Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You all should have gotten a private message with your team (and stats). Expect the driver signings to start maybe even today, but definitely within the next few days.

I've decided car stats will be private, so each player can only see his stats, and a ranking for each of the parts. I like the mystery element, we haven't done it on RD before and I want to try it :roflmao:
The first post of the PMs will remain updated with the latest info.

Do check that the colour combination is the one you wanted, and that you can see the screenshot. If you can't see the screenshot I'll have to find an alternate way to host them.

And just a reminder - now is the time to follow this thread for updates, if you haven't done it already, because we begin moving at a faster pace now!

This is now the start of the driver bidding!!

List of available drivers:
1651504313980-png.563780

OT Stands for Overtaking and Con stands for Consistency.
List of engines (so you can decide how you want to spend your budget):
1651430652479.png

Renault finishes ~50% of races and Ferrari ~75% of races, so in theory you will get an extra finish every 4 races.
List of car upgrades (so you can decide how you want to spend your budget):
1651505561750-png.563782

The packages in the top table can only be bought for the prices listed in the bottom table. The bottom table signifies how soon your team will receive the upgrade package.
For example, "Delay 5 races" means your team will not receive the benefit until 5 races have passed since the package was bought. (it's meant to be more of a comeback mechanic, but I want to see how this will be used by the top teams as well)

I'll be updating this table in 12-hour intervals, basically the largest bid wins. The bidding goes on until everyone's happy with what they have, or if I feel it's going on for too long I may decide to cut it myself. I will not be revealing the highest bidder (manager) during the bidding process, but I will be revealing the highest bid (amount).

You may have up to 2 active bids at one time.

Each team has a budget of 80 PP, of which:
-50 PP can be used to sign BOTH drivers;
-30 PP can be used to buy an engine and/or car packages, as well as any PP leftover from signing drivers.
-You may notice that the better engines cost 40 PP, if you want the better engine, you should spend no more than 40 PP on your drivers.
-There is no limit on how many teams a single engine supplier can supply.
-You may sign any driver instantly if you offer 50 PP (and I will probably end up adding more drivers like Mazepin that cost 0 PP, so teams don't go bankrupt doing this)
-Once you made a bid you can't pull back on the bid. If nobody offers more for one of your drivers you have to sign them!
-If somebody bid more than you on a driver, you can make a counter-bid
-If a driver hasn't received bids yet, you may offer the same price shown in the chart, otherwise you must give a higher price.

Everything is reasonably balanced, you will notice in the track list that each track has a unique specialty, on some tracks it may be better to have a good driver, compared to a good car or engine. There are many ways to win and I'm curious what you all will can come up with!

What you should do: Send me bids for 2 drivers in our private conversation
Don't need to send me engines yet, until the drivers are all signed.
No deadline, right now we're chilling (but if you want Max you may want to send those bids sooner :coffee: )

Last edited:
Since most managers made their first bids, I am going to post an update to the table
1651504313980-png.563780
I've informed the managers which need to make new bids.
So if I haven't sent you anything you currently have 2 active bids.

Last edited:
For packages, is it possible to:
1) Buy low speed before race 1 for 2.5 (10 race delay)
2) after 2nd race, buy low speed for 10 (immediate)?

It doesn't really make sense, but just to check if those things are possible.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.