RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dean would you mind if I post some pics of us to show where the lag was so bad that I could drive right through you?

That won't be necessary Kenny. But thanks. I feel very stupid when it comes to computers. I'm so young mid 20's but i don't know enough about this tech stuff but I'm learning as i tend to learn things the hard way.

I think my gears shifting on their own and my car flickering and disappearing has to do with my wifi connection from my pc to my modem. My pc is upstairs in my room and the modem is on the main floor. My pc is connected too the internet via wifi wirelessly without ethernet cable. Just the standard built in wifi adapter on the pc. After doing some hard research yesterday, i learned that to enjoy smooth and lag free online pc gaming i need to either be connected to the modem/router via Ethernet cable, or install a reliable good wireless PCI-E wifi adapter in my pc. I will be picking up a AC1900 OR AC1300 Asus PCI-E wifi adapter hopefully today and that should make a difference. This wake my internet connection 3x faster. I get 5ghz on my home internet plan but without Ethernet cable or wireless wifi adapter i won't be able to use my internet to its full potential..... See.... I'm learning I'm learning:roflmao:

@SOLO59 I have added powerline adapters so I get virtually ethernet speed in all rooms by connecting the device to a powerline with an ethernet cable. Look up TP Link for more on this.

That won't be necessary Kenny. But thanks. I feel very stupid when it comes to computers. I'm so young mid 20's but i don't know enough about this tech stuff but I'm learning as i tend to learn things the hard way.

I think my gears shifting on their own and my car flickering and disappearing has to do with my wifi connection from my pc to my modem. My pc is upstairs in my room and the modem is on the main floor. My pc is connected too the internet via wifi wirelessly without ethernet cable. Just the standard built in wifi adapter on the pc. After doing some hard research yesterday, i learned that to enjoy smooth and lag free online pc gaming i need to either be connected to the modem/router via Ethernet cable, or install a reliable good wireless PCI-E wifi adapter in my pc. I will be picking up a AC1900 OR AC1300 Asus PCI-E wifi adapter hopefully today and that should make a difference. This wake my internet connection 3x faster. I get 5ghz on my home internet plan but without Ethernet cable or wireless wifi adapter i won't be able to use my internet to its full potential..... See.... I'm learning I'm learning:roflmao:
@SOLO59 I have added powerline adapters so I get virtually ethernet speed in all rooms by connecting the device to a powerline with an ethernet cable. Look up TP Link for more on this.
I am very lucky, my PC sits beside my router and is wired as is the server one. Also since my wife's Tivo has it's own I'm the only person in the house that's ever online. Pity faster connection speed doesn't translate to faster racing speed.:D

Good racing today all!
First race became a disaster at the end 4 laps in a row my tire touched the curb in t1 and i recieved a 8 sec slow down penalty.
In the second race everything was running to plan than i put 1 tire on the kerb and took a 8 sec penalty which nearly cost me my lead.
I heard guys talking about toe in toe out and pretty sure i heard someone say they were using - toe in the front?
RRE you should be using + toe in the front and - toe in the rear
+ toe turns the tires out allowing for better turn in on the fronts
- toe turns the tire in and will will help with turn in stability and keeps the rear from coming out
EDIT: i stand corrected RRE uses the opposite of what i stated above....Maybe ive been tuning my cars backwards and thought the rear was the front ? lol

the tune i used on both tracks
increased both the front and rear arb +1 click
Front toe .25 rear 0.00
Brakes 100% pressure
Brake balance 55/45

Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:
Thx for tonight event.I realy like this small cars.First race i started from last place and finish race in second place :D.In race 2 i start from last place once again and finish on 7th place.I have 2 maybe 3 mistakes in second race.Can wait for next event with this litlle cars.Once again thx for tonight guys :).

Thank you @motoxy! During my extensive research, I came across usb wireless adapter, PCI-E wireless adapter, Ethernet 50ft cable and like you suggested a wifi powerline adapter.

The most reliable solution would be PCI-E adapter or the powerline adapter. But I think the PCI-E adapter it's more powerful. Idk, I'll See what i get. Also, i read that switching "channels" for your wifi i think will improve your connection too. I don't remember exactly how this works but sources say it works.

@Kenny Paton maybe if you wired an Ethernet cable through your ear to your brain and hook it up to the router than maybe you'll pick up a few seconds per lap. I think i might try this myself as i need some improvements to my driving as well;)

SOLO, I think 5 Ghz is just the frequency the data is delivered on. Opposite is 2.4 Ghz or 2.7 Ghz. But it won't matter much. I think your WLAN adapter should be okay. The problem in my eyes is your distance between computer and modem/router. No matter what you use, the waves will always have a hard time taking corners and walls. Your best bet for online gaming would be a cable. Can be unplugged right after a race. Or you try those repeaters or powerline adapters where your data is indeed running through current to the second plug.

Hope you're okay mate and get better soon.:)
Well, a trip to the emergency-room today told me it was a little worse than I thought.
Broken thumb, couple of torn ligaments in the hand and a pretty spectacular collection of bruises. :D
I'll give it a few days, and then see if I can drive with this friggin' cast on.
If not, I'm out until early January.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play