RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry i bailed. these cars are too hard to drive one handed and my left arm was killing me.

and i don't have any alcohol to help with things .. lol

Last edited:
What a tense race! David, you must of had some incidents because you were holding steady until you weren't. Nice job everyone.

In case you guys were wondering, I ran a full wing setup with softs to start, and only 13 gal. fuel. I didn't quite manage to make it to the halfway point before my tires were checking out. I pitted at the 23 min mark, and switched to hards, and added 18 gal. (little too much but whatever) The car was slower but I just held it steady, and kept an eye on Ol' @ko41 back there. Haha. It was fun

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - Stop Hate
I was fortunate at the start to take advantage of a couple of spots and had some close racing for a number of laps, built a modest gap and then pitted. Tried attacking Greg and got a couple of tires on the curb and lost control braking and wound up in the sand. Thankfully I didn't take out Greg. Made another mistake and looped the car, lost a couple of more spots but gained one back.
I didn't notice who finished the race tonight so all are included in the draw for the FReD, which I will post later. For now I'm gonna sit quietly watch the end of the Cubs game and have a beer.
Good race guys.

I was fortunate at the start to take advantage of a couple of spots and had some close racing for a number of laps, built a modest gap and then pitted. Tried attacking Greg and got a couple of tires on the curb and lost control braking and wound up in the sand. Thankfully I didn't take out Greg. Made another mistake and looped the car, lost a couple of more spots but gained one back.
I didn't notice who finished the race tonight so all are included in the draw for the FReD, which I will post later. For now I'm gonna sit quietly watch the end of the Cubs game and have a beer.
Good race guys.
Lickin' your wounds and having a cold one. Mans Man;)

Yeah Dan was gone! So it was David and me for I don't know maybe 10 laps? I had just too much wing in it and to low on the gears. Pretty good race, had some good battles with David and Sletten. Dan you sure got a good start, no wheel spin at all and you hit it right when the lights went out. If I didn't know any better I would say you were using 'Launch Control', but nah FR90 doesn't have that?

Last edited:
Lost a spot on the start, got it back and lost it again. Lap 2 I tried to settle down.... didn't work , lap 3 stuffed it into the wall and dropped back to 8th. Fought my way back to 5th and caught up to Luke. Both our tires were shot and we pitted at the same time and the chase was on :) I finally made the pass after several laps and after a few more laps I was able to start putting some distance between us. It was pretty intense during the middle portion of the race.

KO

Yeah Dan was gone! So it was David and me for I don't know maybe 10 laps? I had just too much wing in it and to low on the gears. Pretty good race, had some good battles with David and Sletten. Dan you sure got a good start, no wheel spin at all and you hit it right when the lights went out. If I didn't know any better I would say you were using 'Launch Control', but nah FR90 doesn't have that?
Im just making up for all the bad starts I've had! I just held a little throttle and dropped it in gear, no clutch. I practiced starts in this car that way in AI races. I was watching you, Greg, David, Joey, and KO battle for position on the position bar. I knew if I had a spin, or went chasing squirrels again, it would have been over. You guys had pace, but I dug deep to get on pole, and with my starts down, I knew I could put some distance between us.

Next week should be a blast. Luke, You've got to join us again. The field is getting tighter, and should be some great battles.

Hey @David DeGreef, is there a way to get some more traffic for the "specials" of the month on RD? Like a new post on the news feed or something?

I don't know if I'm going to be able to take part in the race but I've made a setup for the Audi R8 LMS. Whether this Audi setup will work on another car such as the BMWs etc I have no idea. My experience with a GT3 is limited. I've never experienced any advantage in using the same setups with different cars.

And this is how I drive it.........

@Calvyn White thank you for taking the time to make a setup and share your guide to the track. I will give it a go this evening :thumbsup:

It's not that hard tbh. I mean, hell I've done it a few times, so how hard could it possibly be? :p All it really requires is having a basic grasp on racing technique, and to be semi-coherent in English.
If it were that easy, I'd be running the RD driver academy instead of watching it die. Knowing what to do isn't the same as communicating it in an interesting, coherent and easily understood manner.

Perfect example is the French classes I was forced to take in my school days. First two years, I had a total bitch of a teacher, Madmoiselle St Martin. Learnt almost nothing, was deemed useless as languages, placed in the "bottom" group for the following year. That year I had Mr Reed. Despite no interest in French whatsoever, I actually looked forward to his classes because they were fun, and learnt more than I had in the previous two years. So much in fact that they put me in the "top" group for the year after, predicting I was on target for an A or B grade in the final exams. That put me back with St Martin though. All progress lost, hated every second, ended up scraping a D in the exams.

So yeah, the ability to properly pass on knowledge is just as important as the knowledge itself.

Well Dan we will see, it looks like a great combo...Group C,5 and 4 at the Ring GP. But for me it depends on my pace during practice leading up. If I can put together a winning package (I thought I had that for this FR90 race?), then I will signup. BTW what were your wing settings if you care to share, I'm dying to know Dan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 86 19.3%
  • €151-500

Votes: 121 27.1%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 73 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 39 8.7%
  • €1501-3000