Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are all excited for this release. What I don't know is how many people intend to a) play it on the xbox one and b) would like to join some sort of a formal league here at Race Department.

There are so many possibilities, I've had to calm myself down from getting lost in them. However, my main passion, IndyCar, will probably not be able to be run until the DLC with the ovals comes to the Xbox One.

That said, what sort of series would you like to see? Personally, ones that come to mind are Tudor United Sports Car Series, WEC, British Touring Car, and DTM. One of these could fill the gap for me until IndyCar is possible, but others may have better ideas.

Please indicate below if you are interested and what sort of times you are available and which series' you prefer. We could follow the actual schedule of many a series, due to the timing of the release. Personally, if they get the ovals out before IndyCar starts, I'll probably turn my focus there, but nothing would prevent running another alongside.

The anticipation is killing me! :sick:

Well I have not flown off the track with the controller yet lol.
i actually have my controller dialed in, that part i didnt want them to change, online wise connecting to public lobbies on xbox is a joke, first starters theres no lists so you just get thrown in to any old lobby, but sometime its just keeps you at the lobby screen, then when you do manage to connect wait around for track to load if the host has put it to outside car view you just get stuck in the garage till the end of the session ect.
my main gripes

definitely some issues still to sort out. I only mainly had the issues of the car suddenly steering left or right out of no where and taking the scenic route. Only other issue I have is the when to select car livery to use it does not stay on it.

i actually have my controller dialed in, that part i didnt want them to change, online wise connecting to public lobbies on xbox is a joke, first starters theres no lists so you just get thrown in to any old lobby, but sometime its just keeps you at the lobby screen, then when you do manage to connect wait around for track to load if the host has put it to outside car view you just get stuck in the garage till the end of the session ect.
my main gripes
I think the controller issues were greatly exaggerated tbh. I experienced that veer right / left problem twice on the first evening and never after that once i tweaked some settings. I'm far from a good pad driver so those that are should have been able to manage it fine.

I agree about the public lobby stuff. No idea why the XBO had that system while PC and PS4 had the usual lobby setup.

I think the controller issues were greatly exaggerated tbh. I experienced that veer right / left problem twice on the first evening and never after that once i tweaked some settings. I'm far from a good pad driver so those that are should have been able to manage it fine.

I agree about the public lobby stuff. No idea why the XBO had that system while PC and PS4 had the usual lobby setup.
I think the veering was sorted when changing the deadzone for the steering so i rarely noticed it.

Possibly some bad news heading my way in terms of getting a wheel. The missus and daughter had to be seen by the hotel doctor today with both getting some intravenous medication (ear infection for the wife and gastroentiritus for the daughter). Just in the clinic again for the same tonight and due back in the morning for final treatment hopefully. It's going to cost a packet although won't find out until the morning so my wheel funds will have to be used to fund part of it :/

I'll update you as soon as i know as it will impact on when i can join you guys in the league if the money does have to get used :thumbsdown:

Possibly some bad news heading my way in terms of getting a wheel. The missus and daughter had to be seen by the hotel doctor today with both getting some intravenous medication (ear infection for the wife and gastroentiritus for the daughter). Just in the clinic again for the same tonight and due back in the morning for final treatment hopefully. It's going to cost a packet although won't find out until the morning so my wheel funds will have to be used to fund part of it :/

I'll update you as soon as i know as it will impact on when i can join you guys in the league if the money does have to get used :thumbsdown:

I sure hope they are ok. Priorities are of course, priorities, and that's #1. We will be ok...looks like it's filling up anyway. I know you are itching to get a wheel, but many more leagues to come...and of course, it won't truly feel right until they get the patch out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes