Reiza Hints at the Future - rFactor 2 Engine to be used in 'Reiza 2018'?

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Reiza Studios Teaser Image .jpg

Reiza Studios have released an interesting teaser on social media recently, hinting at "some exciting new things coming up on the horizon"..

Now to my eye this teaser image looks very much like a Reiza game using the rapidly improving rFactor 2 gMotor2 game engine, potentially hinting for the very first time that the upcoming and under development "Reiza 2018" project could be taking further advantage of the already close relationship between Reiza Studios original rFactor developers Image Space Incorporated.

Although purely speculation at this point, it is still rather refreshing to hear (or see) some news from Reiza Studios following wrapping of development of their Automobilista title, and this could well be the very first early signs of what's been going on behind the scenes of the well regarded Brazilian development team.

Now I'm only speculating that this is the rFactor 2 engine here, and frankly I could be well wide of the mark with this one... so I'll leave it to you to throw around your opinions in the comments section below!

Reiza Studios Teaser Image Twitter.jpg

Automobilista is a PC exclusive racing game from Reiza Studios, and can be purchased from the Steam network.

If you enjoy Automobilista then take your experience to the next level with RaceDepartment! Join in our brilliant online Racing Club to take part in organised online race events, or head over to the Automobilista Modding Forum to have a look through our community made content, or if this isn't enough to keep you occupied, check out the general AMS sub forum and involve yourself in our wonderful sim racing community.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What do you make of the cryptic clue from Reiza? Looking forward to the new project? Let us know in the comments section below!

Guys u see what reiza did with the RF1 base?
Can you imagine what they can do with the RF2 base? its gonna be amazing.
By the way, the car in the photo looks like the metamoro ajr
38606169131_a1c5d8e4ea_o.jpg

If they are porting the cars of AMS to a RF2 engine..... that means.....
We are going to have Formula Ultimate, Formula Classic, Formula v12, V8 Supercars, Boxer Cup and more in a amazing physic engine... wow.

It may be a preview of the next Reiza simulator.

But we know that Automobilista still has one final surprise: They are waiting to launch a DLC with a new car brand.

Last edited:

We are going to have Formula Ultimate, Formula Classic, Formula v12, V8 Supercars, Boxer Cup and more in a amazing physic engine... wow.
Not only that, we'll have all that in a 64bit system with a 24h cycle we can trust and weather! + rejoin in online races and a great AI. Be it solo AMS in rF2 engine or AMS content into rF2 (like Kartsim) if they work together is an amazing thing for the community.

Whatever sim racing game. There is always a minimum system spec. requirement. I would be great to develope a sim that worked on a mid range gaming pc on high settings without any flawes at 60fps even with rain involved. For thoses who have a big wallet,they can choose ultra.

• ronniej

Would love to see this! Reiza did a fantastic job with the RF1 engine, and I would much rather see them do their own job with the newer engine or build their own rather than work with S397 at this point. S397 has taken over RF2 and making it their own now. I was thinking they should work together at some capacity much earlier, but now...no. EDIT: It would still be awesome if they ISI/S397 formed a new game together along with Neils and Reiza combined though!

Either way, I will be looking forward to supporting and enjoying Reiza's next offering to be sure!

I really hope they are porting the current cars as well (but for none of the ones you mentioned :giggle:) Fingers crossed!

Dead god, no. Just don't. At least not the graphics engine. Reiza, consider moving to Unreal for everything except physics, you can create a plugin input for the physics and use rF2's physics there.

Although this would mean licensing two different engines.

So maybe merge with S397? rFactor 2 definitely lacks good quality content, I'd be more than happy to pay for DLC if you guys merged :inlove:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%