LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
I think you've done quite a good job, the only area where I have visible shaking is on the vip road going to newcomb, but i'm too busy driving anyways. Rest is pretty awesome. Is there a point to point version from Canada to newcomb ? Going uphill from Canada during sunset is pretty epic.

Meanwhile, somewhere near Newcomb's Ranch...

RUWNLPi.png

Phoenix and Ben, thank you very much!
It took me a while to get my ass up, put the vr goggles on an give this gem a go...

I’m still speechless.

Shader patch, SOL and LAC....

Times to remember. Simracing history made.

THX :inlove:

Well the other day YouTube was outright unusable stutter, even now it seems to play rather at 30fps instead of 60fps, will see how it ends up after processing...

Hidden in the blackness is my 16k texture, seems to look OK after a tweak to match it to the changes made to LAC since the texture was made. Gotta ask Phoenix if I can upload it or he wants it for VIP.

And some more shenanigans later with the one and only:

^You can see the 16k terrain texture I use right now.

Last edited:
Well the other day YouTube was outright unusable stutter, even now it seems to play rather at 30fps instead of 60fps, will see how it ends up after processing...

Hidden in the blackness is my 16k texture, seems to look OK after a tweak to match it to the changes made to LAC since the texture was made. Gotta ask Phoenix if I can upload it or he wants it for VIP.

And some more shenanigans later with the one and only:

^You can see the 16k terrain texture I use right now.
i sent the 12k to few people to test
i think 16k isn't worth the extra 200mo... visually it looks really similar, and the 12k is only 90mo
i think john will tell you the same he told me :p
that we have some 99% warning now that we didn't have before, so "take it easy on extra stuff, and step away from 3ds dude!" ^^

some serious driving as always
when you're not waiting for people :p

So, do the balloons actually fire their burners or are these just particularly eloquent glitchy flickers?:D

On a slightly related note, the wobbling actually makes a quite nice atmospheric shimmering effect (looking at the city lights in the distance) :cool:

So, do the balloons actually fire their burners or are these just particularly eloquent glitchy flickers?:D

On a slightly related note, the wobbling actually makes a quite nice atmospheric shimmering effect (looking at the city lights in the distance) :cool:
on purpose indeed ;)
city lights do flick on purpose also (and as well not on purpose because of distance and render engine)

I still haven't received an email for the vip roads. been waiting since 1.0 and havent really driven much as im waiting for the other roads.
Do we have to donate again?
i find it funny not driving the whole track (42km!!) and wanting more already, but maybe that's just me
email will come, john has been overwhelmed with so many emails etc. wait & see
except if you donated 0.01$ :p

I drove the whole thing, vip roads included, in the 0.81 version, and im pretty sure i sent $3 or $4 canadian. I have driven the new version and gone around the whole thing a few times but i have been mostly holding off until i can drive the rest.

I've not been driving AC much over the past months, but fired it back up for this. LAC 1.0+VIP has exceeded my expectations. The only negative comments I have would be those that are tied to AC's technical limitations, but even then you've worked within those better than I would have guessed possible. Yall have done such an impressive job.

85MB 8k
192MB 12k
341MB 16k

With mipmaps in BC7 fine compression.

The difference is not big in detail. AC doesn't use much RAM unless one adds 50 different car models anyway.

We talked about the 99% CPU utilization, I think it's due to all the hacks, the shader patch lights love to tank performance and now with SOL it's likely not getting any better. It's not hard to compare previous and current version and see what CPU load there is under same conditions. Testing the lights and all, either with AI or get on a server with a lot of people.

With shader + SOL I always get momentary freezes randomly, as if a frame freezes for a split second. Doesn't matter if it's LAC or stock content and stock cars. It also has performance issues with many cars on track which is why I don't use it other than on SOL servers. With 1 car offline sure it runs faster than stock AC but with many cars on track it was the opposite result especially when everyone turns lights on.

---

They could fly away but when you go too fast it's damn easy to crash especially with F1 GTR. Haven't driven it in a year and 3 days, Imola setup on LAC, no HUD with no rear view mirror, can't see a thing behind me let alone in front at night at 4-5am falling asleep :p

Plus it's apparently possible to break an AC install to a point where it does random things or some such, the 2nd F1 GTR was suffering from that. Wipers on/off, lights on/off, or some such. CM, shader etc. probably having a bad day.

And YouTube is lately being pretty bad, the 2nd video while uploaded 1440p60 shows up as 1080p60, I bet Google is running out of storage and willingness to buy more, over compressing and reducing everything they can nowadays to lower resolutions, even regular above 1080p60 uploads were broken in recent weeks, not sure that's fixed either. They get nice fairly pristine 1440p60 24mbps and turn it into 1080p60 with quality worth that of a 480p30 due to crazy bitrate compression and stutter. YouTube.. :D

26 cars on server at night with shader+SOL, no issue with 99% CPU utilization.
Server restarts, not sure how many left due to SOL bug but still no issue with everyone else in pits at once and going out.
Most of the time 3 cores at around 50-55% with 4th being 80-85%, total CPU utilization around 65%. GPU utilization 45%.

The only issues I observe are momentary freezes when ever shader patch is enabled. Which is not fault of LAC.

CPU: 4.6GHz 4690K, 4 cores, 4 threads.

For those with video issues, something to try, have a look at the video settings in content manager, in particular, resolution and fps. In resolution you'll see 3 boxes, width, height and then a third that has hz by it. This is the refresh rate. If it says 0, enter 60 and save the preset. Most monitors are capable of a 60hz refresh rate. I found that Assetto Corsa looked and performed better once I'd set that.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.