RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry ken, I am having issues getting r3e online right now (503 errors) I was hoping switching PC's here on my side and another dsl router would clear this up, but still having very spotty connections for this game. Go figure iracing works though...
Rich
Some people seem to have trouble others none, I can't explain it. Was this after the update?

sorry Kenny but it was impossible for me to drive. I know i always find it impossible to drive but usually it is my fault.:p Hope you can fit someone else in. Have fun youall.:thumbsup:

sorry Kenny but it was impossible for me to drive. I know i always find it impossible to drive but usually it is my fault.:p Hope you can fit someone else in. Have fun youall.:thumbsup:
I wonder what's happened, that's the second time since the update with a full grid we've had problems on 2 different servers. I'm wondering is it would be better to run 2 servers and put half n' half to ease the load.

Mirrors , mirrors , mirrors :(.THX.O i forgot.This is second time when we have a full grid , and i have problem with , flying , flickering , dissapering etc cars.When we play with 14/15 drivers everything is ok , but this is second time when we have full grid nad gae is very difficult to drive for me.I set up video from very low , and I have still problem :(.

Last edited:
my client crashed when race start cinematic started :(
Mirrors , mirrors , mirrors :(.THX.O i forgot.This is second time when we have a full grid , and i have problem with , flying , flickering , dissapering etc cars.When we play with 14/15 drivers everything is ok , but this is second time when we have full grid nad gae is very difficult to drive for me.I set up video from very low , and I have still problem :(.
If you read my post above #71, then you can see what I'm suggesting. The other thing I wonder is if the server host sets the graphics level which is the biggest bandwidth hog. I'm going to see if S3 devs can answer that. Far too many races being spoilt for people at the moment.
On a side issue the game crashed 4 times for me and froze my pc once.

Yeah massively disappointed, made a mistake and coped a slow down, and from there just a chain reaction of getting rear ended with the final hit putting me in the wall and damaging the engine.

Looking at the replay though the last hit was like I wasn't even there, so I'm wondering if I was actually flickering and showed up in front of the poor bloke in the black merc out of no where.

I'm almost worried that it may be my net that is stuffing the rest of you, been from oz and all.

Good race. I got into the back of someone (apologies) in Spoon on the second lap due to a lag issue (they suddenly jumped two car lengths ahead) and spun but managed to claw back to P4. Special thanks to everyone who spun/crashed in front of me, I couldn't have done it without you! :p

Its been like this since I got the program, this last update is alittle better for me with offline, I can run online by myself, as soon as other cars come onto the track all hell breaks loose. I was really hoping moving the gaming pc from a wireless connection to the ethernet direct connection would have solved the latency problem but it does not seem to have improved the issue. The new router is going to be a work in progress I suppose, if not that than I am going to have to consider verizon fios, a cable subscription would just be cost prohibitive for me right now (I already have Verizon phone and internet service).

Keep me on the list, hopefully I can work this out in the next few days.

Rich

Thanks for the race, something similar happen to last Sunday. At the end of a race (like last 5 min) I was driving completely alone with constant "Blue Flag" from Crew Chief - with grid like 15-20 everything is going fine, but with full grid it's not that good. Congratulations for podium & see you on next one!

Yeah massively disappointed, made a mistake and coped a slow down, and from there just a chain reaction of getting rear ended with the final hit putting me in the wall and damaging the engine.

Looking at the replay though the last hit was like I wasn't even there, so I'm wondering if I was actually flickering and showed up in front of the poor bloke in the black merc out of no where.

I'm almost worried that it may be my net that is stuffing the rest of you, been from oz and all.

Were you driving a Mclaren?
If so your connection could be a possibility......there was a mclaren at the beggining of the race, that was flickering and when it re appeared it would be at different places on the track. I was racing side by side for a few turns than the car appeared 3 places ahead ? there ping was 287 to mine. Once that mclearen was out of sight i never had a flicker after that and the highest ping was 160 to mine and had no issues what so ever.
Sorry to Keith for the bump.
Had a few good laps battling ralf than i clipped the grass trying to avoid/pass and spun into the wall killing my engine with 2 min left :(
Better luck next week

I was almost done typing my post but it suddenly disappeared. Something else to add to my frustration. I'll keep this short.

Qualy P13 and finished the race P7

Flickering was pretty bad at the start with a lot of the cars for the first couple of laps.

My car was shifting gears all on its own. almost impossible to drive consistently. This has never happened to me before. I am using a new wheel but this should not happen. upshifting/downshifting completely on its own on straights anywhere on any corner almost all the time?????? I don't know how I finished the race. But this issue needs to be fixed asap rocky man. If this shifting problem has to do with R3E, then S3S, put down whatever you are doing and please fix this issue. Very Very Very frustrating. It would even jump up 3 gears when exiting out of a slow corner. That prevented me from accelerating fast out of the corner and onto the long straight where I need to be fast.

Congrats to the podium you guys where fast! And thanks Kenny Lars for hosting and organizing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes