Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Nonetheless it is very disappointing to hear of so many problems with the wheel in a game that they had so long to get right. It's one of those things that i hoped would not be an issue in all honesty after all the delays. Losing ffb and connection to the wheel is just poor in my view and some of it sounds really frustrating and just a continuation of the issues from Shift 2 which you would think they would have learned from.

Loosing ffb is what I experience in Forza Mototsport 5. Since I have followed the recommended guidelines for powering up two controllers (an xbox issue, apparently) it happens far less often in pCARS. I guess there just wasn't as vibrant wheel community to jump on these sorts of things at Turn 10. What's more, I think it's a Thrustmaster issue, personally. (I'll take the trade off).

Two patches within two weeks of the game's release and more on the way within 10 days plus probably at least 20 more tracks waiting in the wings, dozens of free cars and constant improvements in a game that is damn near everything we have been asking for in racer? When is the last time you remember Forza ever patching something at all? Or Codemasters taking less than a month and then mumbling some excuse while moving on to the next title they will trumpet to the high lords of racing?

For me, right now, it's CM that's on the chopping block. I'm more than happy with how much SMS got out of the xbox, which is reportedly more than CM is able to do at the moment in a title with about 80% less car and track content.

I agree with most there Robert but it still has me scratching my head why after all this time in development such obvious issues have slipped through. After the announcement of each delay it was highlighted how the delays were so they could get it just right for release rather then have to send out a stream of patches. It's good they are getting the patches out there but just something that shouldn't really have been necessary. We have said many times before that we are the beta testers of these games and this one is no different despite the length of time and different development process it took to get it to us. It only really leaves us to ponder that the testing on the XBO on the main wheel for that platform (TX) was not particularly extensive.

CM are not part of the equation here... its irrelevant what they are doing. I'm just stating that there are things that have slipped through the net that surprise me in pCars after such a long and apparently extensive development period.

These criticisms do not mean that I think the game is anything less then fantastic (even without the wheel) but the expectation was so high that the issues have been a little bit surprising.

That link you posted didn't go to any information about booting up two controllers. Is that what they claim you have to do now? It just went to a thread about the TX losing ffb and how to get it back. Not very good in the middle of a race though. I hope this doesn't spoil anyones race tonight.

With a bit of luck all these problems will have been ironed out by the time I get on board.

Last edited:
I think we might need to reschedule this event until we can get a more stable Multiplayer Experience. I wasn't expecting this Level of Confusion and Malfunction on the part of the Online Multiplayer system. It's actually quite ridiculous. When I can make it into a room my mic either works or it doesn't. I can drive a few laps but the game keeps crashing on me. I even did a full reboot of my whole console so that no other apps were running, no dice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes