RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got wrecked 2nd lap by hitting spinning car no ones fault just super frustrating so no point staying, maybe should consider turning off full damage in future races?

Last edited:
XXX frustration that time after time got hit from behind
when you have a dog fight with a guy in front for some laps and really don´t
want to push that guy off track. And very often a fast guy that spun a lap or some curves
back.Sucks

Really enjoyed that.... but man I’m off the pace

came downstairs to this on the TV ....

however the missus was asleep ( my driving probably bored her to it !!! ) so hopefully she missed all my spins ......

Attachments

• 84D344F0-CA85-4AD4-9882-3110E835F9DC.jpeg
    84D344F0-CA85-4AD4-9882-3110E835F9DC.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
Got wrecked 2nd lap by hitting spinning car no ones fault just super frustrating so no point staying, maybe should consider turning off full damage in future races?
Sorry to hear that - sounds frustrating! - but I guess that's why there's two races?

I really enjoyed the format and the racing was brilliant I thought. See u all next week!

Last edited by a moderator:
Phew, first thoughts after the race.
That was my 2nd ever race in R3E, did the first in 2017! So imagine my surprise when I was in P3 in R1. I was super nervous and on top of that, my pedals started to slide awayfrom me. So I was very cautious and probably unpredictable in the first few laps in R1. Then again, I didnt try to block on purpose or anything, so sorry if you were stuck in the train I was creating.

Second race was horrible though. Touched @Casper Hougaard going into the final chicane, and while moving offline to wait for him I blocked and made contact with @Derek44. Sorry to both of you.
It got even worse though. A few laps later I had a bit of a brain fart and missed my braking point by a country mile at the same corner. I had a real "and at that moment he knew he ****ed up" moment and tried to get on the grass to not hit anyone. Unfortunately I made contract with @rustymoto who in turn crashed into @Ingemar Petersson. I didn't see that though and since Nicolas was able to continue, I thought we were all good and didn't wait. Sorry Ingemar if that ruined your race

That was my 2nd ever race in R3E, did the first in 2017! So imagine my surprise when I was in P3 in R1. I was super nervous and on top of that, my pedals started to slide awayfrom me. So I was very cautious and probably unpredictable in the first few laps in R1. Then again, I didnt try to block on purpose or anything, so sorry if you were stuck in the train I was creating.

Second race was horrible though. Touched @Casper Hougaard going into the final chicane, and while moving offline to wait for him I blocked and made contact with @Derek44. Sorry to both of you.
It got even worse though. A few laps later I had a bit of a brain fart and missed my braking point by a country mile at the same corner. I had a real "and at that moment he knew he ****ed up" moment and tried to get on the grass to not hit anyone. Unfortunately I made contract with @rustymoto who in turn crashed into @Ingemar Petersson. I didn't see that though and since Nicolas was able to continue, I thought we were all good and didn't wait. Sorry Ingemar if that ruined your race
no problem , its racing :)

Got wrecked 2nd lap by hitting spinning car no ones fault just super frustrating so no point staying...
There's always a point in staying... not least because it is what is specifically asked for in the info post. There's also a second race so a bad first race does not mean all is lost.

... maybe should consider turning off full damage in future races?
Afraid not. This is a points-based series which is meant to be a step up from our regular club racing, so that means full damage is enabled. I understand that it can be frustrating if your car gets totalled, but that's one of the risks of real racing too.

came downstairs to this on the TV ....
I'm on TV! My 15 minutes of fame is complete. Speaking of which, my deepest apologies if I mis-pronounced anyone's name during the stream. :p

The whole event was great fun from my point of view. This class was definitely the right choice as the racing was close from start to finish in both races. Looked great as a broadcast, so I kind of wish I could have found a proper commentator to do it justice. Congratulations to our podiums, and I really should have remembered the Driver of the Day feature during the stream. I would have awarded it to @Jopamir for his excellent win in race one and 10th to 2nd drive in race two. Great stuff mate. :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who raced tonight, I hope you enjoyed yourselves, and I hope to see you all for rounds 3 & 4 next week! Results to follow shortly. :cool:

This was really fun! First race, lined up 2nd. Forgot to put 1st in and once I realised that I was already way back... :( Fought my way back up and had a great battle with Hansen amongst others.

In the second race I unfortunately spun Merino on the 3rd lap or someting, very sorry about that. :thumbsdown: Had great drive back up the order once again in close fight with Merino.

All in all a fun night! :)

Watching it all back right now ..... it does look great on the TV !

weird seeing yourself and hearing your name being called out .... shame the back end stepped out on me in that first , I was up to P12 ( mostly due to others misfortunes I might add and not my skill )

Attachments

• 9DDAE939-8931-4E73-9859-A0EB1E1447BF.jpeg
    9DDAE939-8931-4E73-9859-A0EB1E1447BF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52
And to think you wondered if the R3E EU Club was dying a week ago, eh? ;)
Mate, I would have been happy with 15-20 drivers for this series. To have nearly 30 lining up on the grid is truly outstanding... we were four three away from a full server. Nights like this are why I'm on RD's staff. It isn't the racing that keeps me plodding on, it's hearing a bunch of guys chatting away excitedly after an event I've put together for them. So yeah, I'm more than happy tonight. :)

Last edited:
Absolutely fantastic fun. :D
Lots of close duels, and superb racing overall.
Not sure I can attend every race due to working every other week-end, but I'll sure as hell make every effort to get there.

@Nabbor1 Great racing. That outside move in Race 1 was just beautiful.
Suddenly you were just there, I had to check the replay to figure out what had happened. :roflmao:

@Calvyn White Again, my apologies for the contact in Race 2. I think I just got on the throttle a fraction earlier.
Not really the way I wanted to end that particular duel. :(

You featured a fair bit in the stream Lars, your battles with various people were great fun to watch. And you car was pretty too. :)

I know, I just watched it. Though it's a little weird seeing your name on screen like that. :D

And just in case I haven't mentioned it lately, thank you very much for putting up these events and live-streams.
I know from experience how much of a hassle it can be, so it's truly appreciated. :)

No worries! This was my 4th or 5th race on R3E, so I am getting to grips too. I think later on we went 2-wide through the whole first sector, which was super-clean and good fun. :thumbsup:

They were both entertaining races for me, despite spinning in both of them (some unforced errors into Stowe and then hitting the sausage kerb at club after losing view of my reference). I had a minor temptation to switch mfr for the next round but think I'll stick with this orange beast for the series.

"To finish first, first you must finish...". Or in my case... 20th :laugh:

you should join us on race (although I fear the way you manage to always mess up my concentration ahaha )
Hahaha, I might join the next one just to put you off! :D

Just kidding, I enjoyed the stream and even started getting into the swing of commentary towards the end. Haven't watching it back to hear how terrible I sound, but it felt ok at the time! Hopefully streaming all the events will help people see how fun it is so they'll come and join future races. :thumbsup:

(Yes, these series are very likely going to become the permanent format for the R3E club if their popularity continues.)

Oh, and I just finished the results and then the spreadsheet crashed before I'd saved it. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back