people just look at the game today and think that it was a software designed by amateurs because it isn't the most beautiful looking and easiest to access sim, but it lead the way for many aspects in sim racing today.

Given the fact that I consider rF2 and AMS the two best sims on the market, this will be a great opportunity to see their efforts combined. I am just hoping for a historic track DLC for the recent 70s cars. Everything else is just a bonus. Blasting through the old Ostkurve in pouring rain should be fun :inlove:

More complex tire model isn't a massive change for the end user? I don't know if you are serious or not but the driving sensation in rF2 is def. different when it comes to tire management and how it affects what the enduser is feeling in the FFB. Where the rubber meets the road is in fact the biggest deal, otherwise devs wouldn't be spending so much time developing their tire models. And if it wasn't a big deal, ISI wouldn't have released and developed rF2 in first place. Lets face it, today every dev slings around with features like tire deformation, flatspots and dynamic roads allmost ten years after the first tech previews from ISI. I think most people just look at the game today and think that it was a software designed by amateurs because it isn't the most beautiful looking and easiest to access sim, but it lead the way for many aspects in sim racing today.

Given the fact that I consider rF2 and AMS the two best sims on the market, this will be a great opportunity to see their efforts combined. I am just hoping for a historic track DLC for the recent 70s cars. Everything else is just a bonus. Blasting through the old Ostkurve in pouring rain should be fun :inlove:

I dont consider them amateurs in physics modeling, not at all .. but they dont have that magic ingredience when it comes to creating simulation game. Like they have brain but no hearth if it makes sense :)

Also I dont think that more complex model always means better result .. depends on execution ..

I agree that combined efford of 357 and Reiza is great thing

Are those shots from AMS ,? Last time l drove it 12 +months ago it was more like a saturated rf1 , those shots look like rf2 ..l never really got into AMS , just seemed like rf1.5 so must redownload and try . Can only see this as a positive , l think those within both games know a bit more than the experts on forums ..

Are those shots from AMS ,? Last time l drove it 12 +months ago it was more like a saturated rf1 , those shots look like rf2 ..l never really got into AMS , just seemed like rf1.5 so must redownload and try . Can only see this as a positive , l think those within both games know a bit more than the experts on forums ..
They are definitely rF2. The main image features rain. Something AMS is lacking ;)

How awful for you. :cry:
I feel so sad that you have this terrible downer in your life. :cry:
These horrible people keep spending countless hours, creating content and updates (much of it is for free) for a video game, which you don't even like. How dare they?
What could you possibly do to avoid this massive negative, which repeatedly makes you feel sad, frustrated, angry or whatever?
I hope you find something (positive) that you enjoy doing one day. I hope it absorbs you and fills you with joy, so that you no longer have to express your negative feelings in such a hopeful and positive thread. :sick:

raceroom, assetto, iRacing, pCars2, F1 2017, Dirt4, Dirt rally, the crew 2, WRC 7, Forza horizon, Forza 7, TT Isle of man, Ride 2, (and i dont' talk about Race07 x1000 better and beautifull than rF2) all theses games make me happy.
rFactor 2 is the worst game in my life, i regret so much my money spent. I have no word to describe my feeling, or only one : awfull.

Interesting move. We will have AMS with rain and VR. Problem for me is that rFactor2 has never worked well in my setup and that I still prefer AMS. But is a good move I think, and one of the last things Reiza can do with their content.

I guess it will be about 15-20€ so...will be interesting to see how people react to buying part of the game for the full price...

raceroom, assetto, iRacing, pCars2, F1 2017, Dirt4, Dirt rally, the crew 2, WRC 7, Forza horizon, Forza 7, TT Isle of man, Ride 2, (and i dont' talk about Race07 x1000 better and beautifull than rF2) all theses games make me happy.
rFactor 2 is the worst game in my life, i regret so much my money spent. I have no word to describe my feeling, or only one : awfull.
This thread is about upcoming content - which none of us have tried. It's not about which games people do or don't like. If you want a thread which is about you and what you want, or a thread about how awful you think something is, maybe you could post one?
Personally, I'm looking forward to the new content. I've been looking for a reason to invest in rF2 but the recent releases just were not my cup of tea. I'll be pleased to support S397, Reiza and sim racing.

I've never regretted any sim I've bought, even if it didn't win my heart

What I would regret though is sim racing loosing a Studio 397, a Reiza Studios, a Kunos Simulazioni, a Codemasters or a Sin Bin because people thought that there are another half dozen quality studios waiting to take their place in a hugely niche market, when there categorically isn't.

So that age old question, which sim should I buy or encourage people to purchase? The answer is all of them. Try them all, support them all, because we'll all be in a bad place if we loose any of them regardless of your favourites. So well done you for buying rf2 even if you didn't enjoy it, and think more about encouraging people to take a look for themselves because for all these small / medium studios, it matters, and everyone's work, good or bad, informs progress

Last edited:
This thread is about upcoming content - which none of us have tried. It's not about which games people do or don't like. If you want a thread which is about you and what you want, or a thread about how awful you think something is, maybe you could post one?
Personally, I'm looking forward to the new content. I've been looking for a reason to invest in rF2 but the recent releases just were not my cup of tea. I'll be pleased to support S397, Reiza and sim racing.
I bet that's melaine second account mate... just keep the finger on the ban button already

F-Vee - Skip Barber
AJR Metalmoro - Radical GT3
MCR 2000 - USF2000
:unsure:
If this is what's coming in the dlc with 1-2 Brazil tracks, I can't say I'm super excited personally - I'm not putting the idea down here, just saying it's not my cup of tea.
If we eventually see all the Formula 1 cars, Brands Hatch, RBR, and totally-not-Suzuka, at a very low price for Reiza51 members (seeing we've already payed for them essentially), then I can get hyped. Otherwise I'm just not interested in paying again for cars/tracks I already have.

F-Vee - Skip Barber
AJR Metalmoro - Radical GT3
MCR 2000 - USF2000
:unsure:
If this is what's coming in the dlc with 1-2 Brazil tracks, I can't say I'm super excited personally - I'm not putting the idea down here, just saying it's not my cup of tea.
If we eventually see all the Formula 1 cars, Brands Hatch, RBR, and totally-not-Suzuka, at a very low price for Reiza51 members (seeing we've already payed for them essentially), then I can get hyped. Otherwise I'm just not interested in paying again for cars/tracks I already have.

Metalmoro AJR is somewhere between LMP2 and LMP1 (closer to LMP2 but should be faster). Lighter than LMP2 and LMP1, more power than LMP2, bit less than LMP1, LMP3 gearbox, LMP2 brakes.

MCR 2000 is kind of like USF 2000 as MCR S2000 it was created with idea of being FF2000 alternative and USF 2000 is basical FF 2000.. but not being openwheller and having more power makes it different experience

F-Vee is quite different than Skip Barber ... rF2 has Skip with aero .. Vee is pure mechanical :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 310 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 207 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years