RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would have joined this event, of course, being an open-wheeler fan. Unfortunately, I've not been able to get released from prison (Hospital) I was expected to be released yesterday. Still, not happy about something I do not understand, but I did hear the words high blood pressure or something.
I have noticed my grandson dabbling on the leaderboard not bad for a 10-year-old. Little :poop: :roflmao:
He does iRacing with his dad. He did ask me if he could do the race, but I had to tell him it's against Race Departments rules. (Using somebody else's account}. He was outstanding with that as he said he didn't like the feeling of driving in the rain anyway. :whistling: :laugh:
Anyway, guys, have a good race keep it clean and keep it fun.
But I should be up and ready and raring to go on the next one if it's to my liking.
Until then and beyond, stay safe.

PS Gallstones, key-hole surgical procedure.:sick:

Last edited:
I gave up after a couple of laps. It was impossible to drive and I was already up to 20 incident points.

I also made a huge mistake with tires in race 1 - selecting the wrong compound. Thats what happends when you dont pay attention...

Race 2 was a straight cruise really, @rustymoto kept me focused most of the race....until he didnt and I made a couple of errors. Got back into it again and kept the distance to the flag.

Great racing from where I saw it, did look and sound like there was a bit of action further down? :)

Last edited:
in please
Hi @Oriol, if you sign up late again just go ahead and join us even if I haven't added you to the list, as I rarely check it after 20:00 UTC. You can still join all the way up to 20:30 UTC, after which the server is locked. :thumbsup:

It was impossible to drive and I was already up to 20 incident points.
It's a bug mate. There are no incident points on RD servers, so you won't get kicked and they won't count against your R3E rating either. ;)

Great racing from where I saw it, did look and sound like there was a bit of action further down? :)
Yes indeed, the first race was great fun though absolutely knackering. Big old battle with Nicolas for lap after lap, clearly holding him up but too damn stubborn to let him have the position! :p

We used to do 40+ minute races in these things. Bloody hell. :O_o:

Funny thing was that the soft tires were gone after 10 minutes, litterally driving on the rims, yet the mediums still had more than 80% left after 20 minutes while only slightly slower. Talk about a difference between one compound! :O_o:

4) R3E POSTER 2.png

Welcome to the R3E racing club! This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on Discord... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members can sign up for this event. Sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge! Not a premium member yet but interested in racing with our group of friendly drivers? Click here for more information and learn how you can participate.

Racing Club Rules: Click here or Watch the Video Summary
Incident Reporting: Click here
Server Password: Click here
Discord Server: Click here

We highly recommend that you join us on Discord and that you use an app called Crew Chief, which gives you an audio spotter and much more!

Saturday 30/01/21
Practice Server:
RaceDepartment - Practice
Race Server: RaceDepartment - Racing Club
Class: DTM `92
Track: Twin Ring Motegi - Road Course

Practice: 19:00 UTC (80 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:20 UTC (10 minutes)

Warmup 1: 20:30 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 1: 20:35 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start

Warmup 2: 20:55 UTC (5 minutes)
Race 2: 21:00 UTC (20 minutes) - Standing Start / Reverse Grid

DTM `92: 30 slots
  1. Goffik - Audi #45
  2. Gordie Gunn - Mercedes #4
  3. Des Pearce - Audi #44
  4. ko41 - BMW #10
  5. rustymoto - BMW #15
  6. Redvaliant - Ford #??
  7. PorDallas - BMW #38
  8. Calvyn White - Audi #1
  9. hobsey - Mercedes #3
  10. Jean Jacques Martin - Audi #45
  11. PurgerUK - Ford #51
  12. Steve Le Gallez - BMW #36
  13. Jopamir - BMW #7
  14. Dieter Bromvich - Ford #33
  15. Ingemar Petersson - Mercedes #18 * Prize Draw Winner! *
  16. Free slot
  17. Free slot
  18. Free slot
  19. Free slot
  20. Free slot
  21. Free slot
  22. Free slot
  23. Free slot
  24. Free slot
  25. Free slot

UTP#73

Last edited:
enter-to-win.png

Prize Draw!

As a nice way to end the first month of the New Year, this event will include a prize draw! We have a RaceRoom content code, very kindly donated by @Lars Hansen, to give away to one lucky winner after the racing is finished.

All you have to do to be eligible is sign up for this event and complete both races! The winner will be randomly selected from all participants and announced on Sunday 31st January.

(Small print: Failing to show up or quitting out of either race will invalidate your entry to this competition.)

Additional Information

False Starts

False starts have been added to R3E multiplayer. Be aware that this feature will now be activated in all club events, so make sure you get practicing your standing starts! If you jump the lights you will get a drive-through penalty.

Manual Cooldown Lap

Manual control of the cooldown lap has also been added to R3E. You can enable it in the Gameplay settings menu. This option is user preference, use whichever mode you prefer.

Discord

We will now be using Discord for voice chat during all club events. Click the link above to join the RD Discord server, and then join the RaceRoom voice channel. If you have issues entering the channel, please ensure that you have associated the correct Discord ID with your RD forum account.

I was thinking the BMW #10 that has the orange banner, but then I did 1 lap in the Mustang and blew my BMW leaderboard time right off the chart.
The Opel, Merc and BMW usually yield lap times within a tenth or two of each other for me. I'm :poop: in the Audi.
Mustangs for everyone!

BMW #10 ?:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering