RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back again with V10 #54 if you please. Thanks David and enjoyable conversation last night even though my Mic is a bit squirrely. I will see if I can get that fixed.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: DND
Yeah, but while faster cars may be more fun to drive, they are very often not more fun to race. Long experience shows that the faster and more powerful the class is, the more spread out the pack becomes, the larger the gaps between participants, the less overtaking there is, and the more incidents and crashes there are. It also dissuades rookies from signing up at all.

I was referring to the GT3 series in the poll. I agree that faster than that probably isn't a good idea.

Random question - anyone using a very different setup between practice/race and quali? I'm finding the "perfect" tyres for quali are making the car handle completely differently, and not necessarily much quicker - I guess because the rears are actually warm so more understeer.

Nope, not me. If I make any changes at all it's in practice, then I stick with it. I think changing things up right before a race can lead to mishaps.
Yeh that's my normal approach too. Just surprised at how different the same setup feels between sessions - more pronounced than usual.

The WTCC has had drivers who raced without legs, you can race with blistered feet :p
I don't have throttle or brake controls on my wheel. I'd race with control pad if I could, but I've tried it before and I'd just be a hazard. Not worth the risk of ruining people's races when we have full damage enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes