Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Army of bmws is the norm as so ive experienced online thus far...lol ruf not the fastest but handles pretty decent right out the box...slowing from high speed into turns is my downfall with this car..sonomas first two turns after straight had me pulling out my hair last nite...less deceleration on dif should help correct or do I have that backwards.

Army of bmws is the norm as so ive experienced online thus far...lol ruf not the fastest but handles pretty decent right out the box...slowing from high speed into turns is my downfall with this car..sonomas first two turns after straight had me pulling out my hair last nite...less deceleration on dif should help correct or do I have that backwards.
I ran the RUF at Sonoma (love that track), and had it as one of my top three choices. The Trick with turn 2 (Uphill Right) is you have to downshift while blipping the throttle. Also look at your brake mapping (downshift RPM's). It was the fastest car at Sonoma, but I needed the straight line speed of the Beamer at Silverstone. You will have a distinct advantage when we go to tighter more handling dependent tracks.

Ok cool bout to get on there and try sum of those ffb settings.and mess with this ruf a bit.....that isif I can move .lol all day of laying under a dash has me sore.. Not to mention the wonderful jungle like weather here in north carolina prob lost ten pounds sweating all day..anyone in the states trying to run sum laps later hit me up..

So this is what happened when I pitted. I put Softs on like my saved Pit Strategy, but somehow my Pressures were changed to 2.43 on all wheels???? So it was like I driving around on basketballs instead of Tom Brady Footballs. I think since we are only dealing with partly cloudy Im just going to delete the other saved stops and double check my strategy before the race. You only have a 1.5 seconds to make a decision.

So this is what happened when I pitted. I put Softs on like my saved Pit Strategy, but somehow my Pressures were changed to 2.43 on all wheels???? So it was like I driving around on basketballs instead of Tom Brady Footballs. I think since we are only dealing with partly cloudy Im just going to delete the other saved stops and double check my strategy before the race. You only have a 1.5 seconds to make a decision.
So does this happen on all saved pit strategies or was this a one-off blip? I haven't done a pit stop yet so a bit sure how it all works in the game.

It seems pretty consistent with snapping and unsnapping, I may just try and do a save replay and then upload it to Twitch and on to Youtube.
Another thing to remember about using the apps is that they don't close automatically after using them but lie in the background using up resource. I guess so they can be used quicker. I don't know whether that might have anything to do with the trouble you are having. Maybe try ensuring all apps are fully quit before racing. Highlight the app tile, select the menu button and then select the quit option. If quit shows as the bottom option then the app is still running in the background and eating up precious resource that the game can't use as a result. I only discovered this when i suddenly found that my game started getting really jerky at certain points on the track. On checking i found for our five apps were still active but doing what i outline solved the problem.

Is this an issue they are working on in the first patch? Seems to be something they have real problems with following on from Shift 2 as well.
This will be in patch 2.0 as they call it. The first was released with the game (1.2) and the second (1.3) is coming any day. This will be after that I understand. Probably a lot of back and forth with Thrustmaster and Microsoft. But worth it I'm sure. Also, for a change, they have stated they will concentrate on adding tracks, not cars, although both will be added. I really think we have sort of a "beta" version, but even then it blows away everything before it. I'm sure it will evolve into the gold standard we had all hoped for upon release.

Also just watched the career video for gt3 and it says that refuelling isn't allowed

"GT3" is a huge class of cars, some sanctioned by different bodies even. Go to the British GT site and download the 100 page sporting regulations guide for a better understanding of that specific series. They actually have 1, 2, and 3 hour races. All have different rules. And all require a driver change. The one hour race does not refuel, but the others do. Since there is no way to enforce a mandatory pit stop unless we have a Forza style video replay, I opted for letting the fuel make one mandatory in the long races. However, that's not to say a stop might not make you faster, especially considering you will have lighter fuel and fresh tires. Personally, I think it's something to seriously think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back