Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not sure how to vote. I think it's great to add pace orders, but I think you have gone way too big. 50% increase in tyre wear? +50PP (which would triple or more many of the drivers). +25% failure rate? I just think it's too much.

I'm not sure how to vote. I think it's great to add pace orders, but I think you have gone way too big. 50% increase in tyre wear? +50PP (which would triple or more many of the drivers). +25% failure rate? I just think it's too much.
edit: realized my reply was going in circles, lol.
The values aren't set in stone actually, but I found these values work well for both the modes.
I deliberately wanted to make them a bit extreme, so there are clear upsides and downsides to using them

also none of the modes affect failure rate :p but qualifying mode would affect crash rate, which is fairly small by default, 25 times is like 1/400 instead of 1/10000 for the better drivers. Though I may end up making it smaller anyway.

Also, I want to eventually move away from the tables, and onto a 2D visual display of the race, top down. It's definitely not going to be scheduled before mid-June or so, but you all could prepare to paint a car if you wish, when I find a suitable top-down template of the F1 2022 car (but I will provide a default colour pattern for those that can't find time to paint a car).

Last edited:
I am missing 3 managers for the strategy, but only 2 votes, hmm

Who double-voted? :p

(anyways, safe to say we are getting the tyre saving pace mode after Jeddah unless the 2 votes go against)

Ok since the 9th vote won't change the outcome, I will be trialing the tyre saving pace mode in Melbourne. I will not be trialing the quali mode, but I think after Melbourne I'll see what the thoughts are for a "push mode" which would be more balanced perhaps.
I want to see what the reception will be like, and then I will consider adding more modes, again through a poll.

For now, there's still a race update on the previous page! I am missing 2 managers' pitstops, don't forget to respond until the deadline.

Last edited:
Jeddah GP - Laps 34-50
34.PNG

Busy pitlane this lap. Albon, Stroll, Hulk, Max, De Vries, Piastri, Russell and Ricciardo all storm into the pits. Piastri rejoining right in front of Gasly, as he is held up by Ricciardo.
35.PNG

The leaders all pit, Leclerc on lap 36 and the rest on lap 37, along with Alonso, who rejoins right behind Hulkenberg. Ricciardo finds himself stuck behind De Vries.
39.PNG

Alonso clears Hulk on the fresh tyre, as Norris goes for a sudden pitstop, right as he was about to be passed by Leclerc. Unfortunately, he rejoined behind KMag, and lost some time overtaking him. But, he sets the fastest lap.
46.PNG

We get our first 2 retirements, sadly Perez retires from a very strong position. This releases Alonso into 5th.
47.PNG

Ricciardo pits, in an attempt to take the fastest lap. He is unsuccessful this time. Norris is struggling to pass Vettel.
50.PNG

However, unexpectedly, he takes the fastest lap on the worn softs! No further retirements, weirdly all of the Renaults finish, while the Ferraris had a rough time, as we leave Jeddah.

The market is OPEN, and your private message first post has been updated with the new budget to spend on new packages.
Deadline: May 23rd, 15:00 CEST

edit:
5 race delay arrives before Baku
10 race before Hungaroring

Last edited:
Melbourne - Free Practice
1653067592856.png
1653067625578.png

The weather report for Qualifying is DRY.
The weather report for the race has some rain, but at this point it's unknown when and how much.

Last edited:
Some things I forgot:
-Qualifying and the race for Jeddah will both be dry
-I will be posting 2 free practice sessions before qualifying, in this format:
FP1: no new upgrades
FP2: applied delayed upgrades (that were scheduled to arrive at that GP)
this is to allow managers to see the effect of their upgrades.

Are you not doing this for Melbourne? Some of us may want to buy upgrades for this race. And the deadline is Monday.

Melbourne - Qualifying
1653292914956.png

OUT: RIC, DVR, GIO, STR, ZHO
1653293015005.png

OUT: GAS, PIA, RUS, VET, ALO
1653293125962.png

Hulk has an issue in qualifying! Leclerc also had a bad lap..

Race is FULL WET all race.
We have a tyre saving mode now, and if you want to use it, you should say it. balanced mode is used by default. Wet tyres last half the race or 29 laps until all the green bars disappear.

I don't need starting tyres (all will start on wets), but you may send if you want to use the tyre saving mode.
Deadline: May 24th 15:00 CEST (1 day, for this update)
Update runs until Lap 19

Last edited:
Melbourne - Laps 1-9

1653403348790.png
1653403389732.png

Norris has a lightning start, rest of the grid maintains positions more or less.
2.PNG
3.PNG
4.PNG
5.PNG

Perez has crashed.
6.PNG

This brings out a red flag.
7.PNG

Verstappen re-passes Norris, however Norris sticks close behind him. Leclerc has a bad start and falls behind Hulk.
8.PNG
9.PNG

Norris finally re-passes Verstappen.

Last edited:
Melbourne - Laps 10-19
10.PNG
11.PNG
12.PNG
13.PNG
14.PNG
15.PNG
16.PNG
17.PNG
18.PNG
19.PNG

Next update runs until lap 29.
Deadline: May 26th 15:00

Note that everyone got fresh wet tyres after the red flag restart. The red flag period does not affect the weather, but there may be changes at the end of the race if we see more red flags.

edit: for those running tyre saving, by default I will keep using it unless I hear otherwise

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea