Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys wondering if you can help me out with a setup for the Aquila CR1. Having problems getting the perfect setup for Portimao GP track. Also i am a noob when it comes to setup but lately i have been trying hard to figure it out but need some help understanding where i am going wrong with my setups. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20190819_193855.jpg
    20190819_193855.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 577
Hi Felthat, thanks for getting back to me. I think my biggest problem is that i cant seem to brake late like i should. I keep on locking up. I have played around with my brake settings but not sure if it is my suspension settings being either to soft or to hard.

• Deleted member 748322

Hi Guys wondering if you can help me out with a setup for the Aquila CR1. Having problems getting the perfect setup for Portimao GP track. Also i am a noob when it comes to setup but lately i have been trying hard to figure it out but need some help understanding where i am going wrong with my setups. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Hello
I'm also new to RaceRoom :) and have been having the same problems with setings. Maybe you can try this link:
Read the description below. There's a link to a downloadable document that can help you when deciding what adjustments to make, method that I'm trying to implement and learn something in the process. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Guys, Thanks all for getting back to me and helping me. I really appreciate all your guys help. By the look of things its most likely my brake pressure. Will do a few test runs tonight and see what i get. I will let you guys know later tonight.

Tried more or less everything and doesnt get any better really. Well a bit better but still not pleasant to drive actually. I feel that I have reached the end of cutting time so need to test something new. Anyone care to share a setup for any of the Oscaro-cars (Lynk, Alfa, Golf etc).

Not sure what layout. Here is something to get started. I'm not sure how effective these setups will be as I do believe the cars have been updated physics, turbo etc.
Have fun.

PS: Just checked the leaderboards and some are still in the top 10 so you should be good to go ish.

Attachments

• AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT BRIDGE LB 2 TEST.svm
    6.5 KB · Views: 318
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT BRIDGE LB 4 .svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 241
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT RRR CLASSIC LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 236
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS SPRINT QUAL.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 237
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS SPRINT RACE.svm
    7.1 KB · Views: 245
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT RRR GP LB 2.svm
    6.9 KB · Views: 229
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT RRR GP LB 3.svm
    6.8 KB · Views: 217
  • AQUILA CR1 SPORTS GT RRR NATIONAL LB.svm
    6.4 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
Hi Eric,
Haven't tried the Cupra, but have quite a few hours with the Oscaro(WTCR '19)-cars and the Lynk&Co in particular.
What I've found out is that the baseline setup is a good starting point, and what you adjust and how is highly track-dependent.
In general though, I tend to dial down the diff and preload a bit for less understeer when accelerating out corners, and increase shock rebound stiffness about a click on both front and rear.
Other than that it depends on the characteristics of the circuit you're racing, and these cars are a bit "special" if you will, considering the over/understeering if you're not careful, no ABS etc. You have much experience with FWD race cars from before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back