LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
LOL, I'm having enough trouble mastering sound modding, let alone anything else.
Great that you're into sound modding, I'm sure a lot of the car modders on here really appreciate another guy into sound modding... sound is an area that needs more people to get involved :thumbsup:
It's a shame you're not going to do San Francisco, I would have asked if you wouldn't mind making the Seattle track from Gran Turismo... Always loved that track!

I've just realised that I never left a proper review for this, what the...:( I just posted here on Support but never in the review section. Time to fix this little oversight. :confused::confused:
Cheers Gonza, easy to overlook leaving a review... It's a shame there wasn't a visual indication on mod pages as to whether or not you've actually reviewed them or not. Easy to think you have reviewed / rated when actually you got carried away enjoying it :D

Great that you're into sound modding, I'm sure a lot of the car modders on here really appreciate another guy into sound modding... sound is an area that needs more people to get involved :thumbsup:
It's a shame you're not going to do San Francisco, I would have asked if you wouldn't mind making the Seattle track from Gran Turismo... Always loved that track!
:D

Touche! LOL!

I haven't done all that much sound wise, but, I think I know what to do when I get back to it. Right now I'm concentrating on ones that didn't work on here and trying to get them to work. I'm avoiding the dreaded Kunos tyre squeal like the plague! I don't have the resources to do anything completely original, most of what I'm doing uses other peoples' stuff so I couldn't share it.

Cheers Gonza, easy to overlook leaving a review... It's a shame there wasn't a visual indication on mod pages as to whether or not you've actually reviewed them or not. Easy to think you have reviewed / rated when actually you got carried away enjoying it :D

Yes, very true, that would be very useful, sometimes you leave a comment and talk about it in the forum assuming you also reviewed it when it's not the case. I get carried away very easily too...:)

Still cant get enough of this track. Again, thank you so much for the extra roads and the track mod as a whole. Its great how you can still play on the same server as people with just the base track. I gotta admit tho, its kinda funny watching someone try to follow you past the orange gates→→→→→→→↓.................

Anyway I have a question. Does the car shake more as you get towards the edge of the map or am I imagining this? I have played with the camera shake options in CM, perhaps this has something to do with it?

Still cant get enough of this track. Again, thank you so much for the extra roads and the track mod as a whole. Its great how you can still play on the same server as people with just the base track. I gotta admit tho, its kinda funny watching someone try to follow you past the orange gates→→→→→→→↓.................

Anyway I have a question. Does the car shake more as you get towards the edge of the map or am I imagining this? I have played with the camera shake options in CM, perhaps this has something to do with it?
It does shake more the further you get away from the middle of the map. It's a limitation in the engine. AC was never supposed to have tracks this big.

• Deleted member 197115

It's not (different problem), and that fix is already in CSP, I believe.

I think it is in the shader patch as I remember seeing something like that there on 125p49.
---

Is there a way to get shader patch + SOL to not look overblow during daylight? It blows out highlights on LAC, it also loves to set ambient haze/fog to close to nothing (clear weather on server) which results in damn odd unnatural look for anything at a distance, sort of airless if you know what I mean. Tried latest shader + SOL yesterday and this was still there, unresolved.

How to set SOL to not clip highlights so hard? All I figured out last time is that it ignores PPfilter settings and auto exposures on it's own as it wants.

I think it is in the shader patch as I remember seeing something like that there on 125p49.
---

Is there a way to get shader patch + SOL to not look overblow during daylight? It blows out highlights on LAC, it also loves to set ambient haze/fog to close to nothing (clear weather on server) which results in damn odd unnatural look for anything at a distance, sort of airless if you know what I mean. Tried latest shader + SOL yesterday and this was still there, unresolved.

How to set SOL to not clip highlights so hard? All I figured out last time is that it ignores PPfilter settings and auto exposures on it's own as it wants.
i think is best to try explain that directly to Peter ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/

Even i'm confused by Sol and its effects sometimes. If i had a good internet i'd just delete the whole game folder and make a proper clean install from scratch ! Too many weather mods over the years i'm sure some things i have messed up :p

Well I'm digging in it half a day now and the exposure (brightness) setting for the automated exposure of Shader+SOL is hidden under the normally ignored [TONEMAPPING] EXPOSURE in PPfilter when in fact as I said before it should read [AUTO_EXPOSURE] TARGET instead. What is even better is all these values get ignored if a PPfilter has shader/SOL LUA file defined for it and no matter what realtime editing suggestions I read none worked when editing the LUA so each edit of LUA = restart the game to see effect. (The file reloads when placed in one location but doesn't take visual effect nor in the debug values in apps.) Add: Well it does apply changes "realtime" when you enable dynamic weather and change the weather after each edit.

Why was it overblown? Because it was reading wrong value a value it should ignore but as is written in one of the many manuals it wants the TONEMAPPING EXPOSURE the static value to be set to your desired level. It's a shame that it doesn't use AE that checks for white clipping % and adjust accordingly as well.

Copy your old AE TARGET to TONEMAPPING EXPOSURE, because.. well.. SOL. If you use LUA, the default __Sol PP filter has LUA, you will have to edit that to see any effect. Look for "ac.setPpTonemapExposure". It's set way too high even default __Sol filter blows out highlights with it.

If you want to debug more of the values:
Code:
if sol__debug__custom_config == true then
        ac.debug("PpTonemapExposure", string.format('%.2f', ac.getPpTonemapExposure()))
        ac.debug("PpTonemapGamma", string.format('%.2f', ac.getPpTonemapGamma()))
        ac.debug("PpTonemapMappingFactor", string.format('%.2f', ac.getPpTonemapMappingFactor()))
        ac.debug("PpColorTemperatureK", string.format('%d', ac.getPpColorTemperatureK()))
        ac.debug("PpWhiteBalanceK", string.format('%d', ac.getPpWhiteBalanceK()))
    end

On top of that the AE and SOL may also dynamically adjust brightness, contrast, saturation. But it's hard to debug and see a difference.

Fog config can't find. There is some fog with SOL but it's much lower compared to normal AC. All I can find is the LUA itself that calculates fog and many other things. The extreme distance clarity/lack of fog looks odd in games.

Fixed the headlights config at least too. More to test on that with people on server. Hopefully no more blown out headlights, no more wonky weak headlights, no more white interior, no more such a big performance impact.

Now I have to figure out what settings get saved to what files to back it all up.

My weathers are fine, plus I back those up too so I can check what vanilla AC weather is.

There is great potential in SOL to look and work well but the default config doesn't.

Last edited:
i think is best to try explain that directly to Peter ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sol.163844/

Even i'm confused by Sol and its effects sometimes. If i had a good internet i'd just delete the whole game folder and make a proper clean install from scratch ! Too many weather mods over the years i'm sure some things i have messed up :p

That's exactly what I did 2 weeks ago! And I'm still running vanilla AC weather (and I don't remember AC looking this good :confused::redface: )

Can't remember, have you got the VIP pack?

Anyway, with all the Extra FX in the new shaders patch turned on this looks stunning. It looks like a movie. With DisplayPort at 75hz I'd get screen tear, but with HDMI and 60hz I don't.

What's the difference between Freeroam and Freeroam VIP?
Which layout has the squad of police cars around one of the VIP road houses?
the freeroam is same as before, with spawn near the regular start
the freeroam VIP, if i remember correctly has 'random' spawn location all across the map. In solo if you hit "go back to pit" you will be next to the dam.

As for random police, they are in all the layouts

I don't think I've seen the cop cars yet at all, at least not online.
The standing cars are now dynamically placed each session start?
they're all placed with dyn_cars_*.kn5
it includes cars parked, camping cars, police all that
online session have a unique ID number, which should be the same on each person connecting said server, so everyone sees the same parked cars

you can check on your folder, and ini files, it's between 20 / 10 % chance of spawn (don't mess around with the values or you can't connect online)

Yeah I was noticing lately that the cars seem dynamic but didn't know it's possible.

Anyone knows where the SOL mod settings are stored so I can back them up? I gotta disable shader patch and SOL again to check what's wrong with all single layout tracks wanting to launch with nonexistent "freeroam" layout...
Don't want to lose my settings from disabling SOL. I don't mean the PPfilter presets, LUA etc. but the nightbrightness, headlights, those kind of settings from the SOL ingame apps.

AC lately is breaking itself with all the updates to CM and now possibly to shader patch and SOL. Need to minimize it back down to stock again which usually works fine for years until CM messes something up XD

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.2%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.6%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 103 55.7%