Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

I didn't try any more reduction of graphics but it will be necessary to have smooth visuals when we race there. A positive note though, the wheel felt great there with the Classic settings you can really feel the curbs and undulations.

Last edited:
Possibly some bad news heading my way in terms of getting a wheel. The missus and daughter had to be seen by the hotel doctor today with both getting some intravenous medication (ear infection for the wife and gastroentiritus for the daughter). Just in the clinic again for the same tonight and due back in the morning for final treatment hopefully. It's going to cost a packet although won't find out until the morning so my wheel funds will have to be used to fund part of it :/

I'll update you as soon as i know as it will impact on when i can join you guys in the league if the money does have to get used :thumbsdown:
As my job is selling travel insurance this makes me wince

I didn't try any more reduction of graphics but it will be necessary to have smooth visuals when we race there. A positive note though, the wheel felt great there with the Classic settings you can really feel the curbs and undulations.

The next patch is supposed to improve the graphics and tearing by about 7%. A patch came out yesterday and someone on the ppCARS forum said Oulton Park was improved, but tat was not listed in the patch notes.

Well the news was as bad as expected. Both had their final treatments this morning and the final bill came to just shy of £1,500 (around 17,600 Egyptian pounds). Bright side is both are now well and we can enjoy the rest of the holiday but the bad news is my wheel fund has gone completely.

I did take out travel insurance so will get most of that back but am not expecting to see it particularly quickly with the way these things work over here.

That wheel feels further away than ever now :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
On the bright side Peter they fixed the controller issue. And we have a lot of players using the controller in the league.

I don't think there ever was a controller issue, just the game is much more difficult than people are used to. I hope they haven't dumbed things down to make it easier on the pad.

Although the game is still fun on a pad i can't really see myself running in a league with it... I'm a wheel guy through and through and don't have the pace or consistency to run online with a pad.

Well the news was as bad as expected. Both had their final treatments this morning and the final bill came to just shy of £1,500 (around 17,600 Egyptian pounds). Bright side is both are now well and we can enjoy the rest of the holiday but the bad news is my wheel fund has gone completely.

I did take out travel insurance so will get most of that back but am not expecting to see it particularly quickly with the way these things work over here.

Glad to hear they are doing okay. PM me about wheel options that may work in the meantime if you wish. But otherwise, the important thing is...your family is healthy. Wheels can wait, although I know you are hugely disappointed.

On another note, I thought you had universal health insurance over there. Does that not go with you when you travel? :O_o: Seems kind of pointless then seeing how the EU is so connected....

On another note, I thought you had universal health insurance over there. Does that not go with you when you travel? :O_o: Seems kind of pointless then seeing how the EU is so connected....
No if you don't buy it per trip or annually you don't get it. Makes us appreciate our NHS that's for sure. Don't get me started on the EU lol. Just feel sorry for the locals that would never have been able to afford the treatment... must cost so many lives :poop:

Actually there is a scheme for medical attention in Europe where you have to have an E111 card which can get you some treatment for free or reduced cost while visiting participating countries. I forgot about that but of course Egypt isn't part of that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What does easier access mean to you?

• Free access

Votes: 70 72.9%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Better structured forum

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • Standard game content