Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

One of the best, if not THE best GT3 series on the planet is right here in the U.S. and is little known. It's called the Pirelli World Challenge and mainly supports the IndyCar series; telecast on CBS Sports. They will be at Belle Isle this weekend and run the same GT3 spec that we run. Some of the best drivers ever, not just in GT, but I mean ever, are in that series. Berretta, Gavin, Pappis, Leitzinger, O'Connell, Dyson...well, you get the picture. FIA spec sprint races. Two per weekend. Check it out.

http://www.world-challenge.com/

When selecting the car push Y for "My Garage" and then select your car and make sure you push A when you get the livery you want, then that should be e car that you choose.

That is what I do, but when I go into the free practice run it still puts me into a random different livery. I just didnt know if it was a game thing or if I was doing something wrong.

Good news for wheel users
Schucks, I was really liking the feel of the wheel and now they plan on going and changing that. Hopefully our settings will still work with maybe a little less Tire Force required. I'm happy with the Classic Settings. It's the Stability of the Wheel as a controller that bugs me. Having the FFB drop off when Unsnapping or occasionally when leaving the Pits (Experienced this just yesterday). I've also noticed if you let the wheel sit for a bit, say during a pause menu or it doesn't respond anymore. Lights are on but "nobody is home". I had this happen several times yesterday as well. I had to fire up my controller to move it out of the menu, then pull the battery out of said controller after rebooting my wheel to get a wheel response.
And this is probably more Xbox related but occasionally I will boot up my wheel, it will go through the calibration and then......................nothing. I have to change USB ports. Once I change USB ports the wheel works fine. Have you experienced anything like this Robert. Perhaps I'm not following the Boot-up Procedures properly?

Schucks, I was really liking the feel of the wheel and now they plan on going and changing that. Hopefully our settings will still work with maybe a little less Tire Force required. I'm happy with the Classic Settings. It's the Stability of the Wheel as a controller that bugs me. Having the FFB drop off when Unsnapping or occasionally when leaving the Pits (Experienced this just yesterday). I've also noticed if you let the wheel sit for a bit, say during a pause menu or it doesn't respond anymore. Lights are on but "nobody is home". I had this happen several times yesterday as well. I had to fire up my controller to move it out of the menu, then pull the battery out of said controller after rebooting my wheel to get a wheel response.
And this is probably more Xbox related but occasionally I will boot up my wheel, it will go through the calibration and then......................nothing. I have to change USB ports. Once I change USB ports the wheel works fine. Have you experienced anything like this Robert. Perhaps I'm not following the Boot-up Procedures properly?

First off, this wheel is being about 40% utilized. Just ask the PC owners who use xbox. It's night and day. The ffb is broken and it's a very well known issue. What I think you are feeling now is the "upgrade" from playing with the 360 and that Fanatec. Even though Forza is not on point, the tire feel on the road is 1000x better...and if their model is nowhere near as sophisticated, then we are in for a real nice upgrade. Currently, I don't get much road feel (not the bumps, but the actual tire interaction with the road) that the SETA model promises. When they get it patched right, my bet is that you will feel like you have died and gone to road racing heaven. I could go on and on about small thinks that are missing, like torque steer, gear jolts, slip angles, and a much greater sense of when you are on the edge of traction, but until you feel it, it's really not possible to describe. Just wait and see for yourself. Hopefully they will do it right. It better be much more than just a reset of tire force. As to the other issues, I suspect some will be fixed and some involve the wheel. I had the same loss of ffb in Forza.

This is not to say the current state is the best we have ever experienced in the console, because it is...but it can and (hopefully) will be so much deeper. That was the original promise. And they need to deliver. I don't want to have a game that's great but has the physics sophistication of Codemasters. They are better than that. And who knows, Codemasters and Turn 10 are running scared (or will be) so they will be working overtime to match this game if they get it right. That's why I call it revolutionary...it will change the focus of the console more toward SIM hopefully. They just need to finish it...and they have said they will.

Last edited:
I don't know I think Forza will always be for the Casual players. Now one thing they could do is Create two sides of the game, an Arcade and a Sim. I think I've seen that done before, but can't remember the game. You're always going to have Casual Gamers who just aren't as invested ($400 wheel systems) in the game as Hardcore Sim-craving Racers. And unfortunately Turn 10 knows this is where their bread-n-butter is at. That's why the races are 3 laps long and AI an afterthought, as the attention span of most "Casual" gamers is about 3 laps then New track, New Car, as opposed to spending hours tuning and practicing. I'm up to 464 miles on my Z4 at Silverstone (love the stats you can get)

By the way, I need someone to test the driving aids in the online race. For some reason, after the patch, they are all listed as "no" even though they are set to real. I need to make sure they are still there or I'll have to turn them on manually. I'll be up for about 1 hour, then get a nap and then be on for the race.

I don't know I think Forza will always be for the Casual players. Now one thing they could do is Create two sides of the game, an Arcade and a Sim. I think I've seen that done before, but can't remember the game. You're always going to have Casual Gamers who just aren't as invested ($400 wheel systems) in the game as Hardcore Sim-craving Racers. And unfortunately Turn 10 knows this is where their bread-n-butter is at. That's why the races are 3 laps long and AI an afterthought, as the attention span of most "Casual" gamers is about 3 laps then New track, New Car, as opposed to spending hours tuning and practicing. I'm up to 464 miles on my Z4 at Silverstone (love the stats you can get)

Not talking about any of that. I essentially agree with you there. But the physics (ffb and tire modeling) really really improved from FM4 to FM5. Wheel users about tell. Still not anywhere near a real SIM, I agree, but the all of the wheel was used...even though, at times, used incorrectly. You are right...they still defaulted to making pad users happy and therefore made the physics non-realistic, even though the wheel was greatly improved. Of course, the TX helped a great deal! The good news is that after the pad issues in the latest patch were "corrected" the wheel felt the same, so SMS knows where THEIR bread is buttered...in SIM land hopefully.

Nonetheless it is very disappointing to hear of so many problems with the wheel in a game that they had so long to get right. It's one of those things that i hoped would not be an issue in all honesty after all the delays. Losing ffb and connection to the wheel is just poor in my view and some of it sounds really frustrating and just a continuation of the issues from Shift 2 which you would think they would have learned from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes