Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How does this signing actually work, like is there a timespan wherein if no one outbids me does the driver sign for me? Can't figure it out from the post
Someone can still outbid you. When everyone signs 2 drivers, then the signing ends, until then it's an open bidding war basically.
I will let you know if someone put a higher bid on one of your drivers

For packages, is it possible to:
1) Buy low speed before race 1 for 2.5 (10 race delay)
2) after 2nd race, buy low speed for 10 (immediate)?

It doesn't really make sense, but just to check if those things are possible.
Both are possible and I have tested those exact scenarios :thumbsup:
-The lower price of the delayed packages are offset by the points and rewards lost in the races until the package arrives. That's why it's more of a comeback mechanic, if you are already behind.
-Before race 1, there will be a market where you can spend the remaining PP that you didn't use on drivers and engine.

Last edited:
Updated table:
1651504313980.png

I've also updated your PMs with your currently active drivers/balance

Last edited:
The signing phase is now over!
I will now reveal the driver list:
1651707241544.png

We proceed to getting engines and car upgrades. You send me both in private message.

List of engines:
1651426685861-png.563548

-There is no limit to how much teams a single supplier can supply.
-Renault finishes ~50% of races, and Ferrari ~75%, in theory.
-The reliability stat is a buff stat, not a % stat. The % numbers I gave only help to explain the range of reliability, to make it easier to pick an engine.
-Engine stats are fixed to the engine and they are not upgradeable! But the player can upgrade his car's drag & reliability as they are added on top of engine stats.
List of car upgrades (I explained them in more detail here):
1651505561750-png.563782

-The packages in the top table can be bought for the prices listed in the bottom table.
-The bottom table signifies how soon your team will receive the upgrade package.
-Lower cost of delayed packages is offset by the points and results rewards lost until the package arrives (it is meant as a comeback mechanic for teams already struggling and not getting rewards)
-You don't have to spend your entire budget, if you have < 9 PP you can choose to save up and get an instant upgrade after race 1.
-If you buy delayed upgrades, I will add an extra table in our PM so you can keep track as well.
-Don't hesitate to ask me anything at all! I'll be very active/responsive during this market.

An example (let's say the example team has 39 PP):
Renault engine (0 PP)
2x balanced, instant (20 PP)
1x reliability, instant (10 PP)
1x balanced, delay 5 races (6 PP)
1x balanced, delay 10 races (2.5 PP)
0.5 PP left

And a tip: Google's search bar has a built in calculator! Very convenient so you don't have to do math in your heads and I use it all the time! :p
Some of you have already sent me engines and used up your budget, so you can hibernate for now.
Deadline is until May 8th 23:59 CEST, then I will update the tables in your first post, and post the weather and qualifying for race 1.

edit: fun fact - Lesley (NLE) was among the first to send me bids, and wasn't involved in any bidding wars (nobody else put a bid for Max/Nyck)! Him and Tottos were the only managers not to be in a bidding war.
edit 2: for those still considering joining, I put the unsigned drivers in the first post. You can still join by picking up 2 drivers! :p

Last edited:
Sorry, I can't understand how reliability works as you say Renault finishes %50 races with 0 while Ferrari finishes %75 with 100 points. How does it work like that?

Sorry, I can't understand how reliability works as you say Renault finishes %50 races with 0 while Ferrari finishes %75 with 100 points. How does it work like that?
=randBetween(0; 100 + reliability) < 50

So the reliability stat boosts the upper limit of the variance :thumbsup:
So it's a buff stat, not a % stat. But I wanted to explain the range of the reliability in % make it easier to understand how effective it is.

Last edited:
Round 1 - Bahrain Grand Prix
Qualifying

We begin the season with the first race in Bahrain! The weather will remain dry throughout the weekend.

Q1
1651857014752.png

Out: RIC, BOT, PER, DVR, HUL

Q2
1651857214485.png

Out: ALO, PIA, GAS, RUS, GIO

Q3
1651857424038.png

Final result:
1651857627478.png

The pole seemed as if it was contested by as many as 5 different drivers! Ultimately, Magnussen delivered when it mattered, and Leclerc just simply didn't.
All qualifying sessions went smoothly, without crashes or failures.
I was very surprised to see Perez, Bottas and Alonso in such low positions, I guess they weren't able to improve their times enough during the 2 runs.

Don't worry if the variance messed up your qualifying runs, because half the Renault runners won't finish :p
I was also very surprised that nobody chose Honda engines.

So, like I said, the race will be dry.
Pirelli predicts the following optimal strategies:
1651858556964.png

-You may choose to start on a different tyre if you want or if your driver doesn't have a good tyre wear stat.

The first update will run laps 1-11. You should send me the starting tyre for both of your drivers. If you plan to pit before lap 11, you may send me that too.
-You may also do a conditional order, such as: "if Magnussen pits, then also pit"
-If I don't receive anything I'll put you on random dry tyres.
-You can send me the whole strategy if you want, but consider doing it on the go, as I will stop the race a few more times so you can react.
-And don't forget about the fastest lap point!

The first post of your PMs have also been updated with the new rank of your car/parts.
Deadline: May 10th, 23:59 GMT+2

Last edited:
Oh btw, I forgot to mention,
-The pitlane length for Bahrain, in the track list is 22,2 seconds WITHOUT the pitcrew time.
-Pitcrew time is on average 2.7 seconds, so the total pitlane time on average is 24,9 seconds
-So for the fastest lap attempt, if you are 27+ seconds ahead, very likely you would rejoin in front
-The numbers are track-specific, you can find the track list in the first post.
-The pitlane time is shortened by 40% under VSC and 55% under SC and the pitcrew time remains the same
-There will be a small chance of VSC/SC coming out for cars retiring with a mechanical problem

-You can also employ team orders, either: "do not overtake" or, "slow down and let x through". It is designed so that one car loses a lot of time, while the other car may lose a small amount of time.

Last edited:
I also forgot to mention the available dry tyres are soft/medium/hard like the 2022 season but I think you all figured that out on your own.
Wet tyres intermediate/wet but they won't be used in this GP (I mean you could, but.. not recommended for a dry race lol)

Bahrain GP Race - Laps 0-11

Starting tyres:
1652217779664.png

First lap:
1652217846365.png

Alonso makes one of his trademark starts! Zhou and Albon seem to have not gotten off the line well.

1652218002380.png

Norris becomes the first retirement of the season. Stroll is holding up a lot of drivers.

Current order:
1652221143350.png

Hulkenberg has crashed! But the green flags stay out.
Leclerc and Zhou pitted on lap 10. Stroll pitted on lap 11. Will the undercut attempt work for Leclerc?

Fastest Lap: Alonso 1:33.005

The next update runs until lap 24. You can send me the exact lap of the pitstop if you want to make one. If you are running the medium tyres I can recommend you pit between laps 20-25. For the soft tyres wear remains around 11-15 laps.

Deadline: May 12th 23:59

If you miss the deadline I will assume you don't want to pit (unless you have told me the full strategy before)

Also, if you wanted to view your driver stats again, I added again the full list of drivers in the first post.

Last edited:
Just to clarify:
-I've changed the lap table picture to show "Laps finished" instead of "Lap"
-This means all drivers have finished 11 laps unless it says otherwise in the status bar.
-So the earliest you can enter the pits from now is end of lap 12 because they all passed the pitlane :thumbsup:
-Gaps are measured at the start/finish line

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea