RaceRoom Racing Experience Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Wilko Jones @TrumpetReich @sc4dr @BP @stevem @SPC15 @Absurd1ty @2112 @ko41 @SOLO59 @Keith_G @emarchena @theColeHardTruth @bloozmahn @TR_S

Thank you @Ross Garland for getting things right as I should have checked during the week to ensure server was still running after upgrade.

I have moved this event to the 12th and will keep all signed in, if you are unable to attend please let me know and I'll sign you out. Again my apologies and I share your disappointment as the Tuesday evening club is a nice escape.

Dan if you like to rally the troops for a day and time we can do some free practice of cat and mouse or perhaps you would like to share your racing lines by a slow follow the leader? Just a thought.
I would love to do that. If the server is up tonight I will hop in if anyone wants to join. I’ll post my hot lap footage later. I’m also going to put up my hot lap in the Mustang at “Blister” berg over in that thread:D

Reactions: DND
I would love to do that. If the server is up tonight I will hop in if anyone wants to join. I’ll post my hot lap footage later. I’m also going to put up my hot lap in the Mustang at “Blister” berg over in that thread:D
The server is up and running

Unlucky timing there. I have a second PC I often run a server on and could have set up last night's race, but I left that computer at work on Monday and didn't have it at home last night.

Slightly off topic, but how powerful would a 2nd PC need to be to run as a server? I have one or two old machines and I'm curious about this. Could a laptop also work in this instance (of course both options would be connected by ethernet cable)?

Slightly off topic, but how powerful would a 2nd PC need to be to run as a server? I have one or two old machines and I'm curious about this. Could a laptop also work in this instance (of course both options would be connected by ethernet cable)?
It's not running the full game, really just connecting to a website so it doesn't need to be powerful at all. I imagine the internet speed is far more important. I'm not sure about running full dedicated serves that are up 24/7, but I use a super cheap laptop (that could never run the actual game) and it works great for creating servers I can race with a friend on.

TLDR, yes. A laptop will definitely work. Anything that can connect to the internet should work.

Reactions: BP
I honestly thought this track will generate more interest. If it stays like this, I think I'll make other plans for the evening, sorry.
Well, to be fair this event wasn't posted until yesterday because my internet was down for a few days. Short notice gives people no time to practice and less incentive to join.

Given that we're down to three drivers, I think I'll go ahead and scrub this one. Sorry guys. :(

...and I was number 1 on the Leaderboard :geek: :roflmao: but I couldn't commit, because I wasn't sure what time my contractor was coming to give me and estimate on a project....he'll be here about the time the race was scheduled to start.

Unlucky timing there. I have a second PC I often run a server on and could have set up last night's race, but I left that computer at work on Monday and didn't have it at home last night.
A second computer running a server, hey how does that work? I have dreamed of having my own SIM racing club, but don't get the server part, so any help there would be appreciated .

A second computer running a server, hey how does that work? I have dreamed of having my own SIM racing club, but don't get the server part, so any help there would be appreciated .
I just have a second computer (can be a super cheap laptop or anything), a second steam account (free), and the R3E server tool installed on it through steam (still free). Launching the server tool runs a quick program then opens a webpage where you set up the server. There are ports you have to open but I can get you those. If more people are interested, I can definitely create a new thread for it. I know there are tons of forums already covering it, but it can be confusing for sure.

The biggest part is just that it has to be a separate computer, unlike the server tools for AMS, RF2, etc.

Give me a track and car group and I will set up my laptop server which is ready to go. Lets make it interesting by fixed Amature setups. no warm up, cut track slow downs, 10 m practice, 10 m quali and 15 m races with reverse grid for the second race. Anyone ready right now??

Or maybe just a practice server?

OK, no response in over an hour... too early for some and too late for others? Anyway, I must now shut down the server ... maybe some other time.

Last edited:
Give me a track and car group and I will set up my laptop server which is ready to go. Lets make it interesting by fixed Amature setups. no warm up, cut track slow downs, 10 m practice, 10 m quali and 15 m races with reverse grid for the second race. Anyone ready right now??

Or maybe just a practice server?
I'm ready. Just sat down....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back