Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I tried to "set-up" this Merc by myself two days ago...With stock set-up I managed 1:48:x. Then I tweaked it up and got 1:47:x. After another hour of tweaking/testing I managed 1:45:4x.
I really don't know how these other guys managed 1:42:2x. Obviously practice makes perfect....
General rule of thumb is to soften suspension and bump, increase toe-in on front axle, reduce differential power/coast and shorten the gearbox so the max speed on the straight is around 235 km/h. When driving try to make it as smooth as possible and shift only if you need. That means first corner in fifth gear, second corner in third and stadium section in fifth, then in third and fourth gear...

I would say theres no chance of using a baseline setup for any car over and over, your required to setup the car different for every circuit as every circuit is different dude!

But i drive the WTCC alot and they are great to drive but just drive the car on 3-5 laps when tyres are at optimal temps then feels for the cars handling entering,middle and exiting corners then tweek it.. go back out .. and repeat !!! use your practise sessions, but imo this is why we play sims no point running someone elses setup

I've been working on improving my knowledge of setups, but I've really come across an issue that has really set me back, and it's how to remove the understeer from the basic Tatuus F4 setup. It has really been a challenge for me, as I personally much more enjoy a car that oversteers compared to understeer. I've tried rising and lowering the wings along with toe, ride height and the springs, brake bias, but none of it is working too well. The faster turns are really where I lose a lot of my speed, prime examples being turns 3 & 5 at Laguna Seca, both too fast for third gear, but understeers heavily in fourth gear.

In the end, it might come down to the fact that I really overdrive, or something else, but any advice is very welcome.

I'm not very good with setups, but you could try braking earlier. Like, much earlier. I've always been notorious for late braking, knowing full well that it's slower (slow in, fast out) yet unable to prevent myself doing it in the heat of a race. All it really does is cause understeer that ruins your line and forces you to miss apexes. Recently I've been forcing myself to brake earlier by moving my usual brake markers back away from the corner by quite a margin, and you know what? I've gained a lot of time on most tracks and some cars that I felt steered like a pig beforehand have now become much more manageable. :thumbsup:

No clue about raceroom but in assetto corsa the tatuus default setup is like 8/8 on the wings while the quickest wing setting would be more like 11/6!
So if you can, try to go extreme with the wings. Maximum front wing, low rear wing. When you lose the rear in fast turns you know it's too much :p

I'm not very good with setups, but you could try braking earlier. Like, much earlier. I've always been notorious for late braking, knowing full well that it's slower (slow in, fast out) yet unable to prevent myself doing it in the heat of a race. All it really does is cause understeer that ruins your line and forces you to miss apexes. Recently I've been forcing myself to brake earlier by moving my usual brake markers back away from the corner by quite a margin, and you know what? I've gained a lot of time on most tracks and some cars that I felt steered like a pig beforehand have now become much more manageable. :thumbsup:
Thank you very much! I took the advice and found that it did come a good bit from my driving style, I was able to get a 1:23.873 around Laguna Seca when my previous was a mid/low 1:24, made a big difference, thank you.

Anyone have a decent setup for any of the WTCR cars for Hungaroring?

I've been using the default set up and tried a few tweaks, but can't get any of the WTCR 2018 cars faster than 1:58.

Also, does anyone know where there's a setup market for Raceroom, like they have for AC?

Hi Michael,
I'm also looking for a good setup. Looks like people don't want to give away their "secrets" as this is an esports event... I soften the springs in the front more than I did in the rear in order to get more front grip (these FWD vehicles tends to under-steer on acceleration). This helped me to get into the low 1:57's. But obviously not nearly good enough!

I will play around with Setup Developer and Virtual Race Engineer and see if this helps.

Good luck with those lap times.

So what sort of setup are you currently running for the F4?
I'm hard stuck in the 1.45.500s on Algarve/Portimao (Portugal GP).
I'm running everything default except splitter:1 wing:3 90% brake pressure and 54% front brake bias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes