Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Welcome to the first season of the new manager game, Racing Manager!

This post will go over the rules and gameplay mechanics very quickly.
You can sign up with a custom team, simply state your team name and a main + secondary color.
You can still sign up despite the game starting! Just say it in the thread, or message me in private so I can add your team!
2. Drivers
If you want to sign up, you should pick 2 drivers from this list. The 2 drivers combined should not exceed 50 PP.
List of drivers:
1652203046080.png

3. Engines
You will send me your engine of choice. You can use 30 PP + leftover from signing drivers. If you want the better engines, you should spend no more than 40 PP on your drivers.
1651426685861.png

4. Car development
Any left-over budget should be used for car development. You will send me the packages you want in private, after I open a private message with you.
You will also receive bonus PP for each race you missed, so you can join right in the winning fight!
1651505561750.png

These 4 steps are enough to complete your signup and you can compete in the very next race.

Race weekend mechanics:
1. Qualifying

I will post the qualifying results, and a weather forecast for the race, together with the predicted strategies from Pirelli.
2. Race strategy
Players send me the strategies in private, containing the starting tyre and for each pitstop, the lap and tyre for that pitstop.
This is the correct format:
Leclerc:
Start Medium
Pit lap 24 Hard (for pitstops it's important to include the compound, and the lap)
You don't have to send me the entire strategy at the start, as I will be stopping the race a few times so you can make orders on the fly.

Usually the race is updated in one-day intervals, however I can delay it to a 2-day interval if asked to. For longer than 1 day, we can arrange a deal where I auto-manage the drivers with one of the default strategies.
2a. Fighting
On track fighting will give a performance penalty to both the attacking and defending cars.
You can tell your drivers to cease fighting only their teammate. Example:
Norris, do not overtake Ricciardo.
Valtteri, let Lewis pass if he comes up behind you.
2b. Conditional orders
I will allow conditional orders for pitstops only, such as:
Pit lap 24 Hard, but if Verstappen pits earlier then pit one lap after him.
Leclerc pit when the gap to 5th place is more than 25 seconds.
2c. Major events
I will stop the race in case of a major event like a safety car, or if a lot of action is happening at the same time, and allow teams to change their strategy.
Safety car will last 2 laps for one car, and an additional lap for each car involved. (edit: for now it's 1 lap always, until I develop this)
2d. Pace modes
Balanced
Push: 0,25s speed boost, -60 tyre saving PP, 2x chance of mistake/crash.
Tyre Save: 0,3s laptime penalty, +50 tyre saving PP, -100 overtaking PP.
Note that tyre saving PP is less effective at tracks with a low tyre wear stat and vice versa, the same is true for overtake PP.
2e. Safety car rules
During red flag, managers are allowed to change tyres.
During SC, the pitstop is 55% shorter, while during VSC it's 40% shorter. All drivers are put on "Tyre Save" mode.
3. Rewards
After each race the drivers get rewards based on their finishing position.
1652551958459.png

4. Car development
You can use the rewards to buy packages.
1651505561750.png

Last edited:
Last edited:
Since the reception was very good, I thought I'd make the thread.
* The rules at this stage are still a draft, I will be updating the post throughout the week and then hopefully next week we can start the driver bidding phase.
* I was considering adding another pace mode but decided it would complicate things for no reason. The tyre compounds already do a good job controlling pace/tyre usage.

@Tim.E @Sasha Jednak @rubaru @Jimlaad43 @Omer Said @Millsy24 @Lesley Buurlage
And maybe more are interested? The signup is very easy, just team name and 2 colors.

Team name: Red Night Racing
Colors: Red - Black

Questions: :)
1) Qualy is run on max pace, lowest fuel and fastest tyres for everyone, by default?
2) In "let him pass when he is behind", how much is "behind" <1sec, <5sec?
3) I am guessing when enough teams is there, that we will have 1-2 practice races? Or it will be jumping straight into fire? :cool:

1) Qualy is run on max pace, lowest fuel and fastest tyres for everyone, by default?
Yep, and you don't have to start on the qualifying tyres, like the F1 2022 rules.
2) In "let him pass when he is behind", how much is "behind" <1sec, <5sec?
When both drivers would normally start losing time, so around 1-1.5sec
3) I am guessing when enough teams is there, that we will have 1-2 practice races? Or it will be jumping straight into fire? :cool:
Honestly I was thinking to just put you straight into race 1. :devilish: The unknown element will make an interesting start to the championship. But I'm down to see what you guys would prefer.

Maybe not a practice RACE, but certainly some sort of practice. Everyone can send in a couple setups to Milos and he can run a quali lap with it...maybe at Barcelona or Bahrain...or somewhere random like Jerez. Milos can give you the best time from your drivers, and mention that you are X position compared to the others. Or maybe just say you are X seconds off the best time.

Few important questions about SC of course:
1) If race is under heavy rain, will we do few laps under SC or wait for better weather?
2) How many laps takes for SC to go away and will we try to finish under green?
3) Oh almost forgot, what about lapped cars?
I mean, I hope some races will provide this level of excitement (probably wrong word) as last F1 year. :roflmao:

I haven't decided SC rules yet, I think it will last by default 3 laps so if there's less than 3 laps then there is a chance to end the race under SC. During rain it's a possibility but I will have to see how it balances against the wet weather package (purchase).
I only see lapped cars that could aid with giving DRS to the defending car for 1 lap, or potentially hindering the defending car. I'll see if I'll be implementing it. Every car will have the chance of crashing spontaneously of course, Latifi and Mazepin will probably be doing it a lot

I haven't decided SC rules yet, I think it will last by default 3 laps so if there's less than 3 laps then there is a chance to end the race under SC. During rain it's a possibility but I will have to see how it balances against the wet weather package (purchase).
I only see lapped cars that could aid with giving DRS to the defending car for 1 lap, or potentially hindering the defending car. I'll see if I'll be implementing it. Every car will have the chance of crashing spontaneously of course, Latifi and Mazepin will probably be doing it a lot
Perhaps a safety car period could be 1 lap per car off that caused it. So if 2 cars collided and 1 broke down elsewhere that's 3 laps, if there's just 1 car in the wall it's a 1 lap SC.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back