LA Canyons

Tracks LA Canyons 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
LA Canyons mod actually made me buy Assetto Corsa! I've recently donated what I think is a coffee? How do I go abouts downloading the extra roads? Thank you again for this!

you should show some screenshots to see the mesh and tremendous job it requires to cover such distance!!
Cheers, I would do mate... But I showed some screens of the road meshes before... It's just the same again... x1.5 - x2 on top :) and you wouldn't see anything... with the poly density at that distance scale. It's solid white even when looking at the wireframe :D
150km's of high resolution road meshes is as insane as it sounds though.
7.5 Nordschleife's... at the same density per km Kunos used. :confused:

very cool track, amazing work! how do i get my hands on the extra VIP-Roads? I already donated one or two coffees :) Cheers!
Cheers mate, hope you're having fun exploring, and having some cool drives :)

LA Canyons mod actually made me buy Assetto Corsa! I've recently donated what I think is a coffee? How do I go abouts downloading the extra roads? Thank you again for this!
Cheers mate, glad to know you bought Assetto Corsa just to drive LA Canyons... That's great! Have sent you an email... have fun exploring :)

Huge thanks to everyone for their support. After sharing coffees with Ben & Correca...
I will be using the remaining coffees to obtain full versions of some of the 'trial version' plugins I've been using, hopefully speeding up processes with custom templates etc :inlove: These templates will then be available to use on other projects.

There's a pre-baked per-vertex AO file available for LAC, for those using Ilja's shader mod. Didn't want to post a link without @Phoenix77 's permission, but here's a couple of screens:

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_drift_la_canyons_24-9-118-13-22-25.png
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_drift_la_canyons_24-9-118-13-22-36.png
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_drift_la_canyons_24-9-118-13-22-51.png
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_drift_la_canyons_24-9-118-13-23-10.png

Hmm... as a track maker, I'm not sure how I feel about a new shader that does that.

I feel like AO is what helps to set good/greats apart from just average tracks. But if rips and RTB tracks can look just as good but with no effort now.... :cautious:

Hmm... as a track maker, I'm not sure how I feel about a new shader that does that.

I feel like AO is what helps to set good/greats apart from just average tracks. But if rips and RTB tracks can look just as good but with no effort now.... :cautious:
That's one of the reasons why I haven't posted a link - I didn't want to tread on @Phoenix77 's or @Ben O'Bro 's toes.
There's obviously a LOT more than just the shading and shadows that separates great tracks from average ones so I don't think bespoke track modders should be too concerned about their work suffering in comparison. A quick AO pass can only do so much, and the results are often hard to spot. It certainly can't turn an ugly duckling into a swan. I personally like driving all sorts of different tracks for all sorts of different reasons, so if some of the, ahem, visually challenged ones can get a quick improvement pass then I'm all for it. A lot of them, your tracks and LAC included, don't even need it. But it is available in this case, just in case anyone prefers it.

i see your point
can't really prevent malicious people to use that for rip content, although i don't know if he will make this tool public or not, he calculated the ao of the track and sent me the files.
I was meant to post something about it, but didn't find time yet
Given the size of LAC i couldn't find a working solution to have AO for trees & rocks, i contacted Ilja to improve the casting shadows on ks_tree materials,
which is improved by the way, this to me is the major and important improvement here!
(quick version: you need a negative value for emissive Blue (for example 0 0 -0.01) in order to trigger his patch, and kstrees will receive shadows)​
-- and in the meantime he said he was working on a vertex based-ao that he was testing on LAC.

Anyways.
I think like Mascot said, it takes more work than just an automated ao creator to create a good looking track. For my buildings i made my own ao, i don't think his one would make it as good as a hand made (3dsmax) one.

you should show some screenshots to see the mesh and tremendous job it requires to cover such distance!!

In other news, i am looking for better references about the Tujunga Dam
View attachment 273828

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/big-tujunga-dam-los-angeles

i find it hard to get good pictures of how the dam works, the overflow system etc. lot of picture are under construction. If any of you went there in real life and got pictures, and better understanding :)
View attachment 273829

and few ref i could find
View attachment 273830 View attachment 273831 View attachment 273832 View attachment 273833 View attachment 273834 View attachment 273835

Took a cruise the entire track in real life today because the wind died down and was feeling good! hit all the spots as usual Newcomb ranch was closed during the weekday mount Lawlor and Mt Disappointment were closed as usual. I have never seen them open. here some pics of the Dam. Its as close as you are going to get unless your a goverment employee... LMK if you want any specific pics or if anyone wants to do a slow cruise... put my winter tires on lol
IMG_3545.JPG
IMG_3549.JPG
IMG_3550.JPG
IMG_3551.JPG
IMG_3552.JPG
IMG_3553.JPG
IMG_3554.JPG
IMG_3555.JPG
IMG_3556.JPG

Took a cruise the entire track in real life today

dang you were there in real life!
took me a moment when you talked about the gates closed, i thought in AC ...
That seems so unreal to me! Such an amazing drive it must be when you've spent time driving the thing ingame.
thanks a lot for these pictures. I think i understand the basics of the dam, once the Fox body is done, it will be turn for the dam, i'll take some liberties and model it to how i think i see it :)
Beautiful weather, plus you met Smokey for real :D

edit: 1000th message on the support thread :o

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back