Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Zhou and Ricciardo should receive points, as they both finished 90% of the race.
Yeah ok, I'll fix it in the next update.
But I won't give the reward for finishing :p For the budget, it will still count as DNF.
This is because the failures are more likely to happen in the latter stages of a race, that's how it's implemented, and I wanted there to be a clear penalty to the Renault users especially, for not finishing. Otherwise, Renault engine becomes unbalanced.

Bug report or typo: Magnussen’s finish time of 60min looks like bug. 57x92sec is over 87min.
Found the problem.
I reset the timer when the red flag happened :p
If you go back you will notice on lap 19 it's reset, also 57-19=38 *92sec comes out to about 60 mins
this is also why the exact lap of the DNF may not be precise for all the retired cars

Last edited:
Btw if it wasn't clear, you all should be spending the budget you have
If you open our private conversation, in the first post, under "Balance" you will find the budget. I edited the first post of our conversation.

You can use the budget to buy packages that are listed in the first post of this thread. Like you've done in pre-season, it's the same process.
If you have questions for me you can ask here on in our conversation :thumbsup:

Jeddah GP - Qualifying

1652712373457.png

OUT: RIC, GIO, DVR, GAS, ALB
Albon has also crashed, that's why his 2nd lap is much slower. Stroll only made a big mistake, like Vettel in the first lap, but no crash.
1652712982919.png

OUT: STR, PIA, BOT, RUS, ZHO
1652713087244.png

Final result:
1652713590048.png

Clearly the driver stats and engine played the biggest role on this track. Leclerc finally seals the deal, along with Magnussen and Norris are again in the top 3. Bottas had another poor performance, as he is out of Q2, I expected more from him, also from Stroll. Perez and Alonso make surprise appearances in Q3.

Since the tyre deg is the same as Bahrain, the tyres should last a similar distance, but because Jeddah is longer it'll be less laps.
Approximately:
Up to 16 laps for softs
Up to 24 laps for mediums
Up to 35 laps for hards
Again do keep in mind your driver's tyre saving stat, if it's low don't put him on an extended stint.

1652713957236.png

Need starting tyres, first update will do laps 1-11!
Deadline: 18.5. 17:00

note: it'll be a LOT harder to pass at Jeddah, so the easy passes on soft tyres we had in Bahrain maybe won't be so easy or possible at all here!

Last edited:
Jeddah GP - Laps 1-11
starting grid.PNG

Albon damaged his gearbox in the crash, and chose to take a penalty to fix it.

1.PNG

Magnussen takes the lead, with a great start! Alonso too gains a place.
2-5.png

Leclerc however, manages to stick very close to Magnussen, and retakes the lead. Hulk also retakes the 6th place.
6-9.png

Leclerc is extending the gap, however, the 2 laps in traffic will surely have cost him dearly.
10-11.png

Hulkenberg opts for the undercut, however rejoins in last place, behind Albon. He will have a seriously hard job now, from this position.

Next update runs until lap 17. It is just 6 laps, however, it covers part of the pit window for the medium runners, both for those opting for 1 or 2 stops.

Deadline: May 19th 18:00 CEST

Edit: also I forgot to say that Hulks pitcrew made a slower stop.
The average stop is 21 seconds

Last edited:
Jeddah GP Laps 12-17

RDFIA Statement:
-Although the FIA announced the F1 2022 calendar to have 22 races (no replacement of Sochi), the Racing Manager calendar will retain Losail circuit, and thus have 23 races.

12.PNG

Verstappen, Bottas, and Stroll all opt to pit. Hulk gets past Albon, but loses quite a lot of time doing so.
13.PNG

Gasly also pits, along with race leader Leclerc, who, cruically, rejoins in front of Russell! Bottas sets a new fastest lap.
14.PNG

De Vries is the only pitter this lap, maintaining his place in front of Stroll. Gasly now sets the new fastest lap, as Leclerc begins his charge back up the field.
15.PNG

Piastri pits, and rejoins right in front of Gasly, to stop his advance on the soft tyre. Bottas also enters traffic, behind Giovinazzi. Leclerc is also losing time behind the Mexican minister of defense. Hulkenberg gets past Ricciardo.
16.PNG

Gasly has managed to clear Piastri, while Leclerc gets past Perez. No pitters this lap.
17.PNG

Giovinazzi pits and rejoins in last place.

Next update will run until lap 33.
Deadline: May 20th 23:00 CEST

Jeddah GP Laps 18-33
18.PNG

The two Falcons pit on lap 18, sadly with Ricciardo's pitcrew making an error. They were followed the next lap by Magnussen and Vettel. Cruically, Magnussen rejoins behind Zhou, he will lose time trying to pass him. Vettel is in clear air. Russell sets a new fastest lap as the Falcons look mighty fast on fresh tyres.
20.PNG

Norris and Zhou pit, but not before holding up Magnussen. Still, the teamwork of Excelsior was only just short of overcutting Magnussen.
21.PNG

Perez pits, rejoining behind Russell, but ahead of Bottas.
24.PNG

Magnussen undoes all his good work with a mistake! Norris is now released, and in a great position. Alonso pits, rejoining neck-a-neck with Perez! Bottas also pits, rejoining ahead of Ricciardo, who can't seem to get any luck.
25.PNG

Alonso ends up clearing Perez with the tyre advantage. Ricciardo also passes Bottas, but looks to be losing time behind De Vries. Russell is also passed by Alonso. Gasly pits.
29.PNG

Valtteri, it's James.
Other than that, not much happening this update. Falcons struggling with their tyres reaching the cliff.
33.PNG

Current order.

Next update runs until the end of the race.
Deadline: May 21st, 15:00 CEST

Last edited:
Slightly more tyre wear than I expected, especially on softs. Maybe I should've given it less laps in my prediction :ninja:

Anyways, the following drivers haven't followed the 2 compound rule yet (so they need to pit for a different compound):
-Magnussen
-Vettel
-Albon
-Piastri

Last edited:
Game Announcement
-I want to see what the opinion is for adding pace modes, not in this race but for the remaining races.
-They would work as follows:
1. Balanced mode - optimal, and unchanged from the current race mode.
2. Qualifying mode - wears tyres by an extra 50%, and increases crash chance 25 times, but provides a boost to driver pace (+50 driver PP). Also helps a little when overtaking/defending. Unchanged from the current qualifying mode.
3. Tyre saving mode - wears tyres approx. 15-25% less, depending on the track (adds driver tyre saving +50 PP), but drops driver overtaking by -100 PP, and adds a fixed laptime loss of 0,3 seconds.
I would not add further modes, and no conditional orders allowed for the modes! (but you would be allowed to change them during the stint on the laps you wish)

Note that it is built in such a way to encourage managers to keep using Balanced mode, so not changing the gameplay much, unless in extreme circumstances.
So qualifying mode would mainly be useful in a "ministry of defense" scenario, and maybe the final lap or 2 of a tyre stint. Saving mode would only be useful if you really need to extend your stint by 1 or 2 laps, to run it during the whole stint.

I would not display the pace mode in the results sheet. But you may be able to notice the change in laptimes.

I wanted to help the lower tyre wear drivers to be able to extend their stints, but my concern is that this would make the game too complicated by adding an additional strategy order, this is why I initially didn't want to add pace modes. But seeing the tyre wear especially on weaker drivers, made me reconsider.
For this change to go through, I want 5 votes FOR (or partially for), or if you don't want it to go through, 2 AGAINST is enough and there will be no change. If you don't care about the change you may abstain. I added a poll at the top of the page. Votes are anonymous and you are allowed to change vote until the poll is closed.

Last edited:
For

I keep forgetting that I can't adjust my driver's pace when I go for votes, just choosing when to pit is a bit dull when it comes down to it because all pace is locked in with the upgrades. Pace changes allows fast teams to mess up and slow teams to luck into better results if used properly, so all for it.

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 19 12.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 18 11.9%
  • Friday

Votes: 54 35.8%
  • Saturday

Votes: 88 58.3%