RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tonight's (2/11) event is postponed until 2/18 due to R3E connections issues. We should have no excuses not to have had enough practice.:sleep:

You, me and Bart? :thumbsup:
3jajku.jpg

If the real cars didn't have power/coast adjustment then it's very unlikely to be brought back to this class in R3E. About the physics, I think it's all a matter of preference. DTM `92 was my favourite class before the December patch, and they still are now. Despite feeling decidedly different, to me they still have the same kind of character.

I mean, if you watched these beasts race for real, the last thing you saw was stability. They were generally all over the place, sliding through corners, jumping curbs, running on two wheels, etc. It's what made this class so much fun to watch (along with the other true touring cars of the period), and I think R3E does a really good job of capturing that feeling.

I'm someone who generally prefers stable cars when racing competitively, but these are the exception because they're so much fun to throw around. They're also one of the few classes I bother to drive on my own outside of club racing, because they're far more fun than hotlapping in a stable GTR 3, for example.

But that's just me. We all have our own preferences and ideas of what's fun. We also have a dedicated thread for discussion on DTM `92 physics. :)

Sign me out, please.
You're right, I shouldn't have posted that particular topic in this thread, so I removed it. Got to stop doing that.:sleep:

I must admit I've never seen these cars race on this track. Maybe something on YouTube. There is obviously a power difference between the cars especially on the track of this size with a focus on high speeds. Hence the absence of the Mustang. It also shows quite a difference between the handling of the cars on this track. On smaller tracks, I should imagine these cars are a dream to drive. But on this track, each one shows there differences. Especially in turn 3, Schlossgold, Turn 5, Wurth Kurve.
I'm getting off-topic again. D'oh.

I'm working on some setups. And I'll post them before leaving for a weekend away. That's if I remember.
Have a good clean race as it should be as there's plenty of room.
Have fun.

Last edited:
Welcome @Lucky Chopp I think you will find this club to your liking as we are a bunch of people that love to race hard and clean. Be sure to check out the video in OP for club rules and we'll see you on track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back