Race Department Racing Manager - Season 1

Would you like to see pace modes added after Jeddah?

• FOR (I want pace modes)

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • AGAINST (I don't want pace modes)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ABSTAIN

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • PARTIALLY FOR (I want only the tyre saving mode)

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'll clarify more things:
-The optimal time to pit with the soft tyres is around 15 laps (when the tyre bar only has 1 green box left)
-You can go longer if you wish the driver won't suddenly crash he will only start losing more time.
-An earlier stop can be used in case of attempting an undercut and I've found it is quite powerful, as it is in real life.
-The predicted strategy is based entirely around Leclerc's strategy in the GP and may require extending one of the tyre stints past the optimal point but this is fine.
-Driver tyre stat is more pronounced because Bahrain is a high wear track. (this is why Albon's medium tyres appear more worn)
-The tyre bar only has 4 boxes so it doesn't display an accurate value, only in 1/4ths (this is by design, I didn't want managers doing precise tyre wear math because it adds more complexity).

It could be that Albon's tyres are only 1% more worn than the other medium users but it is enough to make the box red. But it can also be 24% more worn.

Last edited:
-The tyre bar only has 5 boxes so it doesn't display an accurate value, only in 1/5ths (this is by design, I didn't want managers doing precise tyre wear math because it adds more complexity).

It could be that Albon's tyres are only 1% more worn than the other medium users but it is enough to make the box red. But it can also be 19% more worn.
You mean 1/4th, although it doesn't mean anything to us. :D On screenshots it looks like there are 4 boxes for tyre life. Soft runners are at 25%, Albon at 50%, medium runners on 75% and stoppers on 100%.

Bahrain GP Race - Laps 12-24
1652303478694.png

After all the pitstops.
Lap 12 - Verstappen and De Vries.
Lap 13 - Russell and Alonso, Russell stays ahead.
Lap 14 - Magnussen and Piastri. KMag exits the pits right in front of Verstappen! Alonso passes Russell. Piastri slots in behind Zhou on the hards.
Lap 15 - Vettel and Gasly. The pitcrew made a mistake with Vettel, his stop was a bit longer. This led to being jumped by Stroll, Alonso and Russell. Alonso also passes Stroll.

1652304005204.png

LECLERC CRASHES!! As Magnussen made quick work of the medium runners, Leclerc tried to keep up, despite a team order from hightech for Albon to give up the position, Magnussen made more ground. Charles made a daring move on Giovinazzi, which ended his race. Surprisingly, Giovinazzi's car is completely unaffected.
This timing comes very unlucky for Albon, who made a pitstop just before the red flag came out.
Due to the debris on the track, the race director was forced to create a red flag situation, therefore we will continue the race from a standing start and everyone gets to change tyres for free.

Next update runs until lap 31. Send me your new tyres and if you plan to pit before lap 31.
And if you sent me the whole strategy before, you may want to look at altering that :coffee:

Deadline: May 13th 23:59

Last edited:
Magnussen did an insane run on those fresh softs, gaining ~7.4 seconds on Giovinazzi in 3 laps!
I had to check it for bugs, here are the results:

Lap 18:
Magnussen - 1:23.971
Verstappen - 1:25.047
Leclerc - 1:25.090 (before the crash)
Giovinazzi - 1:26.510

It seems very regular to me. Magnussen, while having probably the fastest package on the track, coupled with Bahrain being relatively easy to pass, coupled with everyone else being on slightly worn tyres of the slower compound, while Magnussen had fresh softs, coupled with probably some insane variance, allowed for this masterpiece gaining 7 places in 3 laps.

I will also point out that Magnussen's personal best lap is a 1:23.340, on lap 2. So on lower fuel he should be faster which he is not. So Magnussen, along with Leclerc and Max, are definitely all being affected negatively by the traffic.

My overall conclusion: no bugs :roflmao:

Last edited:
Bahrain GP Race - Laps 19-31

1652388628230.png
Max and Bottas collide at the start, probably because Bottas sent another torpedo. But he forgot Hamilton isn't on the grid, I guess he does it instinctively now. This causes yet another red flag :roflmao:
1652388858286.png
Vettel, now from 4th, makes an insane start and enters the lead!!
1652389058719.png
Vettel pulls away as he typically does, as Giovinazzi on the hard tyre holds up everyone.
1652389179559.png

Zhou has had enough of Giovinazzi's slow pace, and manages to get past both him and Riccairdo with a nice lap!
1652389210117.png

Ricciardo has finally managed to clear Giovinazzi. Zhou is keeping up with the leaders' pace but he is quite far away.
1652389266160.png
1652389291185.png

Russell also clears Gio, as he drops further down the order.
1652389325114.png
1652389346524.png
1652389383692.png

Last edited:
1652389434184.png

Piastri unfortunately retires with a fuel issue.
1652389469049.png
1652389504689.png
Stewards notice:
-Incident involving Leclerc and Giovinazzi has been noted.
-Incident involving Bottas and Verstappen will be reviewed after the race.

Next update runs until the end of the race, so lap 57.

Deadline: May 14th 23:59

Last edited:
Really loving the lap by lap update even if there is no commentary. Gives us a more detailed understanding of what's happening. :thumbsup:
I wanted to experiment with it this update, also with the lap chart (showing the current laps)
Thanks for the feedback, I'll probably keep it then :thumbsup:

Also just to clarify, I put everyone again on fresh tyres after the second red flag. So you all got a lap of free tyre wear basically

Last edited:
Bahrain GP Race - Laps 32-57
32-35.png

Ricciardo lets Russell pass, but Russell makes a slight error and Ricciardo re-passes him. So he has to let him past again. All of this allowed Alonso to close the gap.
Vettel pits for new softs, this time with a great pitstop! He rejoins in quite heavy traffic, but manages to clear it. Note how there is a bug with my fastest lap, but it's not relevant because it was beaten anyway :p
Magnussen also pits 2 laps later, and rejoins cruically in front of Stroll.
36-39.png

Vettel has made up a lot of ground and is again inside the lead battle. He will however, have to make another stop, surely. Magnussen is too starting to clear the traffic around him, but is losing time.
40-43.png

Very eventful 4 laps! Just as Seb took the lead, he first witnessed Stroll retire, and then he himself retired from the lead! Not a good day for Harvey Racing. Russell pits.
43-47.png

Ricciardo and Alonso both pit at the same time, releasing Magnussen into a clear lead. Sadly Alonso's mechanics made a very slow stop, and he drops behind Gasly, who also pitted. That will be a hard final stint for him..
Russell sets a very fast lap on new softs.
48-51.png

Albon has done a very poor job of saving his tyres, as he starts dropping places. Perez is still holding out in P2.
52-55.png

Zhou makes a small error, allowing Russell past, who then passes Perez. Zhou then goes off to retire. Ricciardo also retires just as he too was closing on Perez.
56-57.png

No further changes in the final 2 laps.
Stewards notice:
-No further action for both incidents between Max and Bottas, and Leclerc and Giovinazzi.

Market is now OPEN. In the first post of our private message you can see the updated budget you can spend on packages.
Deadline: May 17th 16:00 CEST
I decided to increase all the rewards, so you all got +4 extra PP, I added this to your budgets.

Last edited:
Some things I forgot:
-Qualifying and the race for Jeddah will both be dry
-I will be posting 2 free practice sessions before qualifying, in this format:
FP1: no new upgrades
FP2: applied delayed upgrades (that were scheduled to arrive at that GP)
this is to allow managers to see the effect of their upgrades.

so, for Jeddah:
1652550028447.png
1652550051618.png

Last edited:
Also let me clarify on the delayed upgrades:
If you buy delay + 5 now, the upgrade will arrive before Monaco
If you buy delay +10, it will arrive before Paul Ricard

I also tidied up the first post for anyone lurking in the thread it's now very clear and easy to sign up :p

Bug report or typo: Magnussen’s finish time of 60min looks like bug. 57x92sec is over 87min.

Race report: that was great first race for us. Start from pole, after first pitstop fantastic few laps. Then beaten with super restart by Vettel. We choose safe strategy and managed to keep car on track and running. Sadly Vettel’s car didn’t survive, but I think there was to few laps to overcome another pitstop he was due. Congrats to all survivors! ;)

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 20 12.5%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 23 14.4%
  • Thursday

Votes: 21 13.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 57 35.6%
  • Saturday

Votes: 93 58.1%