LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I just wanted to make sure my email wasn't lost. I saw there's a backup of getting out emails. I assumed there was some order to them going out. I expected to get an email before new donors since I donated last year, so when I saw someone just donated yesterday and got their email, I just assumed mine got lost.

I can wait. I'm just now getting around to checking out the lastest update on ACC.

i'll put my few cts here (maybe that's a bad expression xD)
upload_2019-3-16_19-30-19.png

About Donations (key word for future readers going through the pages)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

They were (and still are) meant to say thanks for the modder's work. You understand you are getting a mod for free, and as such you could(should?) be grateful for such extra content. (think A3DR & aphidgod NFS mod to name one, did you donate to say massive thanks for their work ?)
And to thank you back for the kind thoughts of donation, Phoenix would send extra files we were working on, you know, as a token of gratitude. (So did i back in the days for my caterhams (now i don't have any content to give you, tough luck XD))

Now the youtube videos turned words into "if you donate you have more".
But that's not really it. You may, but that's not the spirit.

Anyways, to keep things short, and how i see it...
Smallish donations, as appreciated as they can be, don't necessarily mean a lifetime of Phoenix good words & token of gratitude ;)
You know... he spent probably 200 hours doing this, i did my little share too, so did correca and others... so you guys can have 42km to drive, FOR FREE.

Edit: good point made; maybe we should have done a more accurate explanation about it all. With a fixed amount to make things simpler and clearer for everyone.
We didn't quite expect such interest, nor planned to go this far with the 3D I guess!
Lesson learned for future projects, who knows

Just my few cts
upload_2019-3-16_19-36-58.png

Last edited:
I gave what I felt was due, in retrospect, now I know just how good it is, I would gladly have given more. Don't be a skinflint, this is one of the top resources out there for Assetto Corsa, brought to you by a master of the trade.

It is sad that people will give the absolute minimum, or really close to it, but you guys really should just sell the extras as payware and set a minimum amount.

Example: $2 (or $5, whatever) is the minimum amount to be guaranteed to receive the extras ASAP, anything less than that will go to the bottom of the list and will get them eventually.

I was waiting on this every day for the week after 1.0 was announced and have been checking here at least 3 times a day for my email, as well as searching all my emails and my spam folders multiple times. I donated more than the minimum and I am not really enjoying it when im online riving with someone only for them to go into the vip roads and me be unable to follow even though i donated before the track even had vegetation. Im more excited for this than i was for dirt rally 2.0 and people who only just donated now that its finished are driving past the gates without me, leaving me to not play AC until the whole thing makes it to my inbox. I had the vip roads for 0.81 within two days and i only have so long before i am going to have to disassemble my rig for a month or two, at which time i will likely receive the track.

It is sad that people will give the absolute minimum, or really close to it, but you guys really should just sell the extras as payware and set a minimum amount.

Example: $2 (or $5, whatever) is the minimum amount to be guaranteed to receive the extras ASAP, anything less than that will go to the bottom of the list and will get them eventually.
yeah that's a good point
for next project ^^

Just received your email, thank you very much, I'll be driving every day until I have to go deal with being an adult. Sorry if I came across wrong, I wasn't angry, just quite anxious since I have watched every single youtube video since before the release.

Hi all, I too donated (pretty generously I think) last year and have been waiting and wondering when the email would drop in. I will double check spam folders and such, but I just wanted to post here in case someone who can help sees this...

thanks again Phoenix, Ben O' Bro, and everyone else involved...

I downloaded a mod the other day (Tajo hillclimb) that does exactly that, you have a minimum to pay (1.50 euros, still very cheap) to unlock the extras.

I think it's a good idea, it shouldn't be necessary but it's unbelievable that some people 'thank' the authors by donating miserables amounts. If I was the creator of a mod as good as L.A Canyons and somebody donated me 0.1 I know very well what I would send to them in return...nothing weird, maybe 0.1 km of extra roads.

Honestly, we've come to a point when people just don't want to pay for anything anymore, not even the price of a pint for something that you will enjoy for hours and hours, it's very sad.

• Deleted member 637371

Very cool, had great fun racing around the winding bends in a Ferrari. Worth more than a coffee. Many thanks.

You'll just have to be patient, Phoenix will have the fullest inbox in history by now. Please remember that this is one guy. He will endeavour to get to everyone in time.

Just got my email. Thanks guys. When my kid gets off VR in a bit maybe I will get a turn to try it out. (I love that my daughter is finally into something related to my hobbies, but her time conflicts with my time which means no time for me.)

Tried out version 1.0 yesterday. It was so good it put me to sleep. I had just done an hour of ACC, and then switched over to AC. I was driving the canyons for about 20 minutes before the sun started setting. I forgot I had SOL on. A bit later it was dark. After another 10 minutes or so, and I started yawning. Went upstairs and took a nap.

I got some good sleep last night. When I get my turn on the computer again, I will have the rest of the VIP set up on there, and I will be ready to go.

I was unaware of Tajo Hillclimb until this thread. Donated there and will try that out today too!

Finally had a chance to test 1.0 yesterday. Honestly, it feels completely different to the last version I have tested. This feels like a 1.0 for sure. Good work you guys, it's a lot of fun!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back