Status
Not open for further replies.
setup zandvoort.jpg

This should be enough for 1:53:5xx

hint: when entering corners with these cars, be gentle with the brakes and try to not lift of the accelerator completely, try to drive without upsetting the car balance...
be agressive at the little chicane ;-)

Last edited:
Hi Michael,
I'm also looking for a good setup. Looks like people don't want to give away their "secrets" as this is an esports event... I soften the springs in the front more than I did in the rear in order to get more front grip (these FWD vehicles tends to under-steer on acceleration). This helped me to get into the low 1:57's. But obviously not nearly good enough!

I will play around with Setup Developer and Virtual Race Engineer and see if this helps.

Good luck with those lap times.

Thanks for that!

A lot of people have problems because Raceroom dont have a default SRW-S1 wheel profile/template!
How to create a default wheel template in Raceroom for Simraceway SRW-S1 Wheel.
1. Copy the uploaded SRW-S1 Wheel.rcs into the following folder:
\\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\ControlSet
2. Add the following text (between the stipled lines) last into the file steering_wheels.xml which is in folowing path:
\\Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General
-------------------------------------
<key type="uint32">336597048</key> <!-- SRWheel -->
<value>
<vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
<minWheelRange type="uint32">40</minWheelRange>
<maxWheelRange type="uint32">360</maxWheelRange>
<alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">false</alwaysCreateEffects>
<supportsSpringEffect type="bool">false</supportsSpringEffect>
<supportsDamperEffect type="bool">false</supportsDamperEffect>
</value>
-------------------------------------
</SteeringWheels>
</HWInput::SteeringWheelInfoList>

Attachments

• SRW-S1 Wheel.rcs
    18.2 KB · Views: 336
Conserning the compare with RL laptimes then this is more or less complete worthless as a measure of the driver skills or sims "realism".
Because even if the tracks had been laserscanned then the devs have the possibility to set the grip value(friction) just as they want.
I know it from good old NR2003 where people could change these values themselves and be able to set insanely fast laptimes (offline) :)

Probably your Windows dont know which program to use to open/edit xml files.
But they are just plain txt files so you can use Windows standard Notepad.exe to open it.
When you have opened it just paste the mentioned text (between the stipled lines) into the bottom of steering_wheels.xml - just BEFORE the 2 lines shown in my orig advice that is ending the file.
Which means that the file should still be ending with:
</SteeringWheels>
</HWInput::SteeringWheelInfoList>

Good evening everyone,

Apologies for being a newb but I have a couple of questions....... firstly when I go to setup section I cannot alter very much if anything at all, do I have to download a specific pack or do anything specific to be able to tune? I am really enjoying the game and have spent a few hours the last couple of nights practicing and have come to realise that tyres take a couple of laps to reach optimum temperatures so my second question is...... Is there a way to show the tyre temps in game?

Look forward to getting involved with multiplayer with you all soon

Many thanks in advance
Baz

What you can tune depends on the car. Not all cars offer the option to adjust everything, it's usually in par with what you can tune on the real car in the series it represents.

Also be sure that you are using the Get Real mode if you want to tune the cars, if I remember correctly, the lower realism modes limit car setup options.

You can not monitor tyre temps in the game. The game sends tyre temp data as part of the telemetry, so you can use external tools/apps to monitor them, but it only shows core temperatures I believe, while other sims usually show surface temperatures. Personally, I would say it's not worth bothering monitoring temperatures in R3E, but that's just me.

Yes, maybe you right about that, but for example look on this Volvo 240 turbo: no display in car but it's not problem to show information
2Nk4F.jpg
That's why I think tyre temp and other information can be show for all cars in game. but I could be wrong of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes