RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh yeah baby, Sonoma/Sears Point/Infineon Raceway, sign me up please:laugh:.
_Sears_Point-1986-08-03.jpg

Last edited:
Im in Fo Sho!!!

Oh yes! Fabcar time!! Great track too. I'm in.

Im in. This will help me ease the pain of indy leaving sonoma

Do I know Sonoma? Nope.
Am I familiar with Group 5 cars? Not a clue.
Will I be there? You betcha. :thumbsup:

In, please:)

Oh yeah baby, Sonoma/Sears Point/Infineon Raceway, sign me up please:laugh:.
View attachment 319063

All in guys

Great racing tonight! really struggled with braking on these cars but managed to settle in and only make a few mistakes. looking forward to Group 5, one of my favorite classes next to the new fr90 cars.

can't get teamspeak to be loud enough to be heard over game sounds, but at least you all didn't have to listen to my fan this time:)

I had the same problem with Team Speak and Crew Chief being way too low. What I've done was lowered the game's volume using the Volume Mixer (right clicking the speaker icon on my task bar). Then I had to lower Crew Chief to about half of the volume of Team Speak, so now TS the loudest, then Crew Chief followed by the games sounds. Wearing headphones, I can make sure that the game sounds are comfortable, and the chat and crew chief aren't loud booming voices of God. Too me, lowering the volume works better than trying to boost Crew Chief to 11 and then taking Team Speak to 12.

My crew chief said, "Ah hell with it! It's all yellow flags all damn day!" :laugh::roflmao::laugh:

I am surprised he didn't say, "That damn Otis! He's off again". :laugh:

This will be a lesson in why not to mess with success. By the end of the race I had about 26 liters of fuel left, so I figured I would lighten the load for race #2. I took 20 liters, even though I though I could go lighter...

The race started out fine, and the car felt quicker but it no longer felt settled on any of the turns. I did my best to be competitive while dealing with the different feel, but I was not able to keep it up for the whole 2nd race. Once I lost it, I couldn't calm down enough to deal with going from mid pack to last. Then it was mistake, after mistake. Not my best performance, but I did learn to like the car before I screwed it up. :cry:

This I think will be the biggest challenge to date the horsepower being delivered in a variety of methods with cars 30-40 years old and the elevation changes will be as exciting to watch as it will be exhilarating to drive.

Well...

Kinda hard to start the race on pole and screw it up as badly as I did. I have found that there are times when I just know no matter how hard I try I am gonna screw it up. In race 1 Bock and I were having a good battle. About four or five laps in I was heading into the second hairpin and just knew things were not going to end well coming out. I even tried modulating the go-fast pedal but ended up looping it.

I think I get nutted up when I get that "Lovin'Feelin'" and make it worse, thus causing the incident I foresee...

A few laps later I had another off trying to charge back up the field and that kinda screwed it up for me.

Second race I started 7 and was moving up until I ran into a roadBock in the last complex. Bock had an off and we tangled when he came back on track. It was racing, so no issues, and I did not lose much time. I managed to make it up to fourth and on the front straight Efrain slowed and we tangled. I sent him off and slowed but he went deep into the infield.

Efrain: My bad. Apologies.

Fun times though. The cars do not handle like the skippies in iChasing but they have a charm of their own.

Well...

Kinda hard to start the race on pole and screw it up as badly as I did. I have found that there are times when I just know no matter how hard I try I am gonna screw it up. In race 1 Bock and I were having a good battle. About four or five laps in I was heading into the second hairpin and just knew things were not going to end well coming out. I even tried modulating the go-fast pedal but ended up looping it.

I think I get nutted up when I get that "Lovin'Feelin'" and make it worse, thus causing the incident I foresee...

A few laps later I had another off trying to charge back up the field and that kinda screwed it up for me.

Second race I started 7 and was moving up until I ran into a roadBock in the last complex. Bock had an off and we tangled when he came back on track. It was racing, so no issues, and I did not lose much time. I managed to make it up to fourth and on the front straight Efrain slowed and we tangled. I sent him off and slowed but he went deep into the infield.

Efrain: My bad. Apologies.

Fun times though. The cars do not handle like the skippies in iChasing but they have a charm of their own.

No problem Greg it was a racing incident. I was under pressure you were getting closer and closer at every turn but at the end we all had fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes